Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

BSNL Provide EVDO In SIM

The BSNL customer care in the number 0471-2544050 vehemently denies that there is a pre-paid service in cdma mobile segment. When i told her that the BSNL national website advertises it with super tariff plans like Azadi 210, she blatently told me that the information is wrong!!!!!Such idiotic people who don't read their own website are the curse of BSNL. If the Kerala circle of BSNL starts issuing CDMA RUIMs, I will be the first among to subscribe one.

:previous: I will beat you to it :grin:

I cant help being curious about their tariff plans - After pay-per-call from TI and similar tempting ones from Rel, what else is left to attract subscribers. They too might jump on to the 30p/min CDMA norm :Contento:

Here comes another breaking news for prepaid BSNL EVDO.

On annual payment, you get annual unlimited which on monthly calculation works out to be Rs. 625+tax

Pay Rs. 8275(inc. tax) and get one year unlimited.

SImilarly for preapaid BSNL CDMA1x,

On annual payment, you get annual unlimited which on monthly calculation works out to be Rs. 293+tax

Pay Rs. 3875(inc. tax) and get one year unlimited.

http://bsnl.co.in/service/internet_on_cdma.htm

Edited by kesav

sorry off topic query : but is anybody else also facing problems in opeing bsnl website using rconnect ???

I am facing problem opening BSNL web page using BSNL broadband surprising na

Here is a slew of promotional offers on BSNL CDMA prepaid.

The offers range from free RUIM(with talktime of Rs. 20) to STD Azadi pack(Onnet(L&S) - Free, Offnet(L&S) - 30p) at Rs. 300

http://bsnl.co.in/service/Promotional_offer_CDMA.htm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Does any operator (either CDMA or GSM) have guts to meet this tariff?

Really Really a very good news for CDMA.

CDMA is here in India to stay .......

Edited by kesav

If BSNL existing postpaid customer (landline/GSM/CDMA) takes RUIM connection then call charges from RUIM to that postpaid connection will be free.

Really good offers in CDMA by BSNL.

Go for it! :)

Dear karthik, is pre-paid ruim available in trivandrum or cochin? Can we use it all over Kerala?

:previous:

My search for BSNL RUIM during the month of jan was largely futile. I had gone through their offices at Pattom and the one opposite old Secretariat (tvm). There one guy seemed so convinced that cdma and gsm are the same and tried to trick me into buying their 3G SIM!

Such misinformed staff - just imagine their respone if we contact them for technical assistance like for activating foreign handset in their network :angry: dropped the plan to migrate then and there itself.

Since no living soul that I know of is using this cdma offering from bsnl, I wont be capable of passing judgement on their coverage or network quality. It is claimed to be available throughout Kerala..

previous.gif Years ago, we had a BSNL CDMA handset (Tarang). As far as I can recall, the voice clarity was good. Signal intensity was great everywhere at home... and the very few places I had personally taken it to (I was using it for a very short time). Overall, it was way, way better than their pathetic GSM service. As of now, the only people I'v seen using BSNL CDMA are their own staff like the linesmen, etc. I wonder how/why they keep their CDMA network alive.... just for their own staff?? confused.gif Never ever seen or heard anyone else using it. Edited by raccoon

^

Tarang is not CDMA per se, it is WLL, remember the early RIM numbers starting with 3? Same technology.

Oh yes... thats right. Been quite smetime... forgot that it was CDMA WLL. It wasn't supposed to work outside city limits. But do they (BSNL) have a "normal" CDMA service with which you can roam across towns?

WLL = CDMA but it not latch to out city SDCA

previous.gif Years ago, we had a BSNL CDMA handset (Tarang). As far as I can recall, the voice clarity was good. Signal intensity was great everywhere at home... and the very few places I had personally taken it to (I was using it for a very short time). Overall, it was way, way better than their pathetic GSM service. As of now, the only people I'v seen using BSNL CDMA are their own staff like the linesmen, etc. I wonder how/why they keep their CDMA network alive.... just for their own staff?? confused.gif Never ever seen or heard anyone else using it.

I agree with you, Raccoon. BSNL's Tarang and MTNL's Garuda were great but were not promoted at all. BSNL's 1X is almost omnipresent, but they didn't try to push either the FWT or the Tarang mobile as good services. Only they used to provide these WLL service to those places where laying cable for landline was not cost effective.

^

Tarang is not CDMA per se, it is WLL, remember the early RIM numbers starting with 3? Same technology.

Tarang is very much CDMA. The Fixed Wireless Telephone (FWT) phone of BSNL a la TataIndicom's Walky (using basically the same instrument, LG LSP 450T) as well as Tarang (CDMA mobile) and also MTNL's Garuda mobile, all use CDMA WLL (Wireless in Local Loop)technology, only point is that the FWT and Tarang are latched to one LSA by technical programming (roaming is not allowed) and that's why local landline tariff is allowed on these connections. For example, a Tarang CDMA mobile in Kolkata circle (STD 033)can be used anywhere from Budge Budge in the south to Kalyani in the north or from Barasat in the east to Uluberia in the west. But it doesn't work in West Bengal circle. The hardware in Tarang mobile is capable of working in any CDMA network but it is restricted in one circle through software programming. Thus the area of coverage of a Tarang mobile depends upon the jurisdiction of the STD code of that LSA where it has been subscribed. Larger the LSA, more mobile it behaves.

In fact, any CDMA mobile handset available in the market can be used as Tarang mobile, but BSNL will not allow that.

In fact, any CDMA mobile handset available in the market can be used as Tarang mobile, but BSNL will not allow that.

Are you sure? I faintly recall that BSNL allowed you to get your own handset. Can't recall for sure though. Which raises another question - is the programming (to restrict usage within the LSA) on the handset or the network?

BSNL's Tarang uses CDMA2000 1X/IS-95A/ WLL / 800 MHz which was launched in March 2005 on an infrastructure by ZTE.

Any 800MHz handset can be programmed as Tarang, technically it is feasible, but commercially not ;)

^

Sougata I know WLL technology still thanks for explaining, AFAIK 033 WLL will work till Kalyani not beyond - what I meant to say is that Tarang is not CDMA FWP/mobile commercially wherein you can use it across circles (though MDA did circumvent that, remember the 40p STD scheme, RIM introduced WLL and allowed national roaming using BSNL network, all was good till some BSNL guy found out).

Hey I think BSNL have launched their Full CDMA service quietly.

see the screen capture from BSNL website & the link http://bsnl.in/service/wll_tariffcard_pre.htm shows charges for roaming :)

and in second image from Telecomtalk.info website it is shown with MSC codes for CDMA service is Haryana circle..(source http://telecomtalk.info/india-mobile-operator-codes/)

post-30262-0-83398500-1304395680_thumb.p

post-30262-0-00177800-1304395825_thumb.p

Edited by techlive

It's quite old....

BSNL has full mobility on CDMA for quite long.....This topic(EVDO/CDMA SIM) is on the full mobility only....

It's quite old....

BSNL has full mobility on CDMA for quite long.....This topic(EVDO/CDMA SIM) is on the full mobility only....

Thanks kesav but is it full like as in tata indicom/mts etc or only within SDCA

BSNL has 2 versions similar to TATA Indicom & RCOM CDMA

1) SDCA based

2) Full Mobility

SDCA based::

It's similar to TATA Walky and RCOM FWP.

It's network locked non-RUIM based bulky instrument which will work in your SDCA only

Full Mobility::

It's pure mobile service with all possibilities like roaming etc.,

It's OMH RUIM based which means you can buy any OMH based devices in the open market and insert BSNL's OMH RUIM which will give 1x data or EVDO depending on your geography.

They also sell 1x and EVDO USB modems in full mobility for data usage alone.

Edited by kesav

but they never advertise the full mobility one, that's the way BSNL works

recently purchase BSNL OMH RUIM.

schem as under

EVDO :

Sl No.

Particulars

EVDO

Sales price of data card in Rs.(incllusive of all tax)

2500*

Activation charges in Rs.

Free

Activation charges in case customer brings his own data card in Rs.

Initial usage value with card in Rs.

Validity of initial talk value in days

50 days

Data usage charges (peak hour)

Rs.0.05/100KB

Data usage charges (Off-peak hour- 11.00 PM to 07.00 AM)

Rs.0.025/100 KB

Normal recharge top ups applicable to CDMA/WLL Voice Plans will be allowed under NIC & EVDO Card

paid : rs 350

Recived OMH sim card,

SIM activated next day with Rs750 plan. Balance is showing negative 750. ( sadly , Rs399 tt and 50days validity not got)

Then recharge with Rs 830, got full TT of rs830 ( currenly going on scheme), out of which 750 got deducted. and rs 80 is remained.

then internet started,

speed is upto 2mbps only.

local incoming and outgoing call are going as per default rate mentioned in prepaid tariff of CDMA WLL.

sms not working.

overall experienced: below average.

service not activated immediately,

free benefit not given

selling agent was unaware of fact that RCV 830, was exist. so i make recharge with my own risk.

sms not working

call rate high

customer care number is 1502, ALL foolish people are sitting.

speed never crossed 2mbps.

ONLY THING WHICH IS GREAT IS UNLIMITED BROADBAND WITH NO FUP.

In yet another surprising move, BSNL has introduced different data plans for EVDO prepaid.

Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic

:Contento::Contento::Contento:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

500 MB -->150

1 GB -->250

2.5 GB -->500

Unlimited -->750

The above rates are cheaper than their own postpaid rates...........

http://bsnl.co.in/service/internet_on_cdma.htm#'>http://bsnl.co.in/service/internet_on_cdma.htm#

Why on earth they're not advertising such pro-consumer moves widely?

these are are not including service tax, so if u r going for unlimted plan 750, then u must have RS750 main balance in ur account,

so 750+st = RS827, and same way it goes to other plan.

Here comes another breaking news for prepaid BSNL EVDO.

On annual payment, you get annual unlimited which on monthly calculation works out to be Rs. 625+tax

Pay8275(inc. tax) and get one year unlimited.

SImilarly for preapaid BSNL CDMA1x,

On annual payment, you get annual unlimited which on monthly calculation works out to be Rs. 293+tax

Pay3875(inc. tax) and get one year unlimited.

http://bsnl.co.in/service/internet_on_cdma.htm

i have made new calculation for annual plan.

promo scheme

so first get new sim by paying Rs350,

then rechage with Rs221. see below

) Promotional Offer for Recharge Voucher/Top-up/Flexi Top Up under CDMA prepaid services:

Full Talk value equal to MRP will be offered on all the Recharge Coupon Vouchers.

50% Extra talk value will be offered on all the Top Ups and Flexi Top Ups.

Note: Where ever, the talk value offered with RCV/top-up vouchers are more than the above offered values, the higher talk value already offered will prevail.

link

iii) Validity Recharge Vouchers:-

Voucher denomination in Rs.

S.Tax in Rs.

MRP of Voucher in Rs. (R. off)

Validity in days

Usage Value in Rs.

u will get Rs221 TT with 365 days validity,

then top up with RS 5590

) Promotional Offer for Recharge Voucher/Top-up/Flexi Top Up under CDMA prepaid services:

Full Talk value equal to MRP will be offered on all the Recharge Coupon Vouchers.

50% Extra talk value will be offered on all the Top Ups and Flexi Top Ups.

Note: Where ever, the talk value offered with RCV/top-up vouchers are more than the above offered values, the higher talk value already offered will prevail.

on top up u will get TT 8385

so total TT 8385+221+399 = 9005

total validity : 50+365= 415

total cost : 350+221+5590= 6161.

and u will get unlimited plan for 1 year at just Rs 513/month.

BSNL CDMA EVDO, chepest broadband with NO FUP .

• Like 1

My only issue with BSNL CDMA is its pathetic coverage.

There's also no consolidated list of EVDO coverage towns anywhere in their websites except for circles like Maharastra, Chennai & Kerala.

I didn't see any increase of EVDO coverage in the last 2 years.