Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Verizon HTC Incredible - The Beefed Up CDMA Nexus 1

S off or S On status remains unchanged.

You will loose root and will have to root again.

I personally did not find any major difference in battery life while there is a marginal improvement in speed.

S off or S On status remains unchanged.

You will loose root and will have to root again.

I personally did not find any major difference in battery life while there is a marginal improvement in speed.

My phone is not rooted so how do you advise on backing up the apps that cannot be moved to sd card. Also did any of your settings like min prl etc needed to be restored again. And finally is there a way to revert back to stock 2.2 after this.

Finally did the upgrade it was smooth :thumb: But make sure that you backup your contacts and sms. Also I lost all the apps on my phone though I was prepared for it I am not sure why I am not able to use the apps that were installed on my sd card ??? :confuse:

Now if you ask me about the experience to be frank I did feel increase in speed and battery life may be due to all the apps being removed :)

The font of the icons as well as over all sense UI has improved size wise and the stock internet browser as well as the Facebook app now works great. Previously i was not able to click on the message tab on the fb application and have noticed the same over a friends phone too. I miss the option to switch on and off mobile data holding the power button. However a new option has been added wherein you can just close all applications and restart the phone.

P.S I did not find any issues with contacts being messed with a prefix it works like a charm. :clap:

To switch on and off data use the data toggle widget.

I have +91 prefix on most of my contacts on my Incredible 2. No problems call. Assisted dialling off, country set to India (404). Automatically converts +91 to 0091!.

@Vinay: Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Prefixer has absolutely solved my problem.

@Mujeeb: My phone was not rooted, hence S-On. Also there is increase in the speed of my phone. Have not seen any drastic difference in the battery life of the phone. The main reason for my update was that all my messages used to get deleted now and then. It was a known issue with DInc and many people had that problem. Could not find any solution for that. Hope that after this update that problem would be solved.

To switch on and off data use the data toggle widget.

@Vinay: Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Prefixer has absolutely solved my problem.

@Mujeeb: My phone was not rooted, hence S-On. Also there is increase in the speed of my phone. Have not seen any drastic difference in the battery life of the phone. The main reason for my update was that all my messages used to get deleted now and then. It was a known issue with DInc and many people had that problem. Could not find any solution for that. Hope that after this update that problem would be solved.

@santanu Thank you for the suggestion. However, I am already using that widget. I am sure though you do understand that it was much more convenient through the power button.

@manujgupta So we both agree that there is indeed an improvement in the speed. Now on the battery part as i said earlier it could be because I had hell lot of apps that were running the background which have been wiped after this update. Though it can also be a placebo effect on me. Further did you too lose any apps that were installed on SD card earlier.

P.S I too have faced the issue wherein I lost all the sms stored in my cell. However as I had backed up most of it so it was not a big deal!

I have a very strange problem in my incredible since first day... My camera photos disappears from gallery after 1 or 2 hrs of clicking... I could not find any solution on net tried so many roms currently on skyraider 4.2.... Any help guys???

have been waiting for official release.. but still no sign of it.. :(

btw.. would d official release b a bit different den the leaked ruu mentioned here??

kindly answer.. so dat i can decide whether to wait or install leaked ruu as per instructions given in previous posts..

my phone is rooted and s-off.. i did read that s-off status will remain as it is but root will go.. so wish to know, will i be able to root again after updating wid leaked ruu?? if yes.. would be thru unrevoked or other method?? kindly post the link for rooting through other methods..

the leaked ruu is rootable through unrevoked.. pls. check xda site..

even i'm waiting for the official OTA..

sent from my AnDRoid6300 using tapatalk...

:previous:

Would be able to get the official OTA once it is released now that we have the leaked RUU. Or is possible to roll back to froyo and then get the official OTA.

@mujeeb: I too had my sms's backed up, but its annoying to wake up and see that all your sms are gone and then waste time on restoring them.

I faced my first issue with the leaked ROM. My DInc crashed couple of time while using the camera. The screen froze for a minute and then the phone shut down. On restarting everything was back to normal. This has happened twice till now.

Anybody else has also faced this issue?

Manuj Gupta

• Like 1

@Manuj Gutpaji,

thanx.. for intimating the problem faced by you after installing the leaked RUU.. helped me in deciding to hold on for official update..

+1 for you..

Edited by amit.shah

I read at techie buzz website that the Update for Gingerbread is Rolling Out. Also there is a link for download of OTA file. The file is only 87.7 mb. I downloaded the file from here http://www.multiupload.com/R9UY66N3J9

After downloading i tried to check the md5 sum of the file, but it was blank. Also i tried to update the file from Clockworkmod Recovery without renaming it but the update was aborted.

I request fellow incredible users to verify if the file is infact the OTA or not and help with correct procedure to install this Gingerbread update.

Link to techie buzz page is here: http://techie-buzz.com/mobile-news/verizon-htc-droid-incredible-android-2-3-gingerbread-update.html?utm_source=search&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=ps_title

all incredible users be assured soon you will get OTA update. as of now only leaked & custom roms available.

but verizon has confirmed it here is the official link

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/htc_incredible.html

At XDA, wildstang has a stock ROM which is rooted and de-odexed.

I have installed it and found it to be satisfactory.

If you are rooted then this ROM is ideal since you do not loose root and S-off status.

The ROM is pure stock with only the build.prop file edited.

• Like 1

nice info........

but my i am interested in ota update..........

as i am not rooted..........

and prefer stock rom........

what is the procedure of ota update (how verizon / htc decides which user will get ota update) and since we are not on verizon network, where do we stand as regards ota update is concerned...........

Most of the Flashed Verizon Phone has to be updated Manually only Since they Transfer OTA to Handsets Working on Verizon network only

@parin

please provide link to a trust worthy stock rom

nice info........

what is the procedure of ota update (how verizon / htc decides which user will get ota update) and since we are not on verizon network, where do we stand as regards ota update is concerned...........

Should'nt you be able to Update via WiFi and going to the Phones Settings-->About phone--> System Update ?

nice info........

Should'nt you be able to Update via WiFi and going to the Phones Settings-->About phone--> System Update ?

You cant update via wifi, it checks first whether you are on Verizon network or not.

I had upgraded my Incredible (at that time Non- Rooted and S-ON) from 2.1 to 2.2 via OTA. I put the phone in Air Plane mode, turned on Wifi and the OTA came through. The phone did not have a Verizon MDN attached to it, but had and still does have a Clean ESN/MEID on Verizon. I also recall reading somewhere that Verizon said that those who were roaming internationally did not have to worry about huge data roaming cost because they could OTA via Wifi.

Perhaps this has changed since Oct. 2010 though, or this OTA is different. I will defer this to those more technical and experienced than I.

Regards

That's interesting as Verizon is stating something else...

HTC let's VERIZON control the distrubution of Official Updates for the Incredible, here are 2 links on the Verizon website telling/describing how to OTA via Wifi. It's also there for the Incredible 2 so I'm assuming it's accurate.

It worked for me once before, prior to when I became rooted and s-off. As I am s-off and rooted I cannot/do not want now try to verify. Hopefully it will work for whomever trys.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31046

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/incredible_instructions.pdf

regards