Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sumatrix

Is Tata Still Accepting Foreign Esn's?

i just wanted to know if tata is still accepting foreign esn's cos wen i went to tata indicom store today they said that they have some problem in generating min's so they have to check.

can someone pl confirm??

It's important. I'm contemplating buying a new handset from Sadik, so this information is really necessary.

I think foriegn ESNs should not have any problem.

Else all the existing handsets, too, should have been blocked.

if u r talking abt blackberry...as per my experience they dont accept it nowdays.....

Am not talking bout the esn's already in their database.am talking bout registrarion of completely new esn's..

not only backberry but other handsets too.

better u go to any true value shop n ask them bcoz in my case when i asked to cc they told me it can b activated but when i went to store after checking my bb8830 they told it cant b activated as esn is not in their database.....confused.gif

but dont worry we can activate it here....winko.gifwinko.gifwinko.gifRiendo.gif

Yes sir they do take foreign ESNs. we will get it done. Mostly there's confusion in MEID and normal ESNs though.

Does it mean a handset having meid cannot be activated on tata by using the normal esn registration method??

Edited by sumatrix

Does it mean a handset having meid cannot be activated on tata by using the normal esn registration method??

I have a omnia i910 please tell me how i can get it activated...please its urgent. I have been trying for 30 days and my handset has not gotten activated

wats the problem u're facing?? did u give the esn to indicom for registration

Yes i gave me esn in thje caf form which did not work. then the tata indocom tried a lot and somehow got a prepaid number and did *228. This helped my number to get registered but the esn is not in their records hence they are still not generating a min for it.... i dont know what to do :(

Yes i gave me esn in thje caf form which did not work. then the tata indocom tried a lot and somehow got a prepaid number and did *228. This helped my number to get registered but the esn is not in their records hence they are still not generating a min for it.... i dont know what to do :(

If yours is a prepaid no just use a HCC and do it...i have used it in the past on configured foreign handsets...for Postpaid they register ESN in hex form and give u mein..ask them to regenerate MIN after registering ESN against ur no...everytime u put in new ESN a new MIN is generated

Yes tata is accepting foriegn ESNs for sure.

Got my juke registered y'day.

I have a omnia i910 please tell me how i can get it activated...please its urgent. I have been trying for 30 days and my handset has not gotten activated

Why not approach other sellers on this Forum who actively sell foreign handsets & make it workable with TATA/Rel etc.

There are plenty to help you.. instead of going from TATA store to store.

Edited by ACS

hey jayanth the thing is omnia is meid based and i did contact some members who said that cracking samsung

is a tough job.also my fren is gettin an error whle registering the esn.the system says the esn is not valid and that's y i had to open this topic.any idea y its not accepting??also tata do have an option of entering meid too it seems.

i had contacted some mebers regarding this omnia .and they all said that cracking samsung is not easy. also when we enter the esn onto tata's database am getting an error saying the esn is wrong. and i believe tata has a system where we can enter meid's too but even that is not working.

tata has issues accepting meids

^^^

What about pESN with MEID ?

Muffadal bhai aapko mein bahut dino se mail kar raha hoon. aap to mere mail ka javab hi nahi karte?

sabke mail ka javab dete ho :confuse::confuse: any particular prob wid me??.

@ rinku :it wont work with postpaid too.have tried that too.

any soln for this

@ Sumal i can help u activating ur number on it..

Got some tricks.. u need to send me ur phone.. :)

lmk..

Bhai its a samsung omnia .. can it be activated n tata.i know it can be.It wud be appreciated if u can share the soln here so that others can use it too and also so that i can try it here itself.Am willing to pay for it too bhai if at all its reqd.do help me as its extremely urgent as this phone is lying uselessly with me.But its not right to share then do tell me and so will contact u personally.

Edited by sumatrix

Am also interested in buying Moto Q from US Sprint... But the Tata guys here are saying that nowadays they are not accepting any foreign (esn) handsets.. So I dropped the idea...

But is thera any other way to get my Tata Postpaid number to Sprint Moto Q :Sorprendido: ???

you can try rim way !

buy a new connection from tata postpaid on a UIM (sim) card, take E$N or MEID from it,

program it to your mobile,

and you are done,

dont ask for process, PM will help you.

Am also interested in buying Moto Q from US Sprint... But the Tata guys here are saying that nowadays they are not accepting any foreign (esn) handsets.. So I dropped the idea...

But is thera any other way to get my Tata Postpaid number to Sprint Moto Q :Sorprendido: ???

they r still accepting foreign esn

which city r u in