Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greatest

Suggestion for a good Digital Camera

Hello Friends...

My dad will be going to Europe now, and I want him to get one Digital Camera for us... It is not for any professional use, but normal use... Simply outings, some small functions, etc...

My requirements,

1) Slim

2) Not a small screen

3) Steady shot/blur reduction/red eye, etc... it should be stable in these conditions (Because I am not a good photographer, and the camera might shake and the pics get blurred) :)

4) Zoom is not a necessity. If its there, it'll be an advantage

5) FLASH, a must.

6) Good Battery life. It should have those AA or AAA batteries... it should have the ones that come specially for that particular camera

7) Memory card should be a 'common' one, like SD card, or microsd, etc.. Should be eligible to have more than 8 GB if possible..

8) Should have a carry pouch

9) Budget under 15K

Thats it... I dont think the list is exhaustive... I am bored of doing some research... So thought that I am sure some of our friends in rimweb must have done some research or bought one anytime lately, so i might as well take their help ;)

So shoot your comments.. :)

not only exaustive, its a spec for best camara - if any one is making at all.

in your budget I am sure you will get good camara. Now a days, Olympus, Canon and Nikon are very aggressive and makes good camara.

2 weeks back I bought Olympus FE 4000

12 MP, 4X optical zoom, 2 GB card (It uses xD card but comes with adaptor for micro SD card.) and supports SDHC cards.

2.7 " LCD

Image stabilization

AF tracking

face detection

However it uses lithium ion battery (Capable of taking 300 hots in ideal condition)

Price 7k from croma

I would say don't bother too much about batteries. You can always buy a second lithium battery for a few hundreds. The camera using lithiums is very slim as compared to AA. I have a 570IS that uses AA, so speaking from experience!

^^ from my experience, I also have a canon (6.2MP) and it uses rechargeable AA batteries... and they drain very very fast... it doent even last for like 50-75 shots... i keep changing them also often, i mean buy new ones and discard old ones...

Isiliye i wanted a camera-specific battery.. I am sure they have enough juice to keep u going...

thanks for the suggestion Kshah.. It would indeed help others also to chooose for a camera if they plan to buy one anytime soon.. :) Will keep your suggestion of olympus...

Some Models for you-

Panasonic Lumix TS1

Canon Powershot S90

Fujifilm Finepix F200EXR

Well I don't think digi-cams are cheap in Europe...you will get better rates with full warranty here in India itself...if warranty doesn't matters then you can buy cam from Europe...just my 2 cents...

Edited by konquerror

check samsung st1000 with bluetooth, touch screen, wifi for face book etc and gps for geo tagging. not available in india with samsung otherwise cost somewhere around 300 dollars at ebay. I am checking with one of my freind in dubai to get one for me. I think it will meet all your requirments at the best. If you have someone settled abroad, get thru him as personal baggage, it is very nice product in this range.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/camera-camcorder/digital-cameras/compact/EC-ST1000BPBGB/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=features

Tarun

Edited by tarun_kabra

I will suggest you to go for Sony T series camera (DSC-T900/S or DSC-TX1/N)... Its really slim with large display.. will suite ur requirement except for the AAA battery and Memory card...

From my experience you can take 200-250 photos with a single recharge of the alkaline battery so... battery should not be an issue

Edited by prafull4u

Movie:

I bought the canon Legria200 for my daughter and son in law. I think it is excellent. It is card based (only) and excellent.

Still:

I recently bought a Canon Powershot SX120IS and love it. the SX20IS is even greater but then costs about 10k more. To me penlight cell operation is a must.

Edited by sgiitk

I will suggest you Sony H-20, if you can stretch your budget about 2000 (will cost you around 17000).

Dont go after megapixel blindly.

Go for digital SLR camera Canon or Nikon

Otherwise just buy any Dcam for rs3000 it will do the job you espect.

Thank you very much everyone... I think I have a full list of cameras... and Ill have to make a comparison chart..

Thanks a lot once again.. :)

Keep 'em coming though.. :)

OLYMPUS FE-26

12MP / 3X OPTICAL ZOOM / 2.7" LCD

& Other like AF TRACKING / FACE DETECTION etc etc

Got @ Rs 4000/- only from PANTALOONS (special offer at that time)

See the attchached picture taken with AF TRACKING taken by me & not to mention I am like u too with blurred hand.

post-17867-126874900506_thumb.jpg

Ok Guys.. My father came back from Germany, and didnt buy any camera from there :(

After further investigation, I got to know that they are hell costly there...Pranav (konquerrer) ka post was apt in my case.. Thanks mate..

Now I have decided to buy a Canon (after a lot of debate with my friends who are professionals).. Now I have started loving this model Canon IXUS 210.. Small Review

I am not able to find this in my area (Rajkot), maybe because this is a relatively new camera... Can someone, who might be a dealer/wholesaler of Canon products help me in finding this ubercool thing?? Ive found out in ebay HK, one guy is selling this camera..

Yaha pe mil jaayee toh acha hoga... :)

Thanks in advance...

Canon are best with the cams.

Though they are hell expensive and compromising a negligible margin. I would suggest to go for Nikon.

Model is to be decided on your own but I could tell the +ves and -ves.

@kunal

I'm IN also if u get a good deal on 2...

have u checked with cannon showroom near you ?

^

lol.... we dont buy goods at showrooms... we look for bargain deals...

I was in touch with this guy.. They are in Japan.. And he is selling japanese wala version... He will also send goods only through EMS.. U know how ems s**ks here in India... I asked him for fedex/DHL, and he replied its damn costly.. like 200$..

There is another one.. check this.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400113499392&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT (its his Australia listing) and this is his USA listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290421801653&_rdc=1

Fu**er has more than 30,500 feedbacks.. 99.6% positive..

This guy is form HK and also more reliable than the japanese... He also will send it through Fedex/DHL.. so no jhanjhat, plus he has agreed to lower value the package and gift it.. He only has Black color in stock..

Im game.. let me know... i can ask him for a better deal for 2...

^

let me check locally also; as nowadays on cameras etc. price differential is very less or none at all... will let you know after inquiring my sources at Palika Bazar...

@kunal

Just checked; IXUS210 is available at Palika Bazar; Gtalk with me and we will discuss further...