Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Reliance Communications Merges Gsm, Cdma Services

Business Standard

Bhubaneswar January 26, 2009, 0:01 IST

Reliance Communications (RCom) has integrated its GSM and CDMA mobile services in its Orissa circle. The twin services will now be offered to the subscribers of the state under a single platform called Reliance Mobile.

The operational merger of the two services will enable the telecom service provider to achieve effective utilisation of its resources, leverage the strengths of the two services and also result in better coordination among its retail channel partners.

“To provide easy and better services to its subscribers in Orissa, Reliance Communications has integrated its GSM and CDMA mobile services in the state. The integration will enable us to have a better coordination among our retail channel partners and also help bring commendable growth in the company’s business”, Aman Roychowdhury, business head (CDMA and GSM services), Reliance Communications (Orissa circle) said in a signed letter to the company’s retail channel partners. Following the integration, all the employees as well as the retail channel partners will come under a single fold called Reliance Mobile and there will be a single marketing department to cater to GSM and CDMA services.

It may be noted that Reliance Communications offers its GSM services under “Smart” brand. In its Orissa circle, Reliance Communications has a subscriber base of over 19 lakh (as on December 31, 2008) which includes 7,29,612 CDMA customers and around 12 lakh GSM customers.

a small step, soon to be rolled out in full of India..!! Good for all..!!

What is the fate of overlapping employees?????????

how is it going to affect the consumers or us CDMA consumers in particular?

how is it going to affect the consumers or us CDMA consumers in particular?

It will only help us. We would be able to change to GSM using the same number shortly. Lets hope that happens soon

when both the services are merged and once reliance bring down its expenses then they will try to offer low cost tariff and packages.. in some way we will be benefited..

Good news indeed!i have missed the news.now both cdma and gsm will be treated as on net.

Not yet Situ bhai, I have already complained regarding the same. First the CC lady denies to take my complain & then she transferred the call to her Team Leader who accepts it & gave me the service request no. And I request to u also to do this.

Not only Situ Bhai, everyone who is reading it, I request all of u to complain to RCom regarding the same. And plz do it as soon as possible. And plz remember to mention that CDMA nos are treated as onnet for GSM customers whereas for CDMA, GSM was still offnet till 26th, don't know the present status. (only in ORISSA, not aware of other states.)

Edited by Asit