Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mufaddal

Sprint Htc Hero

for postpaid users i think as mentioned earlier also it better to go with data plans which are offered by reliance for windows mobile users

they should work on hero as well

its for postpaid users though

95 /-Rs 200mb free is perfect for day to day usage on hero

no NUC

• Like 1

I got activated my new data plan "windows mobile 500" last day of the last bill cycle. I got SMS after 3 days -: "Dear customer with ref to your SR-11xxxxxxxx Your new plan is RNC_199_500MB_2 wef 06-01-2010."

In dec bill they have taken 6 rs for this plan.In the bill its showing RNC_199_500MB_2.

I started using hero from 8th jan only,that too very limited data usage(downloaded some apps too),still i am getting and increase of 20 to 30 rs in daily unbilled usage.so yesterday with mufaddal_km help i have changed username and pass to my MDN.Before it was set to UTS@relianceinfo.com.When i checked today unbill usage increased just 2 rs(voice calls).checked data usage from 7th jan to today at myservices.relianceada.com,it was showing around 5MB.

i am waiting for my first bill to confirm there is no Network usage charge.

post-2754-126327250778_thumb.jpg

^

grt news man...

Hi Muffi bhai,

U have gr8 tech knowledge !!!

I wanted to use my Laptop as Access Point for browsing data via Wi-fi on my hero.

I created an Ad-hoc connection on my laptop but Hero is not able to detect it.

Is there any way that i can share my broadband connection with Hero using my laptop as AP.

Buying a new wirteless router is an option though but i will have to invest so was trying to find a workaround.

i m shifting from prepiad to postpaid

and i will suscribe to windows data plan

its best one i suppose at moment for android users

the rworld plan will kill u , the NUC is just unacceptable

• Like 1

i am a old dapo customer, presently in simple 299. My r world plan is still L1 with rs99 mobile internet plan.

My last months bill does not show any NUC charges even though i heavily used opera in my old nokia 6275 to browse the net. Now i have got the Hero so if the same holds true this month also i guess i can think about leaving my data connection on all the time without having to worry about obscene charges, But knowing reliance am going slow this month and will wait till my next bill. :Confuso:

please help unable to activate 1X data on hero.I tried several times to write my MDN as user name & password but returns to its previous one.please help.

^^^

use qpst 2.7 built 323 or higher

go to ppp tab

and write in un/an

MY BACKUP PRO ( FULL VERSION )

this is full version

just install the .apk file

ur data has to be on ( 1x or wifi ) coz it will need to authenticate

u can backup ur sms /contacts etc online or sdcard and restore it anytime

backup all ur apps to sd card

i use this app for my sms backup

MyBackupPro_2.2.1.rar

• Like 1

:previous: Thanks!

I m facing very strange problem in htc hero.the phone will be start ringing after 2-3 rings.

Any solution???

Thanks

^

Yes, that problem is there specially on fresh reboot and using mp3 from sd card as ringtone. Use inbuilt mp3 trimmer to trim songs to no more than 30 seconds; also 2nd call onwards, I see that this reduces and calls start ringing in 1-1.5 rings; try using any default ringtone instead of mp3 and check also.... try using modaco 2.0 rom modified version; it may be faster than the rom you are on....I have also reduced the slot cycle index from 2 to 1 for faster tower polling and I am getting rings within 1.5 ring, but I dont advice you to play with data settings yet...

Edited by dkaile

What is the method of changing slot cycle index in handset.

Thanks

^

Pls dont try it right now as it caused certain issues in my handset from which I was able to recover but would not advice you to try it...

vaise if u are ready to play with it then call me... but I will take no responsibility for you messing up anything, hence not posting openly, as I know it is causing certain issues and your data may stop working all together...

slot cycle index just determines the pinging time between handset and tower

different phones have diff slot cycle index

and different roms have set different value for SCI

usiually htc phones come with SCI 2

u can reduce it to 1

REDUCING SCI WONT CAUSE DATA ISSUES

theres no big deal in SCI

its very simple to reduce SCI , just use qpst and put ur prefrred value for slot cycle index

once again , changing value of slot cycle index from 2 to 1 wont have any adverse effects , except the fact that it will drain your battery faster , as it will ping the network with shorter intervals

i myself m using SCI value of 1 on my hero and pre

Hey guys I have been travelling with my Htc hero and black berry will give my review ill be reaching back on 25th so if any specific has to be seen do let me know. I have travelled four states for business addicieted to my berry. Have used the hero for my business use. So guys waite up. Regards sharan

Slot cycle settings on handsets are usually over ridden by net work now a days. Lower the SCI loew the battery life. Most networks across the globe is using SLI as 2. Each number represnets 1.28 seconds. 2 means every 2.56 seconds handset will wake up to check network. If there is a mismatch between network and handset - and if network do not care for handset SLI then there are more chances if missed calls and excessive battery use.

It is a wonderful 3 weeks since I started using HTC Hero in Reliance.

First time in life I have been extremely happy with regard to HANDSET in CDMA.

Here I give my review,

1. I am really surprised at the great battery life I am getting. I never expected it to be sooo good.
  2. I have wifi in my home ,office and factory. So my wifi is mostly on
  3. Since it is a new phone, I am most of the time using it non-stop. My son and wife play games whenever I keep the phone down. I also have lot of voice calls. Despite this heavy usage the battery has never died. The battery should come for 1 and half days for this heavy usage. But I charge it every night since I have no time in the day time to charge
  4. Gmail, contacts, calendar, sms - synching is like eating ice cream. It is so smooth
  5. Android - I am really enjoying. Already I have downloaded so many games and applications from the market and so far all are free
  6. GPS and google maps are working fine
  7. Apps downloaded by me - Compass, Bubble - to check the level of the surface, Unit converter, SMS scheduler, Keeper- to store all passwords, Dictionary, Piano play, Coin flip, SMS back(Thanks Dhiraj), Personnal files - to hide and encrypt video and all files,
  8. I have not still loaded videos lot
  9. Audio quality through earphones is really good. I bought one original HTC headset from Bangalore National market
  10. Call audio quality is good
  11. Onscreen keypad took some time to adjust. But now it is very convinient

There should be some minus points too..

1. Still no Bluetooth file transfer
  2. Wifi is somewhat weak
  3. In calendar, you are not able to move from one day to another. U hv to come to the month view and then goto the next date. May be some othe calendar app should hv this option
  4. I have stored the mobile numbers in my contact starting with +91, 09 and 0091. When dialing numbers starting with +91, i get invalid number. In my earlier Nokia , I had no problem with this
  5. There is no equaliser in in built audio player. Any other good players with this option?

I forgot to mention about camera. It is again very much on the positive side. A flash would have made me through away my digi cam.

Overall I am very very satisfied with HTC Hero and I thank Sadik and all other forum members who helped me in deciding this handset.

Edited by pasumark

Nice Review,

I am also expecting my Hero in sometime and your review has made me more excited !

Thanks !

Battery life of Hero for me is not so great. I dont know why. Perhaps I am the only one who is not happy with battery life.

Adroid has matured a lot in due course and availability of apps is really amazing - since many of them are free, it serves purpose without having too much of overhead on resources.

However syncing with computer is not at all upto the mark. It can only sync COntacts and calender. No notes, no tasks.

Wi-Fi is really very very poor. My nokia N97 is atleast twice better than that of Hero - in terms of range and even speed.

Mail clients available on Hero are not great. I fail to understand why still there are not many mail clients supporting IMAP IDLE? Nokia N97 support IMAP IDLE out of box. WM and ANDROID do not.

I am struggling to :

1. find ways to save location on google maps.

2. To find ways to install apps on SD card There are ways but since learning Android (Linux) I am not feeling comfortable experimenting.

3. Ways to find sureshot ways to connect device to connect to htc sync on first attempt on WM7

Edited by kshah

1. I have stored the mobile numbers in my contact starting with +91, 09 and 0091. When dialing numbers starting with +91, i get invalid number. In my earlier Nokia , I had no problem with this

you may have tried but why dont you check international dial prefix policy

settings -> call setting ->plus code dialing -> Check north american dialing and set code to 00 in international dialing.

1. I have stored the mobile numbers in my contact starting with +91, 09 and 0091. When dialing numbers starting with +91, i get invalid number. In my earlier Nokia , I had no problem with this

you may have tried but why dont you check international dial prefix policy

settings -> call setting ->plus code dialing -> Check north american dialing and set code to 00 in international dialing.

Yes it is working.

Thanks Kshah

Edited by pasumark

need some help, in my hospital i can access the net only thorough a proxy. am not able to figure out how to set the proxy in my wifi connection. Neither the phone nor the browser gives the option of a proxy setting. :confuse:

use anycut from market

install it

go to create shorcut

choose proxy setting