Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

I am now on stock 1.5 with radio ver 1.04 and like to update to DamageControl v2.05.I have

rooted with Recovery 1.5.2.I have taken Nandroid backup of the existing system.Downloaded

and copied the file DamageControlv2.05.zip to root of sd card.

Is it needed to update to Recovery 1.6.2 to load DamageControl v2.05?If yes,how to update

from 1.5.2 to 1.6.2?

Just follow this procedure or anything else to do?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4898505&postcount=1

For the ROM updation process, just tell me following procedures is correct or not:

First go into recovery menu by pressing Power and Volume Down button

Then press Home button.Now do a wipe of device and also of dalvik cache.Now Scroll to the Flash from Zip option, select it, choose the file DamageControlv2.05.zip.

I have changed data settings in qpst with 1.5(Just changed user-name and pass to MDN)

Will it get reverted when i update to 2.1? if yes can we change it with qpst again?

Since DamageControl v2.05 ROM already has apps2sd,what i need to enable it? How to format my sd card?Can we do it from recovery menu itself?How many partitions i have to make?My SD card is 8gb. Is there any drawback in using apps2sd?I am running on low phone storge now so i need to try this one.

How to update radio to 2.41?Is there any risk in updating radio?

I am really new to ROM updation that's why so many doubts.

Edited by lijodavis

Hi,

From what I have learned about Android, will try to answer your questions:

1. For installing DC, its not necessary to update RA recovery.

2. The process for loading new ROM is correct. Whether upgrading to DC will break your data or not, someone else has to confirm it since I am on different ROM.

3. You can change data related settings using QPST after upgrading to DC 2.05.

4. Creating ext2 partition for app2sd is very easy. Go to recovery, there you will find option to partition SD card. Backup SD card first.

5. You only have to make one partition, i.e. ext2. You can create size of 512MB as you have 8 GB card.

6. It is advisable to upgrade radio as it will increase your battery life and reception.

Gurus, please rectify where I am wrong.

Mobile Network: Disconnected because service is unavailable.

I have updated to DC 2.05.every thing worked fine but when i tried connecting to data,its showing the above error

@SumitVerma did you got this error corrected in 2.1 rom,please explain how to clear this.

Also please explain the procedure for app2sd.I couldn't find any icon or setting for this one.

i am on DC 2.05 with radio 1.04 an recovery 1.5.2

Edited by lijodavis

^

this was a known issue of data going haywire in many 2.1 roms; I wud advice you to try shifting to DevAlap Rom and see whether your data returns or not - http://mobile5.in/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47 as I think he has now sorted out the data issue.

When i tried CLEAN Wipe of Data & Dalvik Cache from the recovery menu,wipe of data is done but Dalvik Cache result in an error.It showing "Run 'wipe dalvik' via ADB. .how to do that?

So I did the upgrade too DC 2.05 without wiping the Dalvik Cache,did it result in the data error?

Edited by lijodavis

^

the pri update is the main culprit in the data going kaput... procedure for restore has been given by alap...

My PRI is 2.11_002 and I am on DC v2.05. My data is working perfectly !

I am on DC 2.05 but my PRI is 1.70_003.How to change PRI to 2.11_002 ?I didn't upgraded the radio,i am on 1.04. will a radio upgrade will change PRI to 2.11?WHat did you do to get data workingPlease help

Edited by lijodavis

I have done this, may be there are other better ways to do....

First upgrade to ALAP v6

Update radio also to the latest version. It will not do anything to your PRI.

Do this for data as mentioned in the post.....

##3282# - Edit - Enter SPC - Data Profile - Press Menu - Restore -

This will downgrade your PRI to 2.11_002 and your data will start...

Then you can upgrade to DC 2.05 or ALAP v6 which is also good.

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

I followed your method.First ALAP v6,then Updated radio,then ##3282# - Edit - Enter SPC - Data Profile - Press Menu - Restore.

Now my data is working without any problem. :signthankspin: Now i may try updating to DC 2.05.

Thanks for your reply. :Riendo:

DevAlap v6 is Better and more stable then DC205 - and it have Cracked Google Maps for Navigation and other Goodies you may try.

Just Experience DevAlap v6 for few days and try also Load AddOn Pack from DevAlap

• Like 1

One Clarification needed, Do we need to wipe even before upgrading or degrading the Radio?

Just Flashed with the 1.04.01.09.21 ROM.

It showed success but when I actually viewed the Baseband, it still shows the newer one that is 2.42.00.03.10

Could someone help?

I dont think you can downgrade radio just by flashing.

^

Yes we can!

Had a reply from Dev Alap Sir at mobile5!

this is what he wrote

@Sumeet You have not Downgraded it Properly

First Flash it and Press Proper Keys Combination to Actually Apply it.

Please see the attached pic. This is what I get after flashing the rom. It doesnt ask for any key combo!

post-44393-127080073842_thumb.jpg

u can downgrade and upgrade radio as many times as u want

all u have to do is just flash from recovery like any other rom

problem is that u have already downgraded your radio , but the radio u used isnt propelry signed thats y its showing 2.41 in baseband inspite u flashing 1.04

try this radio ( signed stock )

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=644004

• Like 1

DevAlap v6 with the addon pack is really nice. I really enjoyed using google navigation. :Riendo: I have a problem with trackball light also for missed calls LED won't blink.The racing game didn't worked.its showing force close.

How to enable app2sd with this rom,my phone memory has gone to 50 MB with just 10 apps installed from market.

@ Mufaddal Sir

Thanks a lot +1

^^^^^^^^^mufaddal ji is great.

Guys.. No matter how much I read.. cant understanding..

I need a start up push..

1. Phone activation.. I would wait for Sadikk to make time and get that sorted..

2. However, syncing contacts/calender.. I am still wondering where is the sync apps or driver? HTC sites gives only an upgrade.. I got USB driver on another thread but vista does not take that driver for phone.. where do I get started? Am I missing something very simple?

^

1. For activating your phone, contact the person from whom you bought it (I presume its Sadikk, and he usually gives your phone pre activated)...

2. Calendar/Contact sync is a simple as entering your username and password of your gmail a/c and everything happens automatically; provided you have created/transferred your contacts/calendar to your Gmail a/c

why are u confused? or am I missing something?

I want to sync with outlook (offline syncing)

thats.. it should be a simple task.. but i am wondering where the application is.. The HTC sites gives an app call HTCSycn under header of grade.. its 47mb.. but taking ages to download.. is there an alternate link?

^

Try the gmail sync as suggested by Dhiraj sir!

You will forget syncing with the poor old outlook! the best part is, whenever you are connected with the net, all your contacts get synced automatically without pushing a button if you save contacts in your phone as google contacts!

If you still want to continue with the outlook. Plug in your Htc with your pc, mount your Sd card, Htc sync is pre-loaded in your SD card!

Edited by SumitVerma

Would have to sync with outlook atleast once..

the key concern would be.. Calender I use another gmail account.. whereas for contacts I would like another.. and if possible for sms backup 3rd.. will that me possible?

Any possibility move migrate palm treo smses to HTC?

You wont be able to sync 3 accounts simultaneously.

Why dont you make an account just for the sync with your hero? Thats what I have done!

You can easily push your contacts to your gmail account by saving it all in .csv format!

All the things you ask for have been discussed in this topic from the beginning; sms backup procedure from windows mobile has been discussed; for treo you can try transferring/extracting your sms as an xml file which then can be restored onto android by sms backup and restore software.

try combining all accounts for calendar and contacts into 1 and make your life SIMPLER...

I have long since left (and now forgotten) outlook completely... This is a Google Phone and I like to stick to Google applications for a seamless experience... though its possible to sync via HTC Sync and for download problem, check your internet connection or download directly from Sprint site - http://www.htc.com/us/support/hero-sprint/downloads/