Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
prawin

Importing Handsets From Usa For Rimweb Members

Hi all,

If dhl is the easier and trouble free method in shipping, i don't have any problem shipping from dhl .

the memory you requested will cost you $59=2950 and here is the link for the memory (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227267&CMP=AFC-C8Junction)

I hope we can find better deals. I had ordered a similar one last month for approx 30$ but due to some billing address problems it could not be completed

and how about the mail in rebate?

I found another link with less price here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16820227269&Tpk=N82E16820227269) +3.99 shipping to my zip 19713

yeah the mail in rebate takes time frame of 3-4 months and some times we may not get the mail rebate

looks better. though i hope that there will be better deals tomorrow onwards.

so no advantage of mail in rebates for us?

Look at my Parcel is have 2 Handset in Parcel and both is Missing (This was from DHL you know)

http://www.myus.com/php/track/dhl.php?awb=9174550405

http://www.dhl.co.in/publish/in/en/eshippi...;type=fasttrack

This will give better idea :D

what do they do keeping these shipments in hold? Doers it ever get released. Cant we call up their customer care and lodge a complaint? And in cases of theft of handsets,cant we complain?pl guide on these issues.....it 'll be helpful to everyone

^^^

My dear Sumal, sure anyone can file a complaint with Customer Care if the handset / parcel being in Hold. And they do release the parcel after some formalities. Nothing to worry.

Regards.

this deal looks good to me. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...=AFC-C8Junction

with the coupon MEM11207 at newegg it comes out to be 1$ after MIR

I ll be happy if this is possible. Looking for a good 1.5 Tb deal

My dear Sumal, sure anyone can file a complaint with Customer Care if the handset / parcel being in Hold. And they do release the parcel after some formalities. Nothing to worry.

its not as easy as it sounds........dont u think hetal and sadik must have though abt this long time back.......

this deal looks good to me. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...=AFC-C8Junction

oh sorry. that was a2x1 gb

yeah mail in rebate is that you have to pay full and cut the upc product code from the product package and mail them via post, its takes processing of 3-4 months and the will send the check of the mail-in amount . its a 50-50 shot of getting mail in, i haven't received mail-in for memory and logitech webcam sent 6 months from now, but i have received mail-in of $150 for my laptop. 70 percent of the people forget to fill and post. so most people here won't prefer mail-in.

Edited by prawin

^^^

Regards.

so now the only problem that remains is the handset getting delivered to us safely..but wat dr.muddaf says is also rite..its not such an easy process.but is there no one in this forum who can guide us clearly on these customs hassles.

^^^

My dear Sumal, actually if the declaration of the product is correct then their won't be any problems even with DHL.

Thousands of Indians Import products from US without any hassels.

What do you think, that all their products / parcels been hold by them ? No.

its not as easy as it sounds........dont u think hetal and sadik must have though abt this long time back.......

^^^

My dear friend, conditions could be different with different people.

Regards.

@kamal

bro i think in this case v shud listen to what these guys r saying ( hetal n sadikk) as they have a lot of experience in these things than us ......neither i and i think not even u have imported expensive equipment from US ....guys for custom hassle i think its better to ask sum1 who is experienced in these things rahter than just goin blindly for it and then repenting later .....

as far our forum is concerned u know who r experinced with these kind of issues .....so its better to ask them or for that matter anyone else who has imported expensive stuff from US ( specially phones not officially available in india)

bro i think in this case v shud listen to what these guys r saying ( hetal n sadikk) as they have a lot of experience in these things than us ......neither i and i think not even u have imported expensive equipment from US ....guys for custom hassle i think its better to ask sum1 who is experienced in these things rahter than just goin blindly for it and then repenting later .....

@Dr. Mufaddal

My dear friend, here you are 100% wrong. I had seen many people importing mobile handsets from US to India without any hassles. Thats why I told that in my post.

Again I will say different people have different experience about this.

Regards.

^^^

My dear Sumal, actually if the declaration of the product is correct then their won't be any problems even with DHL.

Thousands of Indians Import products from US without any hassels.

What do you think, that all their products / parcels been hold by them ? No.

^^^

My dear friend, conditions could be different with different people.

Regards.

yup might be some wrong declarations.in these cases ebay is the best since our money gets refunded within a short span. What about thefts?any solution to that . Has anybody had an experience of loosing their handsets to theft cases while gettin it imported?.

@kamal

as far our forum is concerned u know who r experinced with these kind of issues .....so its better to ask them or for that matter anyone else who has imported expensive stuff from US ( specially phones not officially available in india)

i agree with kamal. Different people have had different experiences.. I think every courier that comes from us doesn get stuck. If that was to be case then there would have been no courier service between india and us.

@kamal

my dear brother plz read my post once gain......where did i mention that dont get handsets or gadgetery from US?????? .it will get lost ?????......

SECONDLY i said its better to take advice about custom hassles from experienced people in this buisness rather than those who has no experience in it .........i know diiff people have diff issues but it is always advisable to ask them,,,,,what i always meant was to ask this people abt custom problems and how to get over them b4 ordering expensive things

also all i can say is at this moment it is imp that v order for less expensive stuff so that v can have a idea abt this thing rather than goin for expensive handsets and getting cuaght with sumthin

and i know a lot of people inport handsets thru ebay .......many of our forum mebers have done it ( i think even kshah got his treo this way) ....i m not saying that all parcels will get lost ....

regards :winko:

Edited by mufaddal_km

@kamal

my dear brother plz read my post once gain......where did i mention that dont get handsets or gadgetery from US?????? .it will get lost ?????......

SECONDLY i said its better to take advice about custom hassles from experienced people in this buisness rather than those who has no experience in it .........i know diiff people have diff issues but it is always advisable to ask them,,,,,what i always meant was to ask this people abt custom problems and how to get over them b4 ordering expensive things

also all i can say is at this moment it is imp that v order for less expensive stuff so that v can have a idea abt this thing rather than goin for expensive handsets and getting cuaght with sumthin

and i know a lot of people inport handsets thru ebay .......many of our forum mebers have done it ( i think even kshah got his treo this way) ....i m not saying that all parcels will get lost ....

regards :winko:

i've been constantly requestin for help from the members(u can check my above posts) who have dealt with customs.but surprisingly there has been no comments bout that..

Hi Guys

I have imported 3 handsets and 1 bluetooth headset and declared the goods correctly and the price as well. Hence there was no problem at all.

Problem starts only if u do not declare the goods correctly or they have a doubt and check yr parcel. Else importing thru a reputed courier is risk free.

raju

Hi All,

I am planning to ship mobile handsets(CDMA/GSM/) from USA for rimweb users.

As the coming thanks giving day and coming holiday season in December you can find a lot deals here.

I will charge you exact handset price+ shipping with insurance+ 1000 rs.

you can pay by paypal or bank transfer to my account in India, I am from Andhra pradesh.

I will post available deals here and you can order or you can find the deals and let me know , I will order for you.

I am in a tax free state (Delaware) so no tax at all.

you can check available deals in us from deals2buy.com and dealsofamerica.com,ebay.com,cellhut.com.

cdma networks here in usa are verizon,sprint,alltel,virgin.

if anyone interested do let me know.

Praveen Mothe

484 461 5558

SECONDLY i said its better to take advice about custom hassles from experienced people in this buisness rather than those who has no experience in it .........

@Dr. Mufaddal

My dear friend, theirs no harm to take advice of anyone be it our co-members or be it anybody else.

But at the same time I just wanted to tell that if anyone declare the goods correctly then their would not be any problem with the parcel.

The problem will only be their if anyone FILES A FALSE DECLARATION.

And our beloved friend PRAWIN is so responsible person, that he will not let any of our co-member in problem.

Regards.

Hi Guys

I have imported 3 handsets and 1 bluetooth headset and declared the goods correctly and the price as well. Hence there was no problem at all.

Problem starts only if u do not declare the goods correctly or they have a doubt and check yr parcel. Else importing thru a reputed courier is risk free.

raju

^^^

Thats what I'm trying to say from the begining my dear friends.

Regards.

ya that's rite.. but we shud always begin with some smaller test items who's price is within 4k

Edited by sumatrix

But at the same time I just wanted to tell that if anyone declare the goods correctly then their would not be any problem with the parcel.

The problem will only be their if anyone FILES A FALSE DECLARATION.

Declaring the goods correctly alone is not enough, the customs people should be convinced that the price declared is correct. Otherwise, they can assume a price for the goods as per current marked price and levy duty on you. I had imported a second hand EDGE/GPRS card from US for $49( $1 = Rs.40/- back then).The product and price were correctly declared. I even gave them a print out of the transaction statement as a proof for the price of product. Still had to pay Rs.900/- as tax for a Rs 2000/- item. ie a duty of 45%. It all depends on the customs guys and your luck.

Hi Prawin

Did you ship any item for anyone?

I am looking for HTC diamond or Diamond Pro without a contract for shipping thro USPS ( I think takes about 10 days to arrive here) . Diamond Pro is preferred but depends on price and affordability. Please find time to check. Diamond after launch of Pro seems to be going at real low prices.

Thanks

Hi Prawin

Did you ship any item for anyone?

I am looking for HTC diamond or Diamond Pro without a contract for shipping thro USPS ( I think takes about 10 days to arrive here) . Diamond Pro is preferred but depends on price and affordability. Please find time to check. Diamond after launch of Pro seems to be going at real low prices.

Thanks

Hi Sorry for late response, i was on holiday. the prices for htc diamond and diamond pro ranging from 500-650. i see that htc diamond pro is available for $300 in ebay as of now, if you are interested i can get you.let me know, AFAIK htc diamond phones can't be activated on reliance network as of now.

thanks

Praveen

Hi

Thanks . I shall get in touch with you on phone or skype after a while

Bye

i want 30 Treo 755P, I am selling them here for 11000 Maximum.

Please Quote me your price, i can transfer u the payment right now.

Also include Shipping amount.

I will get it cleard it in india.

But i want u to declare less value of the goods.

Let me know.