Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ursmv

Battery Life Comparison Between Cdma/gsm

Dear friends,

I just came accross a topic in buy / sell forum in which a member was refering about comparision of battery life between cdma and gsm network which was replyed by moderator sadik..so i just thought it would be better to give a fair clarity on this issue..

There is always discussions going around the world regarding which mobile phone standard is best but to be fair every standard has its own advantage and disadvantage and in times it also depends on the user and his useage the benifits differs.

As for the reason of this topic is concerned tecnically speaking yes GSM gives better battery life than CDMA the reasons and an detailed comparison of various mobile phone standard is given in below link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...phone_standards

And even practically when you enter low network range area the cdma phones eat more battery in network search mode than gsm so in such cases its better to switch off your cdma phones.

I hope this would have helped the forum members get more details and any other informations regarding the above topic can be posted in this thread.

^^^

in my nokia 6265 cdma handset the network search mode is automatic, so as said above it will keep searching network at weak areas and eats battery back up.. a 'manual search mode' is required for cdma, is this technically possible ?

Well, TATA Indicom network provides more battery backup in handsets which also supports Reliance Network. Like Nokias.

thanks for good info senthil,may the newer developments in batterys be helpfull for the cdma users

Edited by ravi_patent

yes , it needs to be get cleared to all cdma users y cdma networks have more battery consumption than 2G networks

Dear Friends,

Yes battery backup differs from operator to operator based on the equipment they use in providing the service.