Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
prawin

Importing Handsets From Usa For Rimweb Members

I dont foresee any problems in smaller items like RAM and HDD; its only with bigger items like BD Player etc... 90% chance they will be caught up in customs... I am planning to get some test items from him soon... seems genuine and good initiative, needs to be encouraged...

This is a good initiative.. But pl make clear all the legal tangles,customs tangle etc etc.. So that the product would reach our hands safetly and we wouldn need to break our heads over it.i think sadikkkkk can guide u on the legal and customs part..

when do you take payment?

will you ship directly to our addresses?

any expected legal hassels?

You can send me anytime.

it gets shipped to my address, once i receive it, i will ship to you.

i dont know about legal hassels.

But let me know how much capacity hdd and ram and which type of ram you want to buy. let me know if you want any specific brands.

I would need 2x2gb DDR2 for desktop its usually around 20$-25$ or so after discounts and rebates. Heard from a friend that there are ways to convert internal HDD to external USB HDD (casing wires etc). That be the case I would want a 1.5 TB seagate internal HDD (120-150 $).

Can you tell how much it will it cost me and how do we go about the deal?

It is hard to believe that you will be importing handset from us only for rimweb members. What about the warranty Issues and after sales. what will be the price difference. do you have any link that will give an idea about the price is us?

@prawin

i heard from my frends that white htc g1 has started selling ......can u give me the details of the same and what wud b the final cost????also v all r waiting to hear from u abt the legal hassles of customs etc and what is to done abt it ......

thanks

You can send me anytime.

But let me know how much capacity hdd and ram and which type of ram you want to buy. let me know if you want any specific brands.

I would need 2x2gb DDR2 for desktop its usually around 20$-25$ or so after discounts and rebates. Heard from a friend that there are ways to convert internal HDD to external USB HDD (casing wires etc). That be the case I would want a 1.5 TB seagate internal HDD (120-150 $).

hey be more specific about ram is it pc 5300 or pc2 6400 or pc 3200 check your compatible memory info by scanning from crucial.com, it will scan your system and specify compatiable ram. Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Drive

(Serial ATA-300, 7,200 RPM, 32MB - MPN: ST31500341AS) is 7650($153) .

hi guys !!

I had earlier imported 3 handsets from China thru Fedex, there is no custom hassels if u r willing to pay the import duty. The courier guys pay duty on your behalf based on the airways bill given by the seller and recovers thye same at the time of delivery. So your rate of duty depends on the item u import and the rate mentioned on the airways bill. There is a chance of scrutiny only in case of bulk imports small packets get passed easily.

Raju

Then I guess DHL would be the better option as I don't think USPS would handle the duty part.

For those who want to know the pricing, etc. you can check and order from websites like www.buy.com , www.bestbuy.com , etc. Thanksgiving day offers will be there from Thursday afternoon (Indian time).

Usually the best deals are on the day after TG. i.e. Friday also known as Black Friday. This is the day when shopping for Christmas officially kicks in.

Here are some places that consolidate the deals info.

www.blackfriday.info

www.bfads.net

www.theblackfriday.com

Note, several offers are available early bird and/or in store only. So read the '*' carefully.

Then I guess DHL would be the better option as I don't think USPS would handle the duty part.

For those who want to know the pricing, etc. you can check and order from websites like www.buy.com , www.bestbuy.com , etc. Thanksgiving day offers will be there from Thursday afternoon (Indian time).

dont think we can order. They would bill only credit cards issued in USA

hi guys !!

I had earlier imported 3 handsets from China thru Fedex, there is no custom hassels if u r willing to pay the import duty. The courier guys pay duty on your behalf based on the airways bill given by the seller and recovers thye same at the time of delivery. So your rate of duty depends on the item u import and the rate mentioned on the airways bill. There is a chance of scrutiny only in case of bulk imports small packets get passed easily.

Raju

what are the import duty charges?suppose lets assume we are buyin an mobile worth 8K,so what might be the import duty on this? Ie what's percentage of import duty charge?

dont think we can order. They would bill only credit cards issued in USA

PayPal should work as it is an option shown there. I've used PayPal (Indian A/C) to order items from eBay USA before.

hi guys !!

Raju

what are the import duty charges?suppose lets assume we are buyin an mobile worth 8K,so what might be the import duty on this? Ie what's percentage of import duty charge?

It would vary I think. I was once charged around Rs.400 for an item worth around Rs.3000

import duties is around 15-20% of the cost of item......but not quite sure.

Hi Prawin,

I am interested in HTC Diamond (CDMA) if it will work on Reliance network. Can you tell me how much it'll cost. I am in Mumbai.

I am not sure if htc diamond and touch diamond pro works in reliance, as i am not in India to test but hetal,sadik and other experts in rimweb can advice you about this.

i will find the price for touch diamond and touch diamond pro and let you know.

me too is interested in pro or diamond depending on the pricing.

await ur pricing :)

You can send me anytime.

hey be more specific about ram is it pc 5300 or pc2 6400 or pc 3200 check your compatible memory info by scanning from crucial.com, it will scan your system and specify compatiable ram. Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Drive

That is what is suppported by my motherboard

Dual channel DDR2 1066(OC)/800/667

2 x DIMM, Max. 4 GB, DDR2 1066*/800/667 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

Dual Channel memory architecture

what all do i require to run a 4gb ram

I have read that a 32 bit OS would read the ram as 3 gb only.

What else would be the requirements for running 4 gb ram on Core2Duo E4600 besides a 64 bit OS?

Hi !!

Import duty for handset is nil, but there is 20% CVD (Counterveiling Duty equivalent of Excise duty)+ another 4% Spl addl duty (not sure of this) but works out 20-24% approx.

raju

^^^

It doesn't matter, whatever may be the import duty my dear friends. Ordering through Prawin could be really beneficial for those who want latest handsets which are introduced in USA but not in India.

Regards.

the memory you requested will cost you $59=2950 and here is the link for the memory (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227267&CMP=AFC-C8Junction)

You can send me anytime.

That is what is suppported by my motherboard

Dual channel DDR2 1066(OC)/800/667

2 x DIMM, Max. 4 GB, DDR2 1066*/800/667 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

Dual Channel memory architecture

Nobody have still faced what Custom guy does with you Parcel Ask Sadik or Me We have lost so many handsets to them.

So anybody one on one Importer can not afford to do this. Sadik can afford as he have 10 to 20 handset one lose can be make over by other handsets profit what about a layman Planning to Import only one Handset from USA. and got stuck or Content is Missing and you find only Indian / American Magazine magazine in that.

Think before you start this Things

Look at my Parcel is have 2 Handset in Parcel and both is Missing (This was from DHL you know)

http://www.dhl.co.in/publish/in/en/eshippi...;type=fasttrack

Now Taking Help of Sadik and Sadik is managing all Legal things and Disputes with help of his Agents there. And Still not sue what will be the outcome

I had my delivery of hanset in usa itself and was lost. I was lucky get it back. someone else had taken the delivery. take care guys. I guess if there are many for order than get it in bulk. would be better to clear.

the memory you requested will cost you $59=2950 and here is the link for the memory (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227267&CMP=AFC-C8Junction)

I hope we can find better deals. I had ordered a similar one last month for approx 30$ but due to some billing address problems it could not be completed

and how about the mail in rebate?

Look at my Parcel is have 2 Handset in Parcel and both is Missing (This was from DHL you know)

http://www.myus.com/php/track/dhl.php?awb=9174550405

http://www.dhl.co.in/publish/in/en/eshippi...;type=fasttrack

This will give better idea :D

Its look very Easy to Import using DHL or other Courier Still it have Problem

and Never ever Get any Expensive stuff from USPS / Indian Post / Hong Post (Means from any Government Based Shipping) You are going to loose 50% of shipping or Problem in shipping

I hope we can find better deals. I had ordered a similar one last month for approx 30$ but due to some billing address problems it could not be completed

and how about the mail in rebate?

I found another link with less price here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16820227269&Tpk=N82E16820227269) +3.99 shipping to my zip 19713

yeah the mail in rebate takes time frame of 3-4 months and some times we may not get the mail rebate

Edited by prawin