Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
M.S.Rao

Sneak Peek Into Evdo Wireless Broadband Tariffs And Devices

While 3G spectrum auction is delaying every time it is scheduled, CDMA operators using its EVDO (Evolution-Data Optimized) technology have started to offer 3.1Mbps wireless broadband Internet to consumers.

The EVDO is very similar to 3G in terms of data connectivity or Internet Speed and to test the High Speed 3G Wireless Broadband without the 3G GSM service one can go for EVDO Data Service offered by various CDMA service providers. First look who are offering such wireless broadband Internet, Reliance Communications offers Netconnect Broadband+, TTSL-Photon+,Virgin Mobile (Under TTSL) vFlash, MTS India-Mblaze and State operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) EVDO Data Card.

I have summed up the USB device cost and Tariff Plans with comparison chart of all CDMA EVDO service providers of India. I take only volume based plans in consideration for comparison, no time based plans is considered for comparision.

Attached Comparative table between the operators.

Book1.xls

Edited by nlr2334481

I clearly mentioned the source in the title.

Done this to pass on information and further views of rimweb members

:previous:

Apologise Mr. Rao... I shall edit my post accordingly.. :)

• Like 1

Attached Comparative table between the operators.

Thanks for the info dude, BSNL is the best of lot but the only problem is reliability and the the speed too vary depending on area.

Great compilation

Is Reliance Expanding EVDO to more cities?

in Feb or March End Reliance will have a reach of 70+ Cities Sources : Management Talks !!

Jaldi aao... need evdo in meerut fast... abhi to delhi jaata hoon to bhi koi fayda nahin... r u listening hp.....

LOL

tab tak BSNL 3g se kam chalao

in Feb or March End Reliance will have a reach of 70+ Cities Sources : Management Talks !!

Your information must be right. Because today i have seen download speed of 80kbps and showing Hybrid on netconnect software. Which is first time in my place (udupi,karnataka)

May be on the first look, you may think MTS EvDO charges are similar to TATA and Reliance.

One key important point which you should remember is in TATA/Reliance the service is in postpaid but in MTS it's in prepaid.

Now if you include the service tax to the TATA/Reliance rental then you'll observe that MTS beats TATA/Reliance hands down.

The difference between MTS and TATA/Reliance varies between Rs.50 (in 512 MB plan ) to Rs. 425 (in 15 GB plan)

MTS EvDO coverage is also fast expanding and it covers currently 32 cities.

Here I'm attaching the comparison sheet for your reference.

EvDO.xls

Edited by kesav

Reliance do provide prepaid,

also tata photon prepaid availalbe in few circle,

tata photon prepaid default tariff is Rs1/mb

with lifetime validity

Edited by me_saket

I've also used the TATA/Reliance prepaid tariff in the "EVDO.xls" but nothing comes near MTS.

TATA/Reliance prepaid tariff's are just added version of their postpaid tariff.

Can you please provide any official link or online advertisement for "TATA photon+ prepaid default tariff at Re.1/MB with lifetime validity"

Edited by kesav

Bsnl is best to download movies.

Although they have enhanced unlimited plan to Rs. 900 a month, but still if u look at the download speed, its worth it.

I have downloaded at least 100 movies since i got it.

Its worth in every penny. Network connectivity never goes down,atleast for me for the past 6 months.

Now I've included BSNL also in the list(EVDO.xls).

Looks BSNL is the best by tariff-wise and next comes MTS.

still i would not like to buy and use BSNL

Your information must be right. Because today i have seen download speed of 80kbps and showing Hybrid on netconnect software. Which is first time in my place (udupi,karnataka)

started service in manglore

source

Reliance Communications has announced the roll-out of its CDMA wireless broadband service, Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus in Mangalore and Manipal with this the number of towns where this high speed service is available in Karnataka has increased to Four including Bangalore and Mysore which are currently operational and nationally in over 50 places.

Netconnect Broadband Plus has a downlink speed of upto 3.1 Mbps and a separate uplink speed of upto 1.8 Mbps, offering 30% higher downlink rate in comparison to any other wireless broadband offering.

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus will be available in 33 Reliance Mobile stores, 11 Reliance world outlets and 200 IT outlets across Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore, Manipal and Suratkal. The product is launched in two Plug and Play USB device variants.

Reliance is adopting an aggressive pricing strategy to enhance the market penetration of its wireless broadband service. The company is launching the product starting at a monthly subscription charge of Rs 299 offering complete freedom to pay on use basis. The company will also offer an Unlimited Night plan at Rs 499 per month.

manglore and manipal is added

I'm very much sure BSNL has more cities covered by EVDO than any other private operator.

But they're very poor in dissemination of information.

That's disgusting :(

Edited by kesav

kesav,

bsnl is not having highst EVDO coerage-city wise/tower wise too.

disgusting = BSNL from day-1

Now I've updated the EVDO.xls sheet with latest information from Virgin and BSNL.

Slowly the n/ws are also expanding with TATA/VIRGIN having covered 72 cities, MTS with 37 cities and RCOM with 40 cities (as per their website as on date).

I deeply request BSNL to place their EVDO coverage cities in their website for the cosumer's benefit.

Edited by kesav

after looking to sheet,

If u r looking for low(less than 1GB) usage then rcom is better.

If ur usage is moderate(1-5GB) then can go for Tata photon

If slight higher than moderate(2-10GB) then MTS is better.

BSNL is last choice if u r area is not covered by any of pvt ops then go for it./ or u got fooled by looking Rs750/999 for unlimited and ignoring cost of device RS5150.

Virgin is just alternative to Tata photon/ and good for night plan which tata doesn't provide.