Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pasumark

Airtel Doesnot Want Post-paid Connections

Funny thing in India. I asked for 2 new Airtel post-paid connections (I already have 15 connections - 4 in my company name and 11 in self paid) and got the reply that post-paid connections are not available in my town Virudhunagar (Which is head quarters of a district). The reason quoted by the customer service manager is that they are not able to service my town and like this many areas are marked in Tamilnadu (Thanjavor) and in these places you can only get a pre-paid Airtel connection.

Existing post-paid customers have the choice to convert to pre-paid without any charge or stay without any service( Since no dealer)

When I insisted that I need 2 more post-paid connections or I would have to cancel all my connections, the customer service manager said he could not do anything since it was a policy decision of Airtel. It seems they are not interested in post-paid and not interested to give CUG.

Really I am clueless on what to do. I need 2 more connections to add to my group

shoot a mail to customer care .... or nodal officer

Very interesting ... coz here in mumbai they're pitching in all the more for postpaids :D !

Ganesan,

I think that you did not talk to the right person.

In this competetive market Customers are the king.

Do as supernova say..shoot mails to all the known emaild ids which might be helpful.

I too had almost similar experience from Airtel. I am using postpaid and my monthly bill is not too high but still far more than ARPU (Rs. 400 around) to about Rs. 1000 to 1200 PM.

I was offered free, instant conversion of my connection to prepaid. When I protested saying how can you make such offer without me requesting it? If you want I stop using your services as I have enough brain to choose my service, then they stopped calling me for such offers. I posted same here too long back.

Wow!!!!!!

Very interesting to note that Airtel is forcing its customers to migrate to prepaid. Seems they are facing some severe cash crunch!!! Or is it some other issue?

When will RCOM get this !dea????

Wow!!!!!!

Very interesting to note that Airtel is forcing its customers to migrate to prepaid. Seems they are facing some severe cash crunch!!! Or is it some other issue?

When will RCOM get this !dea????

Come september and then we will see - who troubles whom? Let the number portability come. :Contento:

If not airtel and Rcom - then Tata or may be some new operator.

I have sent mails to Nodal officer and customer care, explaining this bizarre situation.

But I feel very hurt by the attitude of Airtel. This is like using you as a ladder and then kicking you of. Since Airtel is in No.1 position now, they feel they can do anything. This is bad thinking.

See I am using this Airtel no. for more than 5 years. Without number portability, I am not able to leave Airtel and I am not able to continue in Airtel because of their attitude.

Waiting for the tide to change my way....

i fully agree with AIRTEL,

as 90% of total indian mobile user are prepaid, airtel have 93%.

marginally postpaid dosn't afect total revenue with just 50% more ARPU than prepaid. means prepaid arpu is appox 185, and postpaid is appox 325

so calculate 93% subsiber giving Rs185 and 7% gives 325.

apart frm tht postpaid expect high service level, like 15days margin for bill payment, chq drop box near to doorstep, also CUG

and above that if paid in csh dealer need more margin 8-9% that prepaid recharge voucher of just 2-3%.

Also their is chance of new customer for defualting in bills.

So post will continue only on those aeas where their is profitable margin/metro and tier I cities only

@Pasumark

Buddy same is the case with all other operators too..

These days, guys at telcos are becoming idiots :P

I would repeat what lostjournal said:

Come september and then we will see - who troubles whom? Let the number portability come

^^^

this is the belief exploited by all operators. I too used reliance for about 4.5 years and switched to Airtel.

With life time free incoming and call forwarding 2 months are enough for smooth switch over.

Both the customer care and Nodal officer have expressed their inability to give new post paid connections in my town. The reason said by them is

"We are unable to accommodate your request on providing the new Airtel mobile connection in the below specified area because the pincode belongs to non-serviceable area."

Funny world :banned2:

The only advantage of postpaid is that the operator knows that the customer is gonna be around the next month too ... and taht there's a fixed commitment promised each month.

btw ganeshan : why dont you show the existing airtel connections you have - as proof that they are very well able to service your area.

btw ganeshan : why dont you show the existing airtel connections you have - as proof that they are very well able to service your area.

Ya I have shown my connections details. There are also many other post-paid connections in our town which was given in the past 7 year period when Airtel had a dealer in our town. Only recently no dealer in our town, so they have marked it as non-serviceable area. I had asked them to just give the connection thats all and no service was required. But Airtel is very adamant and don't want to give any more post-paid connections.

I think, they hate post-paid CUG. They feel CUG is putting so much strain on their already crowded network. In pre-paid, no free minutes even within Airtel. Atleast they charge 10p even if you use booster pack. So they do not want to give any post-paid connection in future