Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harismahesh

Htc Touch Pro 2 - No Reviews Yet !

We had almost reviews about all the phones like : Htc 6700, HTC Mogul, HTC Touch, HTC Touch PRO, HTC Diamond, HTC Hero and so on..even big fights had happened between the phones..

But I wonder no one has posted a review about HTC TP II..what happened ??? :Chulo:

I guess the phone was overlapped by HERO, and more over all WM device have more or less same stuff, moreover from HTC you can trust quality.

Yup. 2 phones in same duration & attention gets distributed.

Google OS is getting all attention & rightly so... however does not take anything away from TP2.

Main drawbacks are resistive touch screen, weight of phone. Having said that, TP II is sports some slick hardware.(NEXUS ONE Launch has taken away the hardware attention as well).

aint no fun going back to wm until it takes a phenomenal leap in advancing its software...

so maybe a win mo 7 release might get back the interest to winmo devices

WM7 is not gong to be released before the end of 2010..that means we can expect only after 2011 !!!! :Contento:

:previous: I thought you already purchased HTC TP2?

guys i personally feel tp2 as per the reviews on cnet is the best

wm phone you can get. it also supports gsm n cdma both.

though gsm by sim and cdma by programming.

one of the best qwerty keyboards. evdo and 3g.

its superb. check it out on

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/htc-touch-pro2-sprint/4505-6452_7-33770281.html

i have already given my views abt tp2 on several ocassions

its not the best phone out there , its too bulky , big and sluggish

u get an advantage of gsm +cdma , and good loud speakers

infact i had both htc hero as well as tp2 in my hand when i wrote a review of htc hero ( u can see the pics that i loaded on reviews)

but i was so disappointed with tp2 i didnt even felt like writing a review

its screen is resistive , and several times i hit the wrong tab , and again and again i had to go back , and given the sluggishnes that it showed everytime i opened or closed something

if someone is a wm fan , buy it

or else buy htc hero or palm pre

@ Arun : No yaar....i didnt buy it...as we discussed in chat..so personal constrains :Chulo:

now i am about to buy a cdma handset.

by the way i gave back the non working omnia cdma to the seller.

but help me choose the best cdma can offer.

my prime interest is to be able use lot of online & offline applications.

as in network based and without network.

i thought tp2 was the best to pick as of now.

as hero processor gives sluggish android. then on android you cant

store the applications on the memory card. everything has to be on board.

which holds its horses for a app buff like me.

but a qualcomm 528 mhz works perfect for a wm 6.5 phone in tp2.

with the best qwerty keyboard till date.

if you think and have used and know better . then tell me

something other than both of these and of course available in india.

Thanks in advance.

:previous: lot are using HTC HERO and didnt have any problems yet. Go for Hero..thats my suggestion..

@vandan

Its your personal choice mate; but let me tell you I was using windows mobile for 5 years. My last phone was Touch Pro which in itself was a very capable machine. But after tasting Android, no way am I going back to WM. Hero's processor and ram is equal to TP2 and the size of applications if 5-10 times less. All applications are in bytes unlike windows which are in mb's. Android applications can be said to be similar to Palm applications. Very small in size & fast to install and uninstall.

If keyboard is a necessity then go for TP2 but be aware that its very bulky and will nowhere be as fast as Android for the reasons already detailed above. Also upgrades in Android will come much faster than in windows. Even WM7 whose all details are nearly out is no match for Android 2.1...

Is Android so superior to WM,as stated by many?If so,techies,please elaborate a little.

@Situ1962

Just look at Android section on main forum index page, you will get your answer !

after having used touch pro 2 for a while now but extensively. i can confirm its a brilliant handset and unlike hero the android phone, you dont have to remain stuck to little system memory to install applications. instead in windows mobile you can install stuff on your memory card. another thing you will notice that android has way too much ui customization which ends up complicating a normal user. as not all people look for smartphone just to fiddle with it all the time. windows mobile saves the day here and with brilliant htc sense UI, you never get lost or too much to change. its friendly and beautiful. the only reason essentially you will find users looking down upon windows mobile is its sluggishness. But let me assure you that if you download htc clear ram from htc addicts site. then this issue is taken care of . after its just party time. curently i m playing sony experia advanced games on this phone. using citibank mmobiloe software, dictionaries, voice commands, email, almost everything you need. yeah not forget fring to chat with my goodle, msn, friends. good luck.

• Like 1

^^^

roflmao

windows mobile saves the day here and with brilliant htc sense UI, you never get lost or too much to change. its friendly and beautiful.

On one hand you are criticizing the Android, on the other hand you are talking about Htc Sense UI as brilliant?

Dear WM uses Touch Flo 3D till now! Hope you understand the difference between TF3D which is used by WM and Sense UI which is used for Android

^^^

well he doesnt seem to have compared both hero and tp2 side by side , otherwise his review would have been something else

i have played with 3 tp2 , icluding gsm one , all i can say is

tp2 is a sluggish brick!!

My Big B is also using TP2! Even I think its pretty slow as compared to Hero! as well as bulky!

My vote is to Hero any day!

My Big B is also using TP2! Even I think its pretty slow as compared to Hero! as well as bulky!

My vote is to Hero any day!

i fail to comprehend your confined knowledge. with due regard to your expertise.

tell whoever you have seen using tp2 to upgrade to the latest rom available across the globe.

let me add dear that touch flo 3d was long ago quit by users everywhere to more advanced Sense UI 2.1 & 2.5

Also to add even the original carriers are using windows mobile 6.5 now.

Touch flow 3d was shunned with windows mobile 5 only.

For any amateur user on windows mobile let me inform once again. windows by microsoft has been sluggish

on every platform even on pcs. only with the dawn of windows 7 are we seeing some improvements but for

starters there is a very popular application called HTC clean RAM which is a must for windows mobile to

get rid of the so called sluggishness.

its seems you guys have not even tweaked ever with the windows running on your desktop, you have to always

tweak your OS to get optimum performance.

as far as the new baby android is concerend, you must know that

the hero is not equipped with a proximity sensor, so it won't lock the screen when you hold it up to your ear during phone calls

where as tp2 has it. and you tell me that i have not used it but you have used both.

how would you justify not being able to upgrade it to the latest and much updated android version 2

instead of being stuck on 1.5 which hero has. the poor battery life in comparison to tp2. the lack of world phone

capability so you dont remain stuck just on cdma even after spending so much. what do you do when you system memory

reaches its limit and you still have more things to install. i guess probably you guys never even install 3rd party

apps.

guys no personal grudge but you seem to be newbies to me as far using smartphones is concerened. i know the looks have

all the jazz but we arnt ladies. if you are tech savvy hero with such limitations cant suffice. its still is in its

developing stage. there's no syncing software to help you manage and transfer your music. As it is right now, you

have to use the old drag-and-drop method using the USB cable. It'd also be great to have a file manager so we could

more easily find files from our SD card.

if you regret having used tp2, contact me for possibilities beyond your imagination. things you can put to use.

Cheers

• Like 1

^^^

LMAO

:Contento: :Contento:

i am glad atleast someone called us amateur

Hey Doc

Just take vandie's comments with a pinch of salt.

He is a die hard fan of windows Mobile.

It will take him so more time to adjust to the changing scenerio.

Usko ukse haal par chor do........................

^^^

well he doesnt seem to have compared both hero and tp2 side by side , otherwise his review would have been something else

i have played with 3 tp2 , icluding gsm one , all i can say is

tp2 is a sluggish brick!!

I am using both too, let me tell you the latest ROM update of Hero is the slowest ROM i have seen, even beats my I-mate JAM from 10 yrs back. TP2 is a lot better, lots of tweeking and stuff.