Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

Thanks Sumit, works better then before after the restart but not all that fast.

@Dhiraj, I am on the Original ROM supplied by Sprint 1.56, wonder which application is causing the slowness. :confuse:

^

Me and I think everyone here would suggest you to upgrade your phone to 2.1 ROM with the latest baseband 2.42

Damagedcontrol v2.05 is awesome one.

Checked my uptime before my restart it was 354Hrs and being awake 8%.

Dont think I had ever restarted my Nokia 6275 or Samsung Max for months...

Now the dialer is working very smooth, I think it was little slow when I restarted as I usually get some errors some "Code 65" and some handset activation error.

^

Me and I think everyone here would suggest you to upgrade your phone to 2.1 ROM with the latest baseband 2.42

Damagedcontrol v2.05 is awesome one.

Would love too, but I really need some help, coz i am a newbie and terms like Wipe, Flash, etc take me for a toss :confuse::confuse:

Does Bluetooth file transfer work fine on 2.1 ROM, also flipz released a 2.1 ROM, which one is better Damagecontrol or Flipz's fresh?

I have downloaded both the ROMs but dint know what to do next? Anyone here or Sumit can you help on the same.

Is your phone rooted?

If not, use this step by step guide to root the phone!

Rooting is required to gain full access of your phone!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583291

Edited by SumitVerma

Next process is very simple!

Copy the Zipped File of Rom (without unzipping) to the root folder to your SD card,

Turn off your phone completely.

Now press and hold Power and Volume Down button both together till you enter the Recovery Mode.

Now Press The Home Button.

Now Scroll to the Flash from Zip option, select it, choose the file and follow the instructions as displayed and you are all done!

NB: Please Do it On Your Own Risk!

Please thank if you like!

Will Help Me Going!

Edited by SumitVerma

How do I sync my contacts with my gmail account.

I do not want to sync my contacts with the account i am using with my gmail app on my htc hero. I have another email -- gmail account speacially created for contacts and sms backup, would like to sync with this account only.

^

I would suggest people to WAIT before jumping to the 2.1 bandwagon right now; as many people are facing issues with data gone kaput on 2.1 roms without any solution... some roms (especially fresh) are causing irrecoverable data corruption...

• Like 1

some roms (especially fresh) are causing irrecoverable data corruption...

Now thats a heavy word!

Hi,

I have upgraded to latest radio and DamageROM(based on 2.1) but now I am not able to use data, neither 1x appears on the status bar.

Please help !

^

only solution that I see which may be worth a try (not guaranteed though) is to do a 786 hard reset; this will even make the phone meid back to its original and you will have to program the phone fully again; kindly try this ONLY if you can reprogram your phone otherwise not; you may also try reverting back to 1.5 firmware rom and downgrade radio also back to original (1.04.01.09.21) which is said to restart data in some cases...

Edited by dkaile

Does upgrading to official sprint will solve this problem ?

Mobile Network: Disconnected because service is unavailable.

firstly i have been trying these roms , and so far i didnt face any data issues

secondly i would like to say that these data issues are more commonly occuring in those people who had previosly loaded eris leaked roms and other roms which have messed the PRI

so for those for whom data isnt working here is a proper fix

if data is not working , simply restore the nandroid

PLZ DONOT USE THE SPRINT RUU TO GO BACK TO 1.5 IT WILL SEMI BRICK YOUR HERO

USE NANDROID RESTORE ONLY TO GO BACK TO 1.5

u will have to restore nandroid through adb shell as direct restoring for recovery menu will give u error

read this guide here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=614016

once u restore , just boot in recovery menu and do wipe

and u will be back to getting data

hope this helps

BTW if u r a daredevil like me dont be scared to try out new roms , there is always solution to problems :Riendo:

one more thing i would like to add , that make sure u do a wipe of device and also of dalvik cache before u upgrade to any rom

also make sure ur data settings arent change in qpst

reloading the pri matching the new roms has SOLVED the issue... hooray to Hetal...

^^^

the latest fresh rom already has auto pri patch , but still data not working for many on new fresh rom also despite having sprint PRI

also i have noticed that few users have proper sprint PRI , but their data disconnects often and /or data speeds are painfully slow

seems only fix for such people is too stay with 1.5 till official sprint release

^

maybe thats why I have NO ISSUES till date as I am on Modaco 1.3 (Sprint 1.56) and living my life very peacefully with everything working...

^^^

its the leaked beta sprint roms thats causing this data issues for many

u are on a proper 1.5 rom , no beta roms

btw people are too tired now staying on 1.5 , its over a yr old , its high time for 2.1 , there has been tooooo much delay , so no one can wait to try their hands when a new 2.1 rom comes on xda

^

everybody's waiting yaar...

ab to mujhe bhi date forecast karne me sharam aati hai... LOL...

from what i read , HTC did made an official announcement last week that htc hero will get 2.1 in couple of weeks

but they only referred to gsm hero

but i think since sprint is on second beta testing ( yes there has been a second beta sprint 2.1 leak) , it should take same time

^^^

the latest fresh rom already has auto pri patch , but still data not working for many on new fresh rom also despite having sprint PRI

also i have noticed that few users have proper sprint PRI , but their data disconnects often and /or data speeds are painfully slow

seems only fix for such people is too stay with 1.5 till official sprint release

Becuase of of Latest ROM from fresh which Inbuilt PRI Data Break for Cellular South and Reliance India

Please Dont Flash Fresh 2.02d