Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
biosbhai

My Review On Lg Rd2030

Biosbhai , wht i meant was that there should be another secton / link on the site called reviews and u can sole manage that !!

...study the phones well and u can have ur say on it ....

be optimistic ...look for things beyond mods & admin .... :)

:grin:

cheers & good luck

Edited by chandramauli

wow cooool just opened my eyes to know my rd2030 is so worth.how did u manage to get the information.cool thank u :)

wow cooool just opened my eyes to know my rd2030 is so worth.how did u manage to get the information.cool thank u :(

23142[/snapback]

well. sitting with the phone in front of the comp for a few hours does the trick! :D

Hey nice review I had never thought I would get so much information about this set online... I kept on trying to bug reliance annd Lg guys thnks a lot

Bios Bhai,

you forgot the bugs that come with the Phone.

a. Alarm when set to daily does not ring from the second day.

b. If you are typing a message and phone rings.. and you press end call,you loose the message

c. Sometimes, you hear the other party.. but they cant hear you

d. When you are typing a sms and then you choose phone book and choose call button (which actually in many places means OK), it calls the number and YOU LOSE THE MESSAGE !

Oh and can i use this Datacable on 2130, 2230, 5130, 6000 and 6130 ?

Please advice,

-adk

Hi

I am a new member in this forum.

I too own a LG RD 2030 Handset, which I purchased in Aug 2004. It is May last week and my phone has the distinction to visit the LG ASC 3 times during the warranty period. I am know planning to change the handset because it may not be long that it may have to go for another visit to the LG ASC. Which handset should I go for LG or Nokia this time. But I have heard that there is a N/W Problem with some of the Nokia sets and the data cable is quite expensive as compared to LG Sets. And one thing more which I noticed at the LG ASC that was there were a lot too many sets lying there for repairs or already repaired. Is the quality of handsets in LG inferior as compared to other companies.

Nokia sets are slightly expensive but would they be a good alternative to the LG Sets as also a few features are not supported in Nokia sets.

Hi

I used to have a LG 2030 moonlight phone. Having used a Nokia all these years makes you feel that any other phone is a piece of turd. I used LG for about 45 days. The network was not a problem but the battery was. Also the phone used to get over heated. SMS characters were less.

So I bought a Nokia 6585, I feel that I should have bought it earlier. No network problems, battery life is also good. OK it does not support R world but I dont need it anyways.

It entirely depends on you which cell to go for. I just cited my experience & opinion.

LG RD2030 is the first CDMA phone to be introduced in India along

with Samsung N191 by Reliance Infocomm limited.

I took this phone through the Rs.501 offer and has been using it for almost 1 year now.

The phone has most of the characteristics typical of a CDMA mobile.

DISPLAY

----------

Firstly, the phone has a monochrome display. It is not strictly black and white as

I hope I have included all the details. Comments are welcome.

---- SNIPPED ----

Thank you.

Govind

15935[/snapback]

EXCELLENT REVIEW :(

Edited by Arun

This old war-horse is still running (or should I say Galloping) perfectly after 2 years & 11 months. Of course, I don't expect the keypad and exteriors to stay in brand new condition after almost 3 years of continuous use.

And it still supports more number of R-world apps than most of the latest handsets in the market today

Edited by amtrag

Though I did have minor hiccups, mine is going strong after about 2.5 years. And looks brand new too ...I usually put on the plastic cover when I take it outdoors.

One of my friends is using it for 3 years now ...without any probs. But it looks like a real "war horse" ...totally battle worn. Well, even the kids in this house play with it... :)

Edited by raccoon

Hi everybody, wishing you happy holi.

I need to confirm one thing regarding my LG 2030 handset. Sometimes the service area (ALLAHABAD)disappears when I check the display menu in the handset, I do so when I am unable to make a call. To the other party it gives the message that my cell is switched off. The service area re-appears after a hour or so. Is it the problem with the handset or a network problem.

Vishal.

Edited by vishald04

Very good review. and good phone at that price.

I have it for more than 2 yrs and still going good, without problems.

Only thing i am disappointed abt is battery life. You can't use it beyond 48 hrs.

The phone's firmware can be upgraded for FREE at LG service centres. I have heard people say that the firmware upgrade increases browsing speed in R-World.

what ia a firmwair

Edited by Chirag

firmware works like the OS for ur computer!

Without firmware the phone can't work! By upgrading the phone, u can get new options (sometimes), BUG removal.

So its good for ur phone to be upgraded with the latest firmware!

GOOD STORY BUT NOTHING COULD HELP ME OUT

i juz want to know that if my phone lg rd 2030 can be upgraded i m using this phone from past 2 yrs and my freind has used this from past 7 yrs after that it came to me and it still working so can i upgrade this i want to know all teh new things abt lgrd 2030 whts teh new offer how it can be upgraded from wheer and how much shall it cost anything more abt it which is new i juz want to know so if any who knws plz mail me all the new things abt lg rd 2030 at chandan_nasta2001@rediffmail.com and resply to this waiting for yr answer and i want to knw how to check teh version