Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
savramesh

Reliance Gsm Coverage

i am planning to buy a new Reliance Gsm POSTPAID connection

so just wanted to know hws the network in Vivek Vihar , Delhi

Airtel is always good in Delhi and then Vodafone. RGSM is one the worst network. RGSM USP is pricing. Opt for it if economics is the ONLY criteria.

Reliance Gsm is very patchy. I used it couple of years back and the network was not good. Meanwhile, I have seen two of my colleagues struggling with network. One is soon going to switch to Vodafone. Don't have idea about the other one to which network he latched to. Airtel and Vodafone are good in Delhi. I have used both as corporate connections. Personally, liked Vodafone because of their tariff plans and network coverage. Not sure which network is best in East Delhi. But I think Vodafone should be better. you can check their website for network coverage of your area or ask your neighbors.

Reliance Gsm is very patchy. I used it couple of years back and the network was not good. Meanwhile, I have seen two of my colleagues struggling with network. One is soon going to switch to Vodafone. Don't have idea about the other one to which network he latched to. Airtel and Vodafone are good in Delhi. I have used both as corporate connections. Personally, liked Vodafone because of their tariff plans and network coverage. Not sure which network is best in East Delhi. But I think Vodafone should be better. you can check their website for network coverage of your area or ask your neighbors.

I used Reliance GSM last year in Delhi and was thoroughly disappointed by it's network. It went into Roaming mode every now and then; in my kitchen it would show me roaming 90% of the time. The voice quality was very poor.

Recently, one of my colleague MNPed his TATA CDMA postpaid number to Reliance GSM in Gurgaon and the result was again huge disappointment as the voice quality doesn't seem to have improved yet. My colleague is now majorly using it for data requirements and Vodafone for voice calls.

^^^ That roaming sign you get is 'intracircle roaming' due to their ICR pact with several operators across India. That's not gonna bill you extra for voice/data either in prepaid or postpaid 2G/3G.

I've therefore, manually shifted to their ICR partner Aircel In Bangalore & which is the only reason why my RGSM network is OK. Btw, Rcdma was the best network I've experienced for last 10 yrs but impractical for over-dependent noobs like me, in this smartphone era! When established companies like ZTE struggle with Honor Holly 2, who are we?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Edited by ACS

^^^ That roaming sign you get is 'intracircle roaming' due to their ICR pact with several operators across India. That's not gonna bill you extra for voice/data either in prepaid or postpaid 2G/3G.

I've therefore, manually shifted to their ICR partner Aircel In Bangalore & which is the only reason why my RGSM network is OK. Btw, Rcdma was the best network I've experienced for last 10 yrs but impractical for over-dependent noobs like me, in this smartphone era! When established companies like ZTE struggle with Honor Holly 2, who are we?

Huawei owns Honor Holly 2 and not ZTE

• Like 1

^^^ Correct! same thing