Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^^^

Best solution will be backup all the data , wipe your device, and install a fresh rom !

Any 2.1 Android from Company is Unrooted So Please Root you phone while in 1.5 and use Alap 2.1 or any XDA ROM Never Ever Install ROMS Directly from Company

If you bymistake Climnbed to Original RUU with 2.1 version in Future dont Panic and Wait for Reversal info IF AVAILABLE

@ HP sir,

So you are saying we should flash with XDA roms available and go for the Radio upgrade aswell?

The signal drop problem may be an area specific issue/s; no such problem faced by me on 1.5 rom with stock radio anywhere in Meerut/Delhi region...

the latest radio seems to improve bit of battery life , and may be better signal

but it supports .29 kernel which all 2.1 roms have , so its better u use 2.1 roms while flasing this radio

u can go back to stock radio anytime from latest radio , incase u plan to go back to 1.5 from 2.1 rom

On xda a new Damage Rom has come out which is suppose to be based on the yet to be released but real sprint official 2.1 kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653222

Anybody tried it yet??

Edited by doc_anurag

^^^

i am using it since yesterday

overall its stable as its based on official sprint one

btw he is goin to update this rom a lot over next 2 3 days , so i suggest to wait a bit more over a week and then try it

so far i m using it , i have found very few bugs , which doesnt hamper my usage in anyways

^^^

btw he is goin to update this rom a lot over next 2 3 days , so i suggest to wait a bit more over a week and then try it

so far i m using it , i have found very few bugs , which doesnt hamper my usage in anyways

i sort of expected it that our inhouse doc would be already on it ;). i guess will wait for all the updates to finish before flashing it. I had been fooled by the "26\03" predictions so didnt touch my phone till now but now no more waiting for sprint.

One doubt though how can we be sure its based on the official sprint one , and if that is true how come sprint has not released it till now.

do quote a review after few days of usage?

^^^

Edited by mufi2001

The (un) official 2.1 release was leaked out to programmers on 26/3 for final final testing and this seems to be a result of that... the (official) official 2.1 shud also be just around the corner...

The (un) official 2.1 release was leaked out to programmers on 26/3 for final final testing and this seems to be a result of that... the (official) official 2.1 shud also be just around the corner...

That means that the rumors regarding the 9th April system maintenance release may be for a change more then just rumors, and we might see the official 2.1 coming out.

One confusion!

What if we root the phone before going to the official 2.1 rom? Will it stay rooted or will it be unrooted and we will have to wait for the pros' to crack it?

^

Official 2.1 will unroot your phone automatically and you will have to wait for programmers to find way out for that, though I presume it wont take more than a week once official 2.1 is out...

In all 2.1 ROM, on my phone sound server behave very erratically. Once I miss a call then all ring tones and warning tones become silent. Only reboot is then solution.

^

this problem is 100% solved in official sprint rom (as has been noted in damagecontrol rom based on it)...

@ Dhiraj Sir,

+1 thanks for the info!

^

this problem is 100% solved in official sprint rom (as has been noted in damagecontrol rom based on it)...

Problem exist even in damagecontrol ROM. I tried yesterday evening till today morning and then removed.

^

seems no one except you is facing that problem... strange...

true, I tried all - I mean almost all 2.1 kernel ROMs and all have same problem. I have also observed that in 2.1 ROM when call comes, on top task or notification bar, symbol of "SILENT MODE" flashes for a second or less then ringer sounds. which is not so in 1.5 version of rom.

^

what I would suggest is that you do a complete WIPE as the previous 2.1 roms were Eris leaks and hence unstable; This one is final Sprint beta release; then load stock sprint radio; you should be good to go; load latest radio as that has dramatically increased battery life also...

this is my second day on this rom , so far so good

i even updated the radio from 1.04 to 2.41 and got awesome battery life

just as i said this is final beta testing product , so it has few bugs here and there , and is lot stable , u wont see protected apps in market

wait for 2 3 days and u wil have more better rom ( though it will be just a few tweaks , and release keys , overall rom is very stable)

no sound issues , kshah , i think u have issue somewhere else , or else take a nandroid 1.5 backup of yours or from someone and go to 1.5 , wipe and then load this currennt 2.1 rom , dont load eris leaks based rom

just for testing purpose , i downgrade from radio 2.41.5.2.03 to stock 1.041 and all went good

i am not going back to 1.5 now , its been too old

any body here has a problem with regards to slowness of dial pad on their HTC hero.

Lately i have been facing that, after i have pressed a number the number is visible after almost 3-4 seconds lag which is pretty annoying

^

nope...

maybe its a rom related problem or some program you have installed which is causing the issue...

@ heehaw

Restart your phone, That should solve the issue but temporarily!

I do feel same, I think thats because of the contacts saved on the phone, as phone has to search all the contacts aswell!

Edited by SumitVerma