Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aamber

Cant Hear Other Person On Treo 755p

Recently i am facing a very weird problem with my palm treo 755p. I am unable to hear while making a call or when someone calls. even the speaker phone option on the screen disappears. I am able to hear only if i use a headset else the device is just a waste. I tried hard and soft reset but of no use. even did the upgrade but no use. Please help

your earpiece which is inside the handset is faulty, get it replaced / Repaired.

will cost you around Rs 350. MAX.

your earpiece which is inside the handset is faulty, get it replaced / Repaired.

Hi, I do have the same problem. Can you please let me know where I could get the repair done ? I live in Chennai. Thanks

Hi, I do have the same problem. Can you please let me know where I could get the repair done ? I live in Chennai. Thanks

in Chennai Riches street is main market for mobile repairs and part.

Edited by hitesh123
  • Like 1

Please check this thread:

Usually this is because the earphone jack SOCKET on the palm is faulty & not because of the speaker problem.

There is a s/w to fix this or you can try to jiggle the earphone jack with a pin as mentioned in the above post.

I had the same problem and while it is fixed, i can no longer use a earphone - only bluetooth headset; as putting anything into the earphone socket recreates the problem

I faced the same problem with my 755p, however when I tried to fix the headphone jack, the same got very loose and I ended up back on square one. But in my case only the handset speaker wasnt working, the speakerphone was okay.

I ordered the speaker from Ebay.com, the seller was from Hingkong, got the same in 5 days for 5$, and within 5 minutes I was able to use the phone normally again....

My advise, show it to a mobilewalah, but get the speaker yourself...

I faced similar problem on Nokia 6275 it was due to earphone Jack.

Usually this is because the earphone jack SOCKET on the palm is faulty & not because of the speaker problem.

Very True!!!

If the speakerphone icon has disappeared... then the device thinks there is a headset already plugged in. This can be due to liquid damage or a broken headset jack. This isn't normally a big deal to repair though. If the speakerphone icon is still there, then that's a totally different issue.

I think the s/w solution is for a different problem as well...

Do NOT be afraid to open your Treo up, they are fairly durable when it comes to opening and closing. Just be careful how you handle the ribbons, atleast don't crease them. If there is black epoxy on the headset jack, just break that off. If plugging a headset back in causes the same problem again, it's probably the center pin that gets moved when you plug devices in that needs to be rebent, which you can do from the opening on the other end of the headset jack, ofcourse only after you have opened the device up.

this is a known issue with palm devices

its not only with teo755 but also with palm pre as well

there is no problem with speaker , its just that the phone thinks that there is a headset connected to it , and thus it doesnt output audio thru speakers

it also occurs sometimes due to the metallic scrappings from ur headset pin which stays in contact with ur headset jack causing this issue

what i did was take a cotton swab dipped it in absolute alcohol and cleaned the jack and that solved the problem

also i took a toothpick rubbed it against the walls of headset jack and that also solved problem for me