Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandannasta

Medical Insurance

Please let me know which medical insurance is the best in today's time cashless. In terms of best means like you go in for operation at any hospital in Mumbai say for e.g lilavati and Hinduja or Asian Heart Institute or any high fi hospitals and medical insurance is covered. Also it should cover up most of the problems as per today's times.

Also Maximum how much medical insurance should an individual should go for as today in terms of Money.

Also when suggesting for medical insurance whichever is best let me know if you have personally tried it at any point of time and you got that free facility or did you have to pay any cash for it at any point of time in the hospital.

Two imp websites for you

www.policybazaar.com

www.click2insure.in

One of my business partner who was aged about 85years now and who was a retired as a Regional Manager of a

Nationalised Bank, told me NEVER GO TO A MEDICAL INSURANCE.

Now a days, hospitals were mostly commercial. If you have any insurance, at Hospital you have to tell first

about that insurance. Then costly and unnecessary tests will start. Some unnecessary tests will affect your

body.

All Insurances very complicated rules & regulations. To read and hear it looks nice. But in practical having

so many difficulties in claim settlements. One of my friend's hospitalisation bill of Rs.18000/- was rejected

as his Room rent is more than Rs.500 per day and as he not follow the rules, so entire bill rejected. One of

other friend got eye disease and got tobe operated. First he thought as he have insurance, gone to a big

coporate hospital at Madurai which is 14hours journey from his place and taken longer appointment and came

back to his native and again gone to Madurai and at that time, that concerned doctor gone to America and

misguided by hospital staff and taken a fresh appointment. (After back of America). And before operation

date he lost his one eye. All these happen only due to a notion of free big corporate services.

At the time of taking policy, you may read their entire rules and regulations. But at the time of disease

you may forgot some rules and regulations. So you have to refer all the rules atleast once in 3 months. And

you may got of suspicious feelings of some major diseases may be coming to you.

Follow the health tips regularly. And the major disease occurance percentage is one in lakh. Now a days

selecting a Doctor and Hospital to that disease is tough one. And at that time, for a particular insurance,

that hospital may not be eligible to have insurance facilities.

But ofcourse my friend this is only my view and my old aged partner's experienced view.

• Like 1

:previous:I completely disagree.

In today's environment where everything is commercialized and the cost of medical treatment is so high, one should have medical insurance at any cost. Insurance is also like a contract and if you dont remember the conditions in it, its not the Insurance Company's problem !

Insurance is given at certain terms and conditions and that you have to follow it to get the benefit and this is applicable to every kind of contract !

The first example you had given shows that the person has not followed the agreed conditions and its not Co's fault !

The second example has nothing to do with Insurance ! Though I sympathize with that person but its hospital's mistake.

I know, no insurance company will every be willing to pay for the insurance amount and will try everything to defer the payment but as a aware customer, you need to fight for it. Simply not taking the insurance is not the solution.

I have medical insurance with ICICI Lombard and I am satisfied with it though I had never claimed so far.

For comparison, you can go to www.apnainsurance.com

My personal thinking is, it depends on your age. Unlike normal insurance where your premium remains constant for all the term, in health insurance it keeps on increasing. So I think if you are in your 30's, and are healthy (i.e. work in decent area and have no harmful habit), the probability of getting a big disease is very very low. However, if you are travelling a lot, you should get accident insurance, available at very cheap price.

As age crosses 40-45, even you take care, some diseases may crawl over, and then you can take any suitable health insurance. Again, search the website extensively, and never rely on the agent's words.

1st thing that I'll suggest don't got with the private insurance companies specially ICICI. They give very good offers at the time if selling the policy but at the time of settelment they are worst. it's not just about the medical it about any insurance policy.

and health insurance are meant for major accidents and the critical diseases. you can go with any govt insurance.

Dear friend

I suggest you go to either Andhra Bank or Indian overseas bank and they are offering good group floater mediclaim policy upto 5 lakhs with about a premium of Rs.6000=00. There are no medical tests and it is very easy to obtain the policy. Being floater yourself, your spouse,your two children will be entitled for an amount upto 5 Laks. You can also add your parents also. Any one of you also can avail upto 5lakhs. Cost wise very cheap and they have tied up with nationalized insurance companies. I have been on this policy for the last 5 years from IOB. So far I have not claimed any thing. Even any claim is rejected maintain all the bills and you can proceed thru court of law. You can check this from their website also. IOB website is giving all the particulars.

Regards

Babulu

Edited by nellorian

I would like to suggest that, medical insurance is required in todays time,

As Saurabh said If you follow the conditions of insurance company all is good,

Also from my past experience i can say, go for government or semi-government companies,

Claim settlement will take time but you will get it for sure.

Also you may have to fight for it.

go to website mention by amit,

they will help you selecting the insurance company.

^^^ Me too interested in knowing about family floater plans..

But 5 lac seems to be an above average sum for a young family wanting a floater plan.

I guess 3 lacs would be ok even in case of accidents.

Now we see new players like Bharti-AXA & Apollo Medical Insurance.

Apollo sounds more promising - coming from a group being in Chain of Hospitals.

^^^ Me too interested in knowing about family floater plans..

But 5 lac seems to be an above average sum for a young family wanting a floater plan.

I guess 3 lacs would be ok even in case of accidents.

Now we see new players like Bharti-AXA & Apollo Medical Insurance.

Apollo sounds more promising - coming from a group being in Chain of Hospitals.

As medical cost in metros are expensive, I would suggest you to go for atleast 4 lacs cover. Also keep in mind that its floater plan, that means if 2 persons need to claim, then the cover may be inadequate.

I wont ever go for ICICI as I have heard that they don give the insurance amount at all and if they give they cut 75% of the amount which we have to pay in cash. So I wont ever go for their insurance.

But guys exactly which governmental Medical insurance is the best. Let me know about it. Also guys I want to start some investment. Let me know of any good schemes governmental which could provide good cash returns in 1 or 2 or 3 or 5 years. I can save every month 2k-3k from my salary and I want to invest it nicely in a smart way so that I could get high amount of returns at the end of the year and also I need a tax benefit on it.

Please check with Corporation Bank's Corpbank Mediclaim. It have a good insurance coverage in private hospitals also have low premium compare to other medical insurance schemes. But you should want to have an account with corporation bank to obtain this mediclaim.

I wont ever go for ICICI as I have heard that they don give the insurance amount at all and if they give they cut 75% of the amount which we have to pay in cash. So I wont ever go for their insurance.

But guys exactly which governmental Medical insurance is the best. Let me know about it. Also guys I want to start some investment. Let me know of any good schemes governmental which could provide good cash returns in 1 or 2 or 3 or 5 years. I can save every month 2k-3k from my salary and I want to invest it nicely in a smart way so that I could get high amount of returns at the end of the year and also I need a tax benefit on it.

ICICI is the worst choice for anything. Just keep away from them. But that does not mean all private insurers are bad. Service wise, they are much better than PSUs. Also, PSUs are also known to create issues at time of claims.

Edited by raccoon

^^^ I second that..

Imagine fighting for a claim with Govt. Officers.. will their CC be up to the mark.. will they reply to mails ?

So which private players do you recommend ?

He he... replying to mails is exactly a rational expectation from most PSUs.   :rofl_200:

Don't have any experience with health insurance in particular, but I'd go with the company's reputation, besides the premium and policy conditions. Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram, IFFCO Tokio should be a good bet.

I want to know the reviews about the apollo DKV I have heard that they are good

I also wanna hear about the apollo DKV I have heard that they are good but wanna know are they really good or not or just for the name sake. Also I wanna know if any 1 has really face any issues with Apollo DKV at ny point of time as I am thinking to buy insurance from them but wanna know should I really go for 10 lakhs insurance or not before consulting from you all every 1 in this forum.

^^^ I guess Apollo has just started advertising & maybe even their operations.. correct me if i'm wrong.

Difficult for someone to give a feedback so soon.

Are Apollo DKV and the new Apollo Munich the same company or have they already dumped the old partner DKV? The ads that we see now are the ones for Apollo Munich.

^^^ Oh i didn't even know Apollo was already in this business... irrespective of whom they partnered..

^^^^ I too saw the Apollo Medical insurance Advertisement recently, as mentioned earlier..

Its surprising how some companies aggressively advertise & some are content doing nothing..