Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhay

Wireless Netway By Reliance Based On 3g Tecnhology

IMAGINE: all the netway services with much higher bandwidth than expected much better and centralized monitoring of services and a better and almost 100% uptime. and all these services just a plug away from your USB device with rates which no other operator could compete with and your local cable operator as well as the your ISP vanished from the face of this earth like a dino;) looks like a dream huh ?

Yup frndz after writing a few lines of my views towards last mile connectivity & mso's problems that reliance is facing i thought of doing some GOOGLE on my theory and thought may be we should have a new topic on this one and this is what is found out!!!

There is a technology called '3g' that behaves much the same way that I wanted internet to be.

1) In mobile telephony, third-generation protocols support much higher data rates, measured in Mbps, intended for applications other than voice. 3G networks trials started in Japan in 2001. 3G networks are expected to be starting in Europe and part of Asia/Pacific by 2002 and in the US later. 3G will support bandwidth-hungry applications such as full-motion video, video-conferencing and full Internet access. 1G, 2G, 2.5G, IMT-2000, UMTS, WCDMA, www.3gpp.org

2) Third generation WWAN communications systems that are characterized by high-speed data rates (144 Kbps to 2+ Mbps) suitable for multimedia content. 3G technologies typically are packet-switched and use CDMA to communicate

These are some of the highlights to it. I need even more people to find more about it and tell us about your views about "if the technology is merged with reliance and if gives us netway totally wireless"

Here are some highlights which you may like to start with http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+3g&meta=

High speed data.. hmm

Sounds intresting.. Hope these dreams come true!! :clap:

High speed data.. hmm

Sounds intresting.. Hope these dreams come true!! :clap:

19984[/snapback]

3G is starting out in Europe. WiMax is on its way. Wireless is the future. Or, is it? :D

dudes this should be the technology opted by reliance if it need to win the battle fully!!!! once it has been installed there would be a much much less installation and mentaince costs & one of the main reasons y netway is being delayed will be no more a problem "last mile connectivity".

think about it if reliance is himself the operator as well as distributor of the services on overall basis this would be a better option

like i'm staying in kandiwali (e) now !! there is practically no way for a internet connection @ my home. except for some ~!@!@@#$#$% isp's that are there here.

with wireless technology this problem would be eliminated for lakhs of geniune customers like me.

what say isint it worth investing in the future of technologies or old "broadband bharat" & since we are starting it so we do have the advantage to start from the best avilible technology

Edited by abhay

I dont know when Reliance will launce wireless broadband internet.. But I heard that some company called strix system is launching wireless internet in mumbai through WiMax technology...

Cheers!!

Edited by vmsanghrajka

I dont know when Reliance will launce wireless broadband internet.. But I heard that some company called strix system is launching wireless internet in mumbai through WiMax technology...

Cheers!!

Sometimes i wonder are we indians are really in 21st century ??

Cheers!!

http://www.strixsystems.com/

did a little a RND on strix systems its a US based company!! they are into WIMAX right!! but its a US company they alone cant launch it (FDI problem) they have to patner with some local player or some national player!!!

if with national player it would be country wide deployment not just city wide :quest:

whens it launching! :angry:

haan bas kal parsoo launch karta hun!!! ill make u the head of BROADBAND PLANS of the company

im sure the first and only plan u r gonna launch is

1) 512 k UNlimited

2) public IP

3) wireless (wimax if possible)

hehehe isint it ??

and yup i forgot to mention the same upload speeds as download << nowadays upload speeds is as imp as download speeds

and that to @ dirrrt cheap rates

## meri company 2 din mein bankrupt ho jayegi :angry:

Edited by abhay

Cheers!!

http://www.strixsystems.com/

did a little a RND on strix systems its a US based company!! they are into WIMAX right!! but its a US company they alone cant launch it (FDI problem) they have to patner with some local player or some national player!!!

if with national player it would be country wide deployment not just city wide :(

Yup u rite.. they r launching it in association with local player i.e. lifestyle networks.. its a new company so u wont find any website.. lifestyle will start pilot tests next month n u can expect commercial launch within 3 months..

they plan 2 cover south mumbai in phase I and thn central mumbai n suburbs.. but their implementation phase is goin 2 b very fast.. their target is 2 accuire atleast 10000 connections in 1st year..

n how come i kno so much abt it.. is coz i might b parterning this company through franchise route..

Cheers!!

P.S: i ll keep u guys posted as n whn i kno more...

Edited by vmsanghrajka

groovy man!!!!!

wireless internet !! almost 99% uptime !! high speed internet man am in in china :(:help:

1) dude is the for consumers or buissness!! thats a major criteria!! coz there are companiles like tulipstar it services who use ONLY wireless for LASTMILE but only for corporate customers

2) hehe hell yeah their implementtion has to be fast!! i mean what they have to do after all!! put one WIMAX tower for the whole city :lol::angry:

EDIT :- thanks for the info vmsanghrajka keep posting

Edited by abhay

Oye...abhay enough of making fun of me... :(

vmsanghrajka, dude, what is important is not the delivery medium. What is important is the cost. What will be the approx cost for a 256Kbps or better connection? Will it be unlimited? Will I have a public IP? Will there be data / port caps??? And with wireless comes two major problems: 1) Security 2) Reliability. If I get weak signals / bad signals then what should I expect from my connection??

hehehe kiddin man!!

i can answer half of them

1) Security :- if its WIMAX !!@ intel gives u the garantee !!! read the documentation + case studies on WIMAX website

2) Reliability yup some problem might be there!!! dint do much research on it!! but as far as i know WIMAX is ment for city wide deployment so this should'nt be a problem < the tech developers have taken care for high rises and obstacles etc etc etc

3) 256Kbps or better connection == i doubt it will be more than 256 k!! itna hi mil jaye toh bhaut hai!!! WIMAX is ment for high speed wireless internet << this means once WIMAX is deployed it dosent matter that u give a 1 mbps line or 256k line!!

4) unlimited :- well i think it could be unlimted connection coz other providers are providing it!! so they are not going out of the market trends (bandwidth wise) but that all depends the on WIMAX costs!! i mean buying the tech and stuff

though running costs are LOWEST in wimax i dont know about fixed costs

5) Will there be data / port caps? >> as i said earliear if BSNL + sify + tata + airtel + even the local cable operators are providing unlimited 256 k its obvious that they will and most importantly can provide unlimited 256k

6) Will I have a public IP? >> dont really know about costs of a public ip :(

i think that should solve ur queries

hey linux BTW theres one ? that awaits ur answer over here :lol::angry:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&s...indpost&p=62081

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&s...indpost&p=62089

Edited by abhay

groovy man!!!!!

wireless internet !! almost 99% uptime !! high speed internet man am in in china :grin::lol:

1) dude is the for consumers or buissness!! thats a major criteria!! coz there are companiles like tulipstar it services who use ONLY wireless for LASTMILE but only for corporate customers

2) hehe hell yeah their implementtion has to be fast!! i mean what they have to do after all!! put one WIMAX tower for the whole city :grin::grin:

EDIT :- thanks for the info vmsanghrajka keep posting

yup abhay wireless net wit probably 99% uptime.. its going 2 b for individual customers n for corporates.. prices r still not avaliable wit me.. but by wht i m assured is tht its goin 2 b quite fair n resonable..

so lets wait n keep ur fingers crossed coz somethin gr8 is on tha way!!

CHeers for tht!!