Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
savramesh

Mts Lifetime Sim @ 49

today went to trivandrum. quite happy with the MTS network. almost everywhere i found coverage, can say seamless network on highways.. i was able to make and receive calls on roaming.. they have done a good job on their first phase of tower installations....

MTS 50 rupees refill gives 45.33 talktime..

4 days back i mailed MTS cc asking for wap settings, since there was no response from them, yesterday i mailed to nodal officer.. till now no reply from anyone.. i think these postions are vacant !! :) will try appellate next..

Edited by savramesh

^^^

The true colours seems to be showing already....

ha ha

^^^

when i called CC they said WAP services are not yet ready for use.

whats the official site of MTS....

anybody....

Does it works with 6275

atlast got the reply after 6 days

-------------------------

Dear Ramesh Amala Srinivsasn,

I take immense pleasure in welcoming you to MTS India. Currently we are not providing wap facility on our mobile.

Once we introduce this facility we will definitely let you know through proper media channels.

For futher assistance please contact 9150155155 (from non- MTS number) or 155 from MTS mobile number.

Regards

MTS Customer Care

^^

with literally no customers 6 days time for reply on an issue which dont bothesr the targeted customers(mts ceo said in media many a times that he wants more customers with less ARPUs) is too long a period..apart from that from the statements of ceo and the ad campaign(only local language no english at all ,even in english papers) it appears that MTS is targeting only the numbers and they may be least bothered about things like WAP

Their initial plan is just to get numbers. So customers who r just cost conscious can go for this.

Customers expecting the best, VAS, extra should wait before taking a decision.

It is apparent that all CDMA operators - RCOM, TATA, MTS are hell bent on getting numbers only and not providing quality services. It is extremely sad that RCOM despite having the best network both voice wise and data wise is killing customers with their stupidly planned charges for data usage. All other operators like Aircel, Voda, Airtel depsite having crawling speeds advertise widely about their data services and how. Case in point is Aircel - getting Dhoni to endorse their GPRS services.

Sadikk bhai,

what about ur view on Russian MTS ??

for some unknown reason i love MTS.. love at first sight.. infatuation :)

may be because MTS working on my nokia 6265..

MTS wallpaper attached

post-25387-1239208859_thumb.jpg

Edited by savramesh

since there is no improvement in indoor coverage after a week, i called cc again and she took a new complaint.. immediately after ending the call they send me an sms with complaint # APR 1052 and last week my complaint # was APR 111, see the difference in #s.. lets see what happens next !! i clearly told her that i am not using the connection due to poor indoor coverage...

interview with MTS india chief

http://www.livemint.com/2009/04/10000525/A...s-can8217t.html

Telecom firm Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd created something of a flutter in Chennai some weeks ago when it launched a scheme that offered one million minutes calling time with a Rs499 prepaid lifetime card. The surprise element waned when customers realized that the minutes could be used only on calls on the Sistema (branded MTS) network and calls to other networks would be charged.

Even so, says the Indian phone firm’s chief executive, Vsevolod Rozanov, who was earlier vice-president and chief financial officer of Russian cellular services company MTS, such schemes can bring in customers and keep them with a service provider if the users’ needs are taken care of and the distribution pipeline of the firm works in sync. Edited excerpts from an interview:

On Sistema’s strategy in new markets such as Tamil Nadu and Kerala:

It’s tough to invent something totally new. It’s more about execution. Basically, everyone knows what to do, and the question is whether you have a team in place. It becomes about how well you are able to execute what you know and how to do. And there is definitely a lot of experience transfer from our partners in Moscow (MTS), specifically for marketing and branding.

Otherwise, distribution is the key, creating awareness in terms of the brand and making sure that the product is available.

On what differentiates Sistema:

It is the offer (of one million minutes calling plan). This is a very good offer and one of the reasons that we expect to go above expectations. Being a greenfield player, there is a necessity to give an offer like this.

On how sticky the offer will be with customers:

Our overall market research shows that a lot of subscribers never change their operators...around 50% customers never change their operator in their life in almost all geographic and cultural regions of India. So, if you are able to attract the subscriber, then there is a very good chance that if the subscriber stays for a few years, he will stay for a longer time.

Arpus (average revenue per user) in Rajasthan, where we have more or less the same offer, are growing every month, which is extremely important. When a customer takes our connection, he or she is mostly interested in this on-net offer. And as they use the connection more and more, they start to make off-net calls and they start to receive more incoming calls. Which generates additional revenue.

Also, additions are growing by around 10% or 15% per month. From 60,000 additions a month, we are now adding around 80,000 a month.

On Arpu numbers:

It is well below the industry average, but what you should look into is the incremental industry average. Industry average is for subscribers that have been there since the beginning of the industry—more than seven years. (Incremental Arpu) is around Rs150. Our Arpus are not above this but around this. Not very different.

On funding, break-even:

That depends on the speed of launch. If we launch everything within one year, then we can be cash-positive in the next three-and-half years. At this stage, it is tough to forecast as we expect up to five players to appear soon. That might significantly deteriorate the margins and business fundamentals for the whole industry. If a bloodbath starts, then it can get even further delayed.

At this stage, we are being financed as per plan—basically from equity and loans. We have loans from Russian and Indian banks...(later) we may need to increase our debt.

On listing:

We will see how the international capital markets behave. Sooner or later, we will use this as a source of funding as well. At this stage, I cannot say anything with certainty. We will definitely do a listing, but definitely not this year and not in the first half of next year. At this stage, we see that the debt market in India is open. So, in terms of financing, I would not say that listing is critical for our success of our business.

On roll-out plan:

We are already present in Chennai. We will be present in Kolkata in the second quarter (April-June). In Delhi and Mumbai, we will be present by the end of the year. Besides these, we will be present in some other (telecom) circles also. To be on the safe side, we should be in minimum six or eight more circles by the end of this calendar year.

The rest of the circles within the first two or three quarters of the (next) calendar year.

On network technology:

We do not believe there is that much of a difference between GSM (global system for mobile communications) and CDMA (code division multiple access). Customers using CDMA technology are approximately one quarter of all. Given the size of the Indian market, this is not small at all.

We have been looking into whether we should wait until we are fully ready with CDMA data offerings or we should start building our customer base and deliver our data offers a bit later. We decided to go in for the second option. We will be coming out with the data offering closer to the end of May or June.

We have been looking into whether we should wait until we are fully ready with CDMA data offerings or we should start building our customer base and deliver our data offers a bit later. We decided to go in for the second option. We will be coming out with the data offering closer to the end of May or June.

finally my query about MTS wap services is well answered by its CHIEF :)

let us know when service will be avaulable in maharashtra?

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090410/jsp/...ry_10802190.jsp

another report says

MTS has reached total customer base of 0.5million including 3 circle

out of which rajasthan hold 4.98laks cutomers(http://auspi.in/show-subscribber.asp)

that means TN and kerala able to grab around 1000cutomer in just 3 days?

wow great achivement on CDMA network

the above link says an important report

--

Sistema Shyam — a joint venture between Sistema Group of Russia and Calcutta-based Shyam Group — is the only company to roll out services in the first year of getting a licence.

Datacom (owned by the Dhoots of Videocon and Mahendra Nahata of Himachal Futuristics), Swan Telecom, Loop Telecom (a subsidiary of Loop Mobile, formerly known as BPL Mobile Communications), S Tel, Unitech Wireless and Shyam Telelink were given licences in January 2008 for pan-India services.

None of the other new entrants has commenced operations. The department of telecom has threatened action against them if they do not roll out services by the middle of the year.

--

Does this mean they should strictly rollout services or they can cancel the lisence ?

Edited by savramesh

^^^

It really means nothing....DOT will keep extending the deadlines... All under the table business will be done and deadlines extended forever....

got call from mts cc regarding my indoor coverage problem.. he said the present tower is 5+ km away from my house and thats the reason for poor quality.. also the second phase of tower installation and integration is still under process.

i can expect good coverage in the near future.. their deadline to make a pakka network is next month, so mine will be solved any time before that.

the above link says an important report

--

Sistema Shyam — a joint venture between Sistema Group of Russia and Calcutta-based Shyam Group — is the only company to roll out services in the first year of getting a licence.

Datacom (owned by the Dhoots of Videocon and Mahendra Nahata of Himachal Futuristics), Swan Telecom, Loop Telecom (a subsidiary of Loop Mobile, formerly known as BPL Mobile Communications), S Tel, Unitech Wireless and Shyam Telelink were given licences in January 2008 for pan-India services.

None of the other new entrants has commenced operations. The department of telecom has threatened action against them if they do not roll out services by the middle of the year.

--

Does this mean they should strictly rollout services or they can cancel the lisence ?

simply pay fine of RsXXXXX and get new deadline

MTS activated missed call alert today, its free of cost..

just now a guy came from MTS for address verification. he filled a verification form and took my signature..

just now a guy came from MTS for address verification. he filled a verification form and took my signature..

why so late, anyway better than NEVER.

Ramesh, has the indoor coverage issue been resolved?

Edited by vvinayakpai

^^^

no improvement, i stopped using it...

i have stopped using long back, used for first two weeks only, network fluctuation is very high. some times it shows 5 bars then suddenly it came down to only one bar some times "no service"