Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sujaisundar

After Mnp What Is Your Move?

After MNP...  

48 members have voted

1. 1. I will change from my existing operator to...

• TATA Indicom
    • Reliance GSM
    • Aircel
    • Airtel
    • Idea
    • Vodafone
    • MTS
    • BSNL/MTNL
    • Uninor
    • Loop
    • Reliance CDMA
    • Tata DoCoMo

Instead of waiting for MNP(which will come after 6 months or more), a simple idea is changing from Postpaid to Prepaid (as people who would like to retain their numbers are mostly postpaid users) with the current service provider...

Because, nowadays almost ALL operators are showering offers on Prepaid only.. The only known benefit of Postpaid is CUG and that too can be adjusted by the special recharge packs from 20Rs to Rs50 for almost all prepaid plans :rofl_200: ...

This is the exact thing, I have done to my mom's Airtel number... First they will never allow you easily, you may have to fight saying that you STD, SMS, offnet costs much more than prepaid and so on... Another plus point here is if you are a big/old customer, you may get nice retention goodies also :Sorprendido: ..

THE BIGGIES WILL NEVER ALLOW MNP IN NEAR FUTURE... But we can shake them :SI: up a little by converting from postpaid to prepaid... And when MNP comes into effect, we can easily change operator than a postpaid customer... :clap:

Edited by kanagadeepan

I will switch my Airtel Postpaid into Airtel Prepaid now and then when MNP arrives there will be no need to change operators as every operator will be offering almost similar tariffs :D

Now I understand that there is no benefit in Postpaid service!

there are more hurdles than prepaid users

I will switch my Airtel Postpaid into Airtel Prepaid now and then when MNP arrives there will be no need to change operators as every operator will be offering almost similar tariffs :D

Now I understand that there is no benefit in Postpaid service!

Ya... Thats exactly what I have done with my Airtel connection my friend... BUT THERE IS NO FULL TALK-TIME or HYPER TALK-TIME FOR AIRTEL PREPAID USERS (atleast here in TN) except the Rs180TT for Rs150 recharge, but that Rs180 has to be used within 25 days :confuse: (that is the Rs180 will evaporate to Rs0 at 26th day) taking away the benefit of PREPAID... Airtel is the mostly greedy operator in INDIA currently imho...

I am waiting to shift from my Loop to Rel GSM. I hope the MNP starts working from Jan 1.

:previous:

No MNP is not coming by Jan1 2010.. It may or may-not come by Apr2010.. Biggies are responsible for that possibly.. But in the mean time, the new operators will improve their network quality to FULL possible form and @ that time even the biggies' cry of "QUALITY NETWORK" will won't work :rofl_200:

:previous:

I don't think that MNP and maybe 3G will ever come to India. The GSM Gangsters and the new gangsters will ensure that this will never come to India.

Let us dream in the meantime, of 10G atleast, maybe sometime in 2025.....

I never needed MNP. I am and was always free to change between operators. Never had any urgency to retain any number.

I am using every operator in Delhi except for Airtel and Tata Indicom.

I never needed MNP. I am and was always free to change between operators. Never had any urgency to retain any number.

I am using every operator in Delhi except for Airtel and Tata Indicom.

HI Friend which network is best in terms of connectivity in Delhi NCR since u r using all networks

Nowadays I am using Double Dual-SIM handsets... One with Postpaid TataIndicom + Postpaid BSNL and other with Docomo Prepaid + RGSM PPC Prepaid...

If they didn't launch MNP, I think I have to go for triple TRI-SIM phones later :rofl_200: .. Yes, I cannot throw away any number given to others once :NOTriste:

Same here! Changing numbers is inconvenient, but I won't stick to any operator if it pisses me off. So won't vote for this poll.

Nowadays I am using Double Dual-SIM handsets... One with Postpaid TataIndicom + Postpaid BSNL and other with Docomo Prepaid + RGSM PPC Prepaid...

If they didn't launch MNP, I think I have to go for triple TRI-SIM phones later :rofl_200: .. Yes, I cannot throw away any number given to others once :NOTriste:

Jeepers! :Confuso: And I thought I was the ****er lugging around 2 phones! Its damn inconvenient... I seldom carry the 2nd one. But after reading your post, I suddenly feel "lighter"... :P