Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chirag

Send email to anyone thru MMS

Has anyone tried this??

It works real perfect! What i did was, in the place of typing the "Send to" field, i keyed in my email address and attached a picture and also a ringtone as an audio to the MMS and sent it. It reached my mailbox in just a few mins!!

The sender's email address was shown as (my RIM no. w/STD code)@mms.ricmail.com !!

The text i typed in and the image i attached showed up perfectly in the mail. Also the audio was attached as a file in the email but even after dling it, i couldn't play it in Winamp or WMP. Didn't gather y tht .mid file which was 22 secs long didn't really play! Anyways, jus the text and the image did fine for me ! ;)

I tried replying to tht email address, but i haven't still got it as a MMS yet. Once i know more on this, i'll keep u guys posted...

Let me know ur experiences on this too...

I hope MMS is still free and remains free! :P

hey i have also tried this before

but i dont think they provide mms back to phone through email because i had send many a month ago... :P i dint get any till now...

But in their site they say that in future u will be able to send mms from internet from this link

http://mms.relianceinfo.com/

Now if u visit rworld.relianceinfo.com u can get more info on this...

Hope this helped u :grin:;)

Sure it did help Ashok! Thnx man!!

I didn't get any replies either ;) anyways, just able to send a mail from my mobile to anyone is quite some fun!!

our entry into the local intranet

local intranet! what way?? couldn't get wht u meant here..

Local Intranet means company's own networks. Excess to that is exclusive to reliance employs and partners. so without any password get in Intranet accress...! (I don't think so)

I checked your this site is for RIM users not the local intranet as u think.. :D

hey its the same one available as http://rworld.relianceinfo.com/

Actually this subdomain is reserved for the future mms service :D

Taken from Mms Faqs

All this sounds interesting. But where can I try it?

Presently the portal service is not available for MMS Service. In future, you can try an MMS service at www.mms.relianceinfo.com.

Should read this one too....

Can I receive messages from my friends who are not with Reliance?

No. Currently you can only receive messages on the Reliance handset that have been sent from Reliance MMS phone. Once the inter-operability agreements are signed with other operators, we will be able to exchange MMS messages seamlessly. In future, you will be able to send MMS from your Reliance MMS phone to any mobile phone on any other mobile network in future and your friend will receive a text message guiding them to our website www.mms.relianceinfo.com to view your message online.

And above all, the word "alliance" we were using at the yahoo msger thread should be actually "inter-operability agreements" !! Found the right word !! :D

hmmm let me put it right i can attach a audio but cant listen to it

I am having lg 2030

when i compose mms in my handset...

Before sending the message, under the options i have "preview"

where i can preview the audio attachment along with the whole message.. before sending

I think you might also have the same option B)

None of us was able receive mms/sms from email... Except sumit123 who claims to have send sms from email successfully.... B)Read this post

hello people,

First of all Hi to all you guys. Just registered, came across this site.Amazing stuff here man!Okay now down to business. :rolleyes:

In the MMS menu of Rworld, you can send MMS to email addresses and the mail appears on the PC as 'yournumber'@mms.ricmail.com. I just tried this, sent a midi audio from options menu in MMS and a photograph.Received perfectly on Outlook Express. Tried replying to that message and attaching an image to it, but havent received that message yet

PS:- Reliance says on the site that to and fro MMS is possible from phone to email addresses.

Any ideas guys?!

No you wont be able to receive the email as mms, in your RIM :rolleyes:

Does it works anyways? It would be better, if i am able to send emails from my handset.

Does it works anyways? It would be better, if i am able to send emails from my handset.

Yeh you can send an mms to email

But you cannot have an email send to RIM as mms ^_^

hmm guys i have a nokia handset there is an option for sending the sms to any email address i have tried it several time but never seem to work

also as far as that mms thing goes can u tell me cant i attach a audio withn my message....hmmm let me put it right i can attach a audio but cant listen to it ...wierd haan...

Can nokia users send mms to Lg and samsung ppl

do answer bye...

Well I think the ringtones ur trying to attach are not compatible with Nokia phones there are diff ringtones in R world for Nokia I suppose

I dont think Reliance supports MMS to other operators now...

It might be there in the future

It isnt that no operator can provide mms to other networks..

Its just that they need to do the requirements in s/w and also sign

terms with the other operator :clap:

Hello Guys,

This is one silly doubt..... I would like to know what MMS is? I mean whats the concept....? How do we send mms through 2030..... etc. can anybody help?

MMS - Multimedia Messaging

It is used to send messages which contains text, images and audio

No its just that you choose the content from their server..

In future you will be able to receive mms from Internet :P

Hey,

Bored.. My CAM phone can mms photo taken from my phone...

In future you will be able to receive mms from Internet :P

And also from other GSM operators! Its all in the pipeline!

"Phone to Phone & Phone to Email

MMS technology offers more than just broadening of message content. With MMS it is not only possible to send your multimedia messages from one phone to another, but also from phone to email, and vice versa. This feature dramatically increases the possibilities of mobile communication both for private and commercial use. "

It is the extracts from Relinace web site about their MMS service. Have any one used the service who was able to get a message from Email to your phone?? If so pls discuss the issue here. I was never able to receive Email to MMS. But MMS to email worked fine.

reliance should be expanding its facilities further...

they should be allowing recorded voices to be sent as mms and also allow pics to be uploaded into the phone using a data cable.

the tones provided are awful!

the pics in r world are not bad, but nothing beats personalization!