Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sadikk

Unlimited Net-connect On 1x For 600/-

Don't really think they're honoring this anymore. I'm a premium customer - just got off the call with the customer services. Spoke to a supervisor - who sure as hell did not know what he was doing - and they confirmed that this plan is only for people who have received an SMS from reliance - and not for others. Looking at possibly terminating my numbers and migrating to prepaid going forward.

cheers

karki

Is this available on RGSM network as well ?

& RGSM EDGE speed = 296 kbps & CDMA 1X = 144 kbps.

So which one to go for ? Please advise .. Thanks !

those speeds are theoretical

real lfe speeds are much much different

Ok then which one is better ? Enabling data services on E63 or mogul (GSM/CDMA)

Another Q : With win Mo, can i use google sync to get push mail on my mogul ?

Google website says that, but many ppl have reported problem ?

Also is it good to use on symbian or win mo.

Thanks for your help !

^^^

Its better to use it on mogul, but your phone will be busy while surfing the net. if you are ok with this then go a head.

google sync is very simple and 100% workable, just search on forum all steps and solution are posted

Still no luck. Reliance claims that this can be offered only to customers who have received an SMS from them for this plan!!! The cheek!

The plan name for this Plan is RNCUNLTD_600

This plan is available for New and Existing CDMA RIM (Not Data Card) Postpaid Customers.

If any Postpaid user need this plan, Call 180030005555 and say them to activate

RNCUNLTD_600 Plan,

They shall activate it.....

And the plan is available all over India.

Plan is not applicable on HSD/1x Data Card and FWPs..

Its only for CDMA RIM..

can we do like this

Activate 600 plan then upgrade sim to OMH

And use it in corby, so

We will get unlimited internet at 3.1mbps for RS600 only.

Hope this is not having any FUP

is this plan also available on 1x data card ???

can we do like this

Activate 600 plan then upgrade sim to OMH

And use it in corby, so

We will get unlimited internet at 3.1mbps for RS600 only.

Hope this is not having any FUP

is this possible??

not possible in any case..

FORGET CDMA-1X GO FOR 3G

-------------------------------------------

I have CDMA 1x DataCard, but long time back I got it converted to prepaid and now its totally unused due to new 3G Broadband+ USB Card. The main reason is speed.

The speed of CDMA-1X is as claimed 144 kbits/s which should give around 15 kbyte/s download speed, when signal is good. If signal is not good, its too slow upto 5/10 kbyte/s. You are a dead meat with such a outdated speed these days.

The speed of 3GEVDO-HSD is claimed upto 3mbps which gives around 150 to 200 kbytes/s or more which is amazing.

While comparing both, the speed of CDMA1x is pathetic. Though you get unlimited internet, you practically cannot download large files like 300mb to 700mb which I need to several times in a month for my work.

NOW coming back to this offer. IMHO Rs.600 for unlimited cdma-1x is not a good plan where you may have to waster longer time to browse or download.

I will suggest to go for Rs.3000/- PREPAID plan for 6 months 3G internet connection with 18gb data in 6 month (comes around Rs.500 per month). This plan is amazing coz you can download approximately 3gb per month which is at some extent more than enough for anyone. And yes its not 3gb per month, its 18 gb per 6 month, means you will have to use in whole 6 months. As a prepaid plan if you exhaust your quota you can renew immediately for next 6 months.

BUT THE 3G SPEED WILL BE ALWAYS AMAZING COMPARED TO CDMA-1X. Why anyone would go for such a slow speed these days? Its always better to go for thier upgrade offer where you can convert your CDMA-1x plan with free download plans for few months and then get converted to PREPAID, like I did.

EDIT: To update I am also using GSM EDGE (around 256KBPS) UNLIMITED internet speed with AIRTEL standard SimCard at Rs.98 per month and yes, it can be connected to PC/LAPTOP. Why still pay 600 for CDMA-1x? I use O2 Atom Life with internet sharing feature. Trust me its twice faster with Airtel Mumbai than cdma-1x.

Edited by cmahendra

I think let the 3G come and we will have more choices over plans, hope foreign handsets too get 3G

Who needs this 1x at 600 bucks when u can enjoy EVDO data ????.... :rofl_200:

I think let the 3G come and we will have more choices over plans, hope foreign handsets too get 3G

hi parin

"let 3G come"? Dont you think Broadband+ usb data card come under 3G category? I am confused. Please let me know more what you mean?

And yes in mumbai MTNL have already launched 3G around 6 months back with Trump GSM Cards, called "MTNL 3G JADOO (CLICK)". It can be used on as many as 3G handsets available in the market with no restrictions. Most of the foreign handsets with 3G capability can be used. (click) I tested it on my O2 Atom Life too, and the results are awesome in most areas of Mumbai. I even successfully tested the internet 3G connection on O2 phone with my PC/laptop with breeze, with built-in Internet sharing option in Windows Mobile.

I understand MTNL does not operate in Kolkata, but you still have 3G with broadband+ reliance broadband+ data card.

^^^

what speeds u got with MTNL 3G in mumbai

can u post some speedtest result

i wanna compare

@ Mufaddal, I have MTNL Jaadoo in Delhi, I get 500kbps Download and 200kbps Upload, Then i left using it.

^^^

u know i will never go for it , if speeds are so pathetic

i have read that in mumbai also similar speeds are there

whats the point of 3G at such speeds and crappy services

i would rather enjoy evdo with floor coverage in mumbai and better speeds

:previous:

kyu nahi, ab to "EVDO in ur HANDS"

EVDO is anytime better than HSDPA.

But yes RCom 3G HSUPA @ 14.4mbps gonna rock, if they erected right quantity of 2100Mhz BTS.

^^^

what speeds u got with MTNL 3G in mumbai

can u post some speedtest result

i wanna compare

I am not using it now, its at least 3/4 months back I tested on borrowed Sim card for evaluation, but hey it was really good. I never thought to take screenshots when MTNL was tested. But as per my guessing the speed you get is anything between 300kbps to 1.5mbps and much stable than MTNL 2G (edge). The tarriff is somehow not suiting me, will wait for some more months till 3G is offered by all operators and costs come down.

There is actually a NEXUS between all operators and they together have decided and not launching the 3G plans for our already 3G enabled phones. This is my 4th 3G handset since 2 years but still waiting for all operators to start it so prices come down. Damn you operators, stop minting money on sale of usb data cards.

@Mufaddal

it seems you hate mtnl 3g connection, but I think with any wireless service even from prime operator in India, you will always get variable speed. Speed of wireless internet will always depend on your home interior environment, tower-distance, surrounding building structures, signal reflections on walls and even outdoor weather conditions, etc. Issues abount Wireless services are always discussed and known to most people.

Edited by cmahendra

^^^

i know that speeds can never be consistnet and will fluctuate

but evdo will have better coverage than 3g , coz of 800 mhz

plus i have got better speeds using evdo , testing on speedtest. net than mtnl 3G

propogation loss is very high at 2Ghz levels.

EVDO on 800Mhz will definitely offer more consistant performance especially indoors.

FORGET CDMA-1X GO FOR 3G

-------------------------------------------

I have CDMA 1x DataCard, but long time back I got it converted to prepaid and now its totally unused due to new 3G Broadband+ USB Card. The main reason is speed.

The speed of CDMA-1X is as claimed 144 kbits/s which should give around 15 kbyte/s download speed, when signal is good. If signal is not good, its too slow upto 5/10 kbyte/s. You are a dead meat with such a outdated speed these days.

The speed of 3GEVDO-HSD is claimed upto 3mbps which gives around 150 to 200 kbytes/s or more which is amazing.

While comparing both, the speed of CDMA1x is pathetic. Though you get unlimited internet, you practically cannot download large files like 300mb to 700mb which I need to several times in a month for my work.

NOW coming back to this offer. IMHO Rs.600 for unlimited cdma-1x is not a good plan where you may have to waster longer time to browse or download.

I will suggest to go for Rs.3000/- PREPAID plan for 6 months 3G internet connection with 18gb data in 6 month (comes around Rs.500 per month). This plan is amazing coz you can download approximately 3gb per month which is at some extent more than enough for anyone. And yes its not 3gb per month, its 18 gb per 6 month, means you will have to use in whole 6 months. As a prepaid plan if you exhaust your quota you can renew immediately for next 6 months.

BUT THE 3G SPEED WILL BE ALWAYS AMAZING COMPARED TO CDMA-1X. Why anyone would go for such a slow speed these days? Its always better to go for thier upgrade offer where you can convert your CDMA-1x plan with free download plans for few months and then get converted to PREPAID, like I did.

EDIT: To update I am also using GSM EDGE (around 256KBPS) UNLIMITED internet speed with AIRTEL standard SimCard at Rs.98 per month and yes, it can be connected to PC/LAPTOP. Why still pay 600 for CDMA-1x? I use O2 Atom Life with internet sharing feature. Trust me its twice faster with Airtel Mumbai than cdma-1x.

You are right TATA and Reliance are suffocating their CDMA Data. Reliance CDMA data is worse than GPRS in UP but charges are the highest. I think EDGE is far superior