Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^

post your relevant screenshots of qpst for guidance to others...

Following where I did Change today

post-27662-127462127172_thumb.jpg

post-27662-127462129234_thumb.jpg

post-27662-127462131152_thumb.jpg

post-27662-127462134065_thumb.jpg

@dkaile:

Firmware version: 2.1-update1

Baseand version: 2.42.01.04.27

Kernel version: 2.6.29.-bc0d2cff htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build number: 2.27.651.5 CL 169236 release-keys

Software number: 2.27.651.5

PRI version: 2.20_003

PRL version: 00005

wierd, I never had to change anything after the upgrade to have data working ^_^

Why one need to change any thing for data to.work? Unless prI is reset or data services were not configured before update. IMHO

^

ixactly...

@dkaile ji

muje nahi bhul jaiyega. I tried as per dpinal but no internet. Again i have noticed that under MIP he has a second profile configured while mine is blank. Kya ye reason hai for my phone not connecting.

I have put screenshots of my setting , pls see and advice

post-2876-127464240494_thumb.png

sunny:post-2876-127464132552_thumb.jpg

And when i check under the set profile i get this

post-2876-1274642431_thumb.png

this is the difference between my phone and both dpinal and sunny. All other setting i have matched and seen but the net refuses to connect.

Edited by doc_anurag

^^^ Always hide your personal information parameters while uploading any screenshot.

^^^ Always hide your personal information parameters while uploading any screenshot.

Thanks for pointing that out. shots edited.

^

make pri and sec ha all 0.0.0.0 in 3rd screenshot and it will work

Edited by dkaile

^

I made all of them 0.0.0.0 but its the same no change it doesnt connect. :NOTriste:

Please advice further.

^

Arrey Bhaiyya Anurag ji; dang se sari settings phir se check karo; kahi na kahi tumne galti kar rakhi hai... Vo theek karte hi sab theek ho jaayega...

^

I made all of them 0.0.0.0 but its the same no change it doesnt connect. :NOTriste:

Please advice further.

write UTS@relianceinfo.com in 2nd profile of MIP tab and leave first row of profile as it is with 0.0.0.0. to all

This will work I guess

Edited by dpinal

My data is working fine now. :grin:

I entered UTS@relianceinfo.com as my NAI in the 1st profile and then configured the rworld username and password in ppp um tab and voila my internet is now working.

post-2876-127469806247_thumb.png] post-2876-127469790137_thumb.png

Thanks to all for bearing with me and solving this.

Special thanks to @dkaile ji for instructing me step by step and guiding me throught the whole process. and @dpinal for give me that last crucial settings.

My data is working fine now. grin.gif

I entered UTS@relianceinfo.com as my NAI in the 1st profile and then configured the rworld username and password in ppp um tab and voila my internet is now working.

Special thanks to @dkaile ji for instructing me step by step and guiding me throught the whole process. and @dpinal for give me that last crucial settings.

Strangely, I have done almost everything that you have done, including the same mistakes, and corrections, I still can't connect!! confused.gif

Edit: My MEID is not 000000000, do you think that would make any difference? Also, I get an error, when I write to phone saying The mobile reported the following errors while writing NV items: "NV Item: NV_UE_IMEI_I and Status:NV_READONLY_S"

Edited by Hellangelo

Edit: My MEID is not 000000000, do you think that would make any difference? Also, I get an error, when I write to phone saying The mobile reported the following errors while writing NV items: "NV Item: NV_UE_IMEI_I and Status:NV_READONLY_S"

Dude! IMEI? on a cdma phone? I think you are doing something wrong there.

My Data is also working fine now.thanks a lot to all gurus...

Dude! IMEI? on a cdma phone? I think you are doing something wrong there.

Thats what baffled me! QPST is selecting the correct phone and stuff, but when I write it gives me this error, isnt it funny?

^

What are you trying to write from QPST?

My data is working fine now. grin.gif

Strangely, I have done almost everything that you have done, including the same mistakes, and corrections, I still can't connect!! confused.gif

I also get the same error everytime I write data to the phone. I just ignored it and nothing happened .

Edited by doc_anurag

that error is inconsequential; kindly ignore it.... and it will write to ur phone, dont worry...

Interesting observation

If we use the username sam1 under ppp um tab, mobile internet works but on trying to access the r world home page one keeps getting access denied error. But if we use UTS@relianceinfo.com we can use the net and access the home page.

Edited by doc_anurag

the nvitem imei error is going to happen in hero as well as incredible every time u write anything

its non significant and inspite of error the nvitems are written on handset

Interesting observation

If we use the username sam1 under ppp um tab, mobile internet works but on trying to access the r world home page one keeps getting access denied error. But if we use UTS@relianceinfo.com we can use the net and access the home page.

its the same thing with sprint blackberries as well

Now that data et al is working for all, I would like to request users on 2.1 to post their small reviews about the new OS; parameters - speed, functions, usability, new features, features missing, etc... for the benefit of other users who are waiting to upgrade... I would also recommend users that in case they are facing some issues, they hard reset their phones so that the OS is refreshed, now that we know all the settings...

Edited by dkaile

Interesting observation

That is because proxy port is not configured. UTS username do not use proxy as its WM username.

yes i must admit that the new os is snappier and fast but lacks some critical features from the past os . like in the past os we had an option of keeping data always on or when required. which is missing in the new os. the new sense ui look cool...... but i had herd that the 2.1 comes with 3d navigation but i dont see any 3d navigation here.