Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sanjay0501

Bb8830 Official 4.5 Os By Bell Mobility

Definitely works with reliance CDMA as well as GSm. Tried myself. The problem: battery life reduces significantly.

@nawalsingal Surprisingly i found 4.5 to be having a good battery life. BB specs says a battery life of 220 minutes and I am regularly testing it to be a around 210 mins. Yes there is a prob with memory drain it goes from 17M to 14M very fast, with all the apps closed.

@muffadalkm The ringer in4.5.127 is slower than that in 4.5.101. and I have one of the loudest ringer, u remember the old Nokia DoMiSo, still I find it difficult to listen if i am in another room in the house or office.

Hi Guys

Pl tell me what is the final word on 4.5OS. Does it work well with 8830?

I need a stable OS 4.5 just like 4.2. So pl let me know.

Thanks

Hi Guys

Pl tell me what is the final word on 4.5OS. Does it work well with 8830?

I need a stable OS 4.5 just like 4.2. So pl let me know.

Thanks

Hi Asheet

Mixed reactions to 4.5. My experience after installing 3 times:

a. Bad ones: :Equivocado:

1. Battery drained very fast. 2. Sound clarity reduced. 3. display showed hazy icons.

b. Good ones: :GirandoOjos:

1. Docs to go 2. Supports 8 gb Mem Card 3. Voice recorder included, though didn't try for call recording.

To top it all, no stability issues. but i'm back to 4.2, :rofl_200:

definitely due to BATTERY :NOTriste:

@nawalsingal Surprisingly i found 4.5 to be having a good battery life. BB specs says a battery life of 220 minutes and I am regularly testing it to be a around 210 mins. Yes there is a prob with memory drain it goes from 17M to 14M very fast, with all the apps closed.

@muffadalkm The ringer in4.5.127 is slower than that in 4.5.101. and I have one of the loudest ringer, u remember the old Nokia DoMiSo, still I find it difficult to listen if i am in another room in the house or office.

you can enble auto memory cleaning for that. Should do the trick. <_< But for me, battery drain s****s. :Equivocado:

Cons:

OS reminds me old DOS type software (I think Storm is good OS but still have slow Java Based Stack and Slowness)

Menus, Setting, Profiles are Complicated to Set.

Only 200 Mhz Processor and no Real Multitasking Comparted to Windows, Android

Graphics is Very Very poor

Boot speed is hell slow

Screen is very small for Emails

EMail with Flash (Forget it) this is more Textual EMaling then Full Fleged Emailing from Iphone or G1

Enterprise Service is lot lot expensive compraed to Apple iPhone or G1, I think Microsoft Exchange is better then Black Berry Enterprise Servie on BB

Pros:

Enterprise Service

Keyborad, Keyboard, Keyboard

Voice Quality and to some Extende Battery life

Overall Weight is quite managable.

Another 4.5 for BB 8830 launched by RIM, this time for Sprint. The file can be downloaded from

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry....EBB765225CE8C0E

The details are

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.201 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.201

Consisting of:

Applications: 4.5.0.135

Software Platform: 3.4.0.28

File name: 8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel201_PL3.4.0.28_A4.5.0.135_Sp rint.exe

File size: 82.14MB

Mr Sanjay this time u r ahead with this news.

Take a bow :)

Mr Sanjay this time u r ahead with this news.

Take a bow :)

:signthankspin::signthankspin:

:Contento::Contento::Contento:

Blackberry 8830 OS Version 4.5 is out for reliance.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry....E6775D4D60496DA

and select 8830 it wil give u option to DL the installer.

Mr Sanjay peechhe reh gaye as usual :D

I am downloading it for testing, small review can be expected by tomorrow.

Blackberry 8830 OS Version 4.5 is out for reliance.

Mr Sanjay peechhe reh gaye as usual :D

Sir aapke peechhe rehna bhi toh bahut badi baat hai, at least aapne is nacheez ko kisi kabil toh samjha :signthankspin:

Waiting for ur small but detailed review, will dload after ur approval. Also pls check if the incall timer is avlbl cos in sprint 135 it is not.

@sadikbhai

I think this file is the same as the one for 4.5.127 of Bell Mobility, at least the size is the same and based on the fact that RIM provides the same unbranded OS to all the service providers. Please see if u can confirm after downloading and comparing the files.

I instaleld 8830 OS4.5 of Sprint on my 8830 Sprint. It has been a week now.

1.I foudn memory leak to be a big issue. Even if the BB is lying idle, memory keeps decreasing.

2. If u change theme, u get default icons even if u had moved them into folders etc.

3. My TCP in GSM (MTNL) has stopped working in OS 4.5.

I tried to revert to OS 4.2 but still TCP is not working. However my GSM SIM is working in Samsung etc for GPRS. So it is something to do wityh my BB

Pl let em knowif u also have similar issues???

@ gurus

I have downloaded

8830AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel177_PL3.4.0.20_A4.5.0.127_Reliance.exe BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.177 (Multilanguage)

from BB site - i connected my device 8830 WE started desktop -- installed 4.5

but my device shows 4.2 only in options - advanced settings

i have missed something Guide please

@ gurus

I have downloaded

8830AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel177_PL3.4.0.20_A4.5.0.127_Reliance.exe BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.177 (Multilanguage)

from BB site - i connected my device 8830 WE started desktop -- installed 4.5

but my device shows 4.2 only in options - advanced settings

i have missed something Guide please

Hi Folks,

can you share the experience of the sw upgrade A4.5.0.127

any issues in performance?

particularly in battery life.

Currently my 8830 has 4.2.2.164, shall i upgrade to 4.5.0.127 please suggest

^

depends on which companies handset you are using. We are using Sprint handset and I have upgraded using this file 8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel201_PL3.4.0.28_A4.5.0.135_Sprint.exe from Blackberry site for Sprint phone. If you are using some network phone (like Reliance), use the relevant software related to that phone only from Blackberry Site.

No problems in this update... except some people have complained when using with browser...

Thanks dkaile. I'm using reliance blackberry

4.5 has some connectivity issue ...

though i have nuked device and m back to 4.2

I had installed 4.5 OS on my BB8830 which I got from Sadik,

After upgrading to 4.5OS, I couldn't latch to my GSM Network, SOS was showing in Network Signals at extreme corner,

and its heavy also.

Reverted back to 4.2.176 Immediately, It is much faster and better.

And I have also listened that there are some Dormancy issue in GPRS-Edge Connectivity in OS4.5.

^

No such issues faced by me while on OS 4.5 to latch onto GSM Network.... tried both 4.2 and 4.5; 4.5. is more pleasing to eye....

Download Reliance rom (for only Reliance phones; dont try on sprint) from here - http://www.reliancemobile.com/blackberry/html/download.htm

or here - https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=2417DC8AF8570F274E6775D4D60496DA

For Desktop Software go here - https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

For Sprint roms go here - https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=FC3CF452D3DA8402BEBB765225CE8C0E

u can try reliance roms on sprint

even if u get locked in gsm just us mfi tool to unlock and then reload os

Loaded reliance 4.5 from blackberry site on to my 8830 WE, No issues in connectivity.

Hi

I intalled Sprint 8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel201_PL3.4.0.28_A4.5.0.135_Sprint. I had the same problem.

My GSM stopped working. However I foudn that MTNL - 800Mhz band works but 1800band - Idea/AIrcel don;t work.

I even called Aircel guy to my home to chk signal strength & found everything fine but 8830 shows SOS.

However I wa surprised to see that Aircel worked at Aircel office at MIDC. Then I compared signal strength & found that my flat had strength of -69dbm whiel at Aircel office, it was -45dbm. Also MTNL tower is right opposite my flat so I get full power :)

So I can say that 4.5upgrade has less signal gain for GSM radios :)

ANy solution using QXDM???

I had installed 4.5 OS on my BB8830 which I got from Sadik,

After upgrading to 4.5OS, I couldn't latch to my GSM Network, SOS was showing in Network Signals at extreme corner,

and its heavy also.

Reverted back to 4.2.176 Immediately, It is much faster and better.

And I have also listened that there are some Dormancy issue in GPRS-Edge Connectivity in OS4.5.

Boss... I think I have cracked this mystry as to why GSM doesn't work when u upgrade to 4.5

It is IT polciy. When u upgrade to 4.5, IT polciy is isntalled by default which disables GSM :)

SO do as below :

best method for removing IT policy is to update it to OS 4.5 and you can use JL_Cmder's "resettofactory" command to remove ALL IT policy, Firewall restrictions and Application Permission settings. After you've upgraded to OS 4.5, simply backup the device using Desktop Manager, close Desktop Manager, then run JL_Cmder and execute the "resettofactory" command. The device will wipe, then reboot leaving the OS, 3rd party apps but no data AND, best of all, NO IT policy whatsoever. When you're done, simply restore your backup and you're good to go with no policy or locked firewall. You can downgrade back to the old OS if you desire, too.

Now my GSM is working in 8830 with OS 4.5

Cheers!!!!