Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mufaddal

Sprint Htc Hero

^

- Push mail is one of the best on Gmail that i have ever seen.

- Office editing support is available through 3rd party softwares; full view and pdf support

- Video - Plays mp4 and 3GP perfectly; you must just know know how to convert to fully use video

- PC Sync - Full support is available through HTC Sync; Who needs it BTW as I firmly believe Cloud Computing is the future.

- BB Support - MY GOD... who needs it after Push Mail on Gmail...

- Notes/Tasks - 3rd party softwares BY THE PLENTY; also inbuilt Notes support and Hand writing support

- Most Excellent VOICE Search engine by Google. Further in 2.1 (on Nexus 1) you will be also able to just automatically type your SMS and Email by just reading to your phone. Excellent voice recognition in 2.1

- Apps2sd freely available on most roms

- Never seen such a geek friendly phone ever.

- For idiot proof phone - I suggest iphone...

Edited by dkaile

^^ i would like to add... it is now possible to save apps/programs on the sd card for android (specifically HERO)... i dont recollect the program.. its in the market...

EDIT: Dkaile added... it is Apps2sd

:)

Edited by Greatest

Problem is when you want to have multiple mail ID. Gmail client works on IMAP idle only but can not be configured for multiple mail ID's.

Nokia Symbian and palm Pre support IMAP IDLE out of box for multiple accounts. Even from different services.

We may not require BB, but we can never rule out or ignore other people's requirement.

Editing using Document to Go is recent.

Also cloud computing is good but its always good to have data accessible off line. I have my own reservations for over the air data. I need atleast 1 copy off line.

^

- My N1 is coming this week; will review it for you. It supports 10 Gmail ID's in push mail; So basic question whether Android will support it, is answered. Also 2.1 for Hero is another 30-40 days away and same functionality will then be available on hero as well.

- You can always download a copy from Cloud computing for your pc; Lots of options are available like Offline Mail from Gmail etc. Also 3rd party offline options are there.

need help to start reliance on my hero?? please someone tell me where to look for programming? thanks

:previous: I am also looking to program for Reliance. Will be doing it in this week or next week with help from our tech gurus.

Will let you know the process once I do it successfully.

• Like 1

:previous: I am also looking to program for Reliance. Will be doing it in this week or next week with help from our tech gurus.

Will let you know the process once I do it successfully.

thanks.. if possible let me know when ur doing it. maybee i can join you or something.

In my HTC HERO AIRVOICE was working nicely for call recordings.

But now my hero has developed a problem.. its not getting connected to any PC. Some kind of hardware fault i think.

If anyone can help me then please do.

I had done hard reset from ##786# menu and now the MEID is back and i am unable to disable it as the phone is not connecting with any PC also the original SPRINT SPC hs been reinstated and i can't even acces EPST now as i am unable to get the original SPC code.

i have found a write up on saving battery life of hero for some roms, just copy and pasting it here for fellow members:

Battery Issue Fix

a bug has been found in the HTC sms app. For some reason when you SEND a text message it puts a lock on the dialer app. This lock prevents the phone from ever going to sleep, even when the screen is off. This is causing a HUGE drain on battery life because the CPU is still awake. The current workaround is to disable the internal sms app and use one of the free ones from the market instead. Thanks to mobilehavoc for testing out a new sms app and realizing that it didn't create the lock.

The current two recommendations are ChompSMS and HandCent. It is has been confirmed by multiple users (mobilehavoc, freshlyill, spork27, and myself) that the phone is sleeping properly if you don't use the internal messaging client (and of course assuming you don't have a different issue than described here!).

Between the two apps my personal recommendation is HandCent. It has a huge number of tweaks and can give you the same look and feel as the internal app.

FAQ:

Q) I killed the messages / dialer / phone using a task manager but my phone still isn't sleeping?

A) Killing the app is not necessary anymore. That was a temporary fix while I was working on figuring out exactly what caused the lock. All you need to do is use a 3rd party messaging app and stop using the internal app.

Q) I'm using a 3rd party app but now both the internal app and the 3rd party app are telling me I have a new message?

A) You need to disable notification from the internal app. All Programs < Messages < Menu < Settings < Uncheck auto-retrieve & uncheck Notifications.

Q) I followed all of your directions but my phone still isn't going to sleep?

A) It's possible that another app you have is preventing the phone from sleeping. You need to restore and start over.

1) Restore the phone to factory settings (Settings > Security > Factory data reset)

2) After the phone restores, boot it all the way up. Turn the phone all the way off and then boot it up again.

3) After the phone boots all the way, wake the phone up and put it to sleep a couple of times, then leave it asleep and wait 5 minutes. Check your awake/sleep time.

*For this to work then you should not have installed any apps after the restore, and do not send any texts. This rules out ALL issues of other apps you have installed preventing it from sleeping.

Q) How do I know if my phone is sleeping?

A) When your screen is actually turned off, there's no way for to know. However you can check your timer at: Settings < About Phone < Status < Awake Time. Pull it up and then put your phone to sleep. Wait 1 minute and then wake it up. If your awake time has counted by more than 5-10 seconds then your phone isn't sleeping. Also the % should be less than 100%. The lower the better. You can reset the timers by powering the phone off and on again.

Q) I don't even text, will this fix my phone?

A) Nope

Q) I have tried everything and my phone still won't sleep?

A) You are doing something wrong. Restore your phone and try again.

P.S: remember you need to upgrade your voicemail software if you hard reset as it is also causing the same wake problem resolved above.

I hope this helps to some members and they get better battery life now on there HERO.

• Like 1

^

This battery bug was there only in the original 1.29 rom; It had already been fixed in the 1.56 updates...

In my HTC HERO AIRVOICE was working nicely for call recordings.

But now my hero has developed a problem.. its not getting connected to any PC. Some kind of hardware fault i think.

If anyone can help me then please do.

I had done hard reset from ##786# menu and now the MEID is back and i am unable to disable it as the phone is not connecting with any PC also the original SPRINT SPC hs been reinstated and i can't even acces EPST now as i am unable to get the original SPC code.

ur usb pin has gone bad 110%

Yes, Google Voice and Google Translate can be downloaded from market directly from google. Google wave is through a 3rd party service provider right now; not directly through google...

^

and the contrast in the number of posts... ;)

kidding..

^

and the contrast in the number of posts... ;)

kidding..

Everyone wont be the brilliant students in the clas right ????

there are backbenchers too.... <_<

You cant beat me on that.. ;)

Thanks for the honour ;)

hi .. is anyone here ready to help me with my hero activation? please?

^^^

rather than asking again n again for help y dont u take some pains and do some searching around the forum and google

as my freind dkalie says "thoda haath pair to maro yaar"

just yesterday i posted link to a new site called mobile-files.us for people like u who want help

everything u need is over there

Edited by mufaddal_km

@harimahesh

i have been using google voice on android ever since it come into service

i send free sms thru it

btw i myself liked to be a backbencher ...par pata nahi age kaise agaya...lol

^^^

rather than asking again n again for help y dont u take some pains and do some searching around the forum and google

just yesterday i posted link to a new site called mobile-files.us for people like u who want help

friend.. id never ask anyone for help without searching before. its just that i cannot acesss mobile files site.. at all.. i read somewhere that the site is down or something. i have tried to access the site from 3 different computers. either my airtel isp is blocking it or maybee it is down.i have still tried reading a few posts in the cached version of google.all searches about this issue leadto mobile files and frustatingly i cannot access it. as i have mentioned u in the mail i have downloaded the programs and gotten some idea of the details. i even tried loading my ppc6700 and accessing it with the super spc. the mobile-files site has a good guide but i cannot just access it somehow. besides still there are some doubts which i would like to clear before i attempt it. and i cant ask those on here as u know. haath pair aur sir bhi maar chuka hun. so some help would be really appreciated before i start. thanks.

^^^

friend.. id never ask anyone for help without searching before. its just that i cannot acesss mobile files site.. at all.. i read somewhere that the site is down or something. i have tried to access the site from 3 different computers. either my airtel isp is blocking it or maybee it is down.i have still tried reading a few posts in the cached version of google.all searches about this issue leadto mobile files and frustatingly i cannot access it. as i have mentioned u in the mail i have downloaded the programs and gotten some idea of the details. i even tried loading my ppc6700 and accessing it with the super spc. the mobile-files site has a good guide but i cannot just access it somehow. besides still there are some doubts which i would like to clear before i attempt it. and i cant ask those on here as u know. haath pair aur sir bhi maar chuka hun. so some help would be really appreciated before i start. thanks.

Here is the link to Hero solution -

http://www.mobile-files.us/showthread.php?153-HTC-Sprint-Hero-MEID-Solution

Anything else you want to know , you can contact me .

@sunny 1974

seems that u dont read posts and suggestions properly

yesterday i posted link to a new site with domain id name .us and not .com

read it properly

i didnt tell u to go to mobile-files.com

i have given link to new site called mobile-files.us

lol , ever since i posted that site link , half of rimweb got registered over there