Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Verizon HTC Incredible - The Beefed Up CDMA Nexus 1

All you htc incredible owners out there i have been having this problem from day one ... the problem is international call dialing whenever i dial a number with 00 and dial the phone dials + instead of 00... I have tried all the methods mentioned in this forum like (1. menu-settings-call-nbpcd - set to india (404) and also assisted dialling - tick on and set reference country to india (404)) but none is working,can reallly someone help me out its like a SOS for me now because i need to make call and i am using landline for that now :(

Help needed:

This evening I received a recently ordered extended battery and once I replaced the stock battery with new one, I am unable to use any of the applications nor there are any visible contacts on my incredible :( (As expected, nothing helped after replacing the stock battery back on the phone).

Here are some of the errors I am getting when I open:

- Android market: "an error has occurred. Please try again later"

- Other applications: "the application xyz (process com.abc.xyz) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" with "force close" button on it.

There are several other weird problems I am facing after this and I am getting similar force close message in almost all programs.

Desperately seeking help of my fellow members. Thanks in anticipation.

P.S. Though most of the applications (installed either in phone/memory card) is not opening, I've observed all the data is safe and accessible via astro file manager.

Considering that you are seeing multiple problems do a hard reset, not sure how a battery change can cause such problems.

I think the battery must have had a high voltage/ampere than the stock battery. I had/have been facing similar problems, but it was not because of a battery, but a 'seemingly faulty' USB cable that I had used a few months back. Now I am not able to charge or connect my incre to the PC because of this problem. Nowadays, it is always better to use original or OEM products rather than fake/cheap chinese products on the latest phones now available in the market. The manufacturers are become more and more educated about the use of cheap and inferior quality products and hence they must have had security features inside the phone, so that no one uses cheap/chinese alternatives, to their already 'costly' but reliable accessories.

I do not understand how should I help you Deepak, but I feel there must have been a hardware damage.

Anyhow, do a hard reset as Arun has suggested, and try your luck.

@Greatest:

Thanks much for showing concern and sparing your time to explain things to me in detail, hope the hardware is all right. Arun, thanks to you too for the quick reply.

Well, can you guys please tell me how exactly shall I hard reset and what all precautions to be taken before doing so? Will I have to re-program the handset after doing a hard-reset? Please take the pain to tell me in detail as I've never performed a hard-reset in Incredible (nor in any other Android)..

Thanks again for all your help :-)

I guess you have done the hard reset already (as per the PM). Are the applications working properly now?

@Arun:

Yes, everything (except esn and meid being reverted to factory values) is just working fine.

Can anyone here help me re-program the handset? :P

:previous: Deepakji, I feel reprogramming the handset required time and is not easy.. You can contact your seller for this help...

@Kunal jee: Thanks again! :)

Well, its strange that the MEID values had been restored to original values after the reset, while trying to reprogram the handset, I just loaded PRL via QPST and entered MSID via ##778# and Voila.. the phone started working

All izz well.. :D

^^^ can you please confirm if the pESN of your meid corresponds in the phone with the one if you calculate seperately? (the pESN should start with 80XXXXXX)

welll thats coz

the memroy locations must have been populated with old meid and the actual meid in nv is still the new one

and pesn is new one

so its still working

^^^

How did the old meid get populated ? do they store the old meid in the rom ? [This question is just for curiosity sake... ]

there is a backup of entire nv in nand memory of phone

so it has original meid and pesn and also other factory default values which can be restored at times of nv resets

^^^ I am loving the unrevoked forever.. its awesome.. BTW, it also brings back your OS.

Like once, I had taken a NAND backup on 2.2 and then downgraded my phone to 2.1 stock. There were some problems which I faced in 2.1, and so decided to NAND restore the 2.2 backup which I had taken. And voila, everything was as smooth as nothing had happened.. :)

Hi everyone!

I've been following this board for about the last 1 month. I've not posted much becuase I've not had an Incredible and hence not much to contribute. But that is changing very soon... I'm getting my HTC Incredible in 1-2 days! So I'm eager to get it working.

This is going to be my first smart phone so can anyone recommend any must-have or killer apps that I should load on the phone?

Thanks,

gjp

Me a new joinee too

^^^ welcome to the IPL though late.. ;) You shall already be loving to come back to android after a long long time.. :)

@Kunal ji:

First of all sorry for late reply.. Well, I hope your questions are now answered by Dr. Mufaddal.

If you still want me to check out any anything, please do let me know.

:previous: Aal izz well deepakji.. Actually I had thought that your hone is not rooted.. :) my bad..

^^

Yeah, you were right earlier!

My phone is still not rooted :D

I need a holiday badly

Le Lo na bhai

I'm getting my HTC Incredible in 1-2 days! So I'm eager to get it working.

This is going to be my first smart phone so can anyone recommend any must-have or killer apps that I should load on the phone?

The apps which come with the phone are quite good.

Here are a list of Apps that I would recommend.

APPS:

LIvelist/Gtasks

MultiIcon

Advanced Task Killer

Brightness widget

AudioManager

Zedge

barcode scanner

Androzip

Time Alarm Pro

Talking Tom Cat

GAMES:

I am not even going to get started on Games. try 'Alchemy' though.

There are sooooooooo many Apps on the Market. I guess its up to you and abt what you really want on your phone.

Availability of Apps and Games is not the issue. The issue is to decide whether you are irritated enough to delete some app/game which is unnecessarily occupying some little space somewhere on your huge Memory card.

hii everyone,

can anyone pls. share Google talk to speech Extended (TTS) application. its no more der in android market. everytime i start Google Translate it asks me to install Text to speech Extended. i cannot make it use with Pico TTS dat is der in d phone.

Thanx.

amit shah

Hey Everyone,

Well, I FINALLY FINALLY got my HTC Incredible working courtesy of Dr. Mufaddal. I actually got the phone working about 12 days back, but I was traveling where they don't have CDMA service so I was not able to use the phone until now. So I'd like to say a very big THANKS to him. I met up with him one afternoon and he was able to get it working in a couple of hours. Very nice and professional person! I would definitely work with him again or recommend him!

Now on to using the phone. It's really annoying that I have to export and import my Contacts to a gmail account or manually enter all the Contacts in the phone. But I guess everything can't be easy...

gjp