Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Idea Cellular Offer In Kolkata

Idea Cellular in Kolkata Local calls at 1p/2sec,free SMS & solve network issue

Idea Cellular has launched new 2-in-1 special tariff voucher packs for its prepaid customers in Kolkata and West Bengal. These new STVs is to cut down local call rate and offering free SMS . Idea Cellular entered Kolkata & WB’s GSM market just few days after launching of Tata DoCoMo in Kolkata.

Idea gets its network from Indus towers; though operating in 1800 MHz caused indoor signal problem. While Tata Docomo in Kolkata gets the advantage of Tata-Quippo Towers, though they are also in 1800 Mhz spectrum.

Idea Cellular now take a aggressive marketing strategy which starts with the launch of two new special tariff vouchers targeting those who are in per minute or per second tariff plan. Details of these packs:

Recharge Voucher Rs 33

All Local calls at 30p/min

After 1st two SMS charged at 60p, next 100 SMS is free

Validity 30 days

Recharge Voucher Rs 46

All Local calls at 1paisa/2 seconds

After 1st two SMS charged at 60p, next 100 SMS is free

Validity 30 days

Idea Cellular took another initiative to solve network issues, call toll-free Idea customer care service 12345 from your Idea connection, and choose the option to record your feedback after the beep sound record your address, building name and area. Idea will take care to solve your network problem.

network problem solving part is a great initiative.

who is leading in kolkata?

idea or docomo

Wtf?! This sux! Idea is reducing tariffs elsewhere, but here in Mah & Goa circle, though they have the best network, the tariffs for both voice and data are totally uncompetitive!

The lowest call charge you can get is still 50 p, (with some STV) but 1st local and 1st STD min. is charged at Re. 1 and Rs. 1.5 respectively. :Decepcionado:

Idea Maharashtra is sleeping?! :sleep1:

Edited by raccoon

Do u know it is due to pressure of TRAI to all operator to give quaterly report of network,customer service etc.it is due to heavy complain to TRAI by the customer through letter and e mail about the unsatisfied service of the operator. Letter isued to airtel,reliance,idea.vodafone,bsnl to give the performance and cc execution and calldrop and conjuction report and what is the major done by operator.

Edited by nayasaroj

MTS gives the same tariff (1p/2sec local calls) but with lifelong tariff validity with MCard 95.... I think its cheaper.. But its a new entrant in Kolkata region, so network coverage problems must be there..

Wtf?! This sux! Idea is reducing tariffs elsewhere, but here in Mah & Goa circle, though they have the best network, the tariffs for both voice and data are totally uncompetitive!

The lowest call charge you can get is still 50 p, (with some STV) but 1st local and 1st STD min. is charged at Re. 1 and Rs. 1.5 respectively. :Decepcionado:

Idea Maharashtra is sleeping?! :sleep1:

Thast why i dislike Idea and love Reliance . i have 7 Connection Postpaid old number and i kinda stucked in Idea.

:previous: But Idea is far more reliable than Reliance! Thats why I still have to use Idea as my main phone and not RGSM. Of course RCDMA is as good for voice... but then it has many other drawbacks...

But if this significant tariff disparity continues, then an operator change will be on the cards.