Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Verizon HTC Incredible - The Beefed Up CDMA Nexus 1

Hello everyone.. I am a new member here.. i am really interested in htc incredible. anyone has any idea where can i get this phone?

my location is in new delhi..

thank you for helping me :)

:previous: Check out the deals in the Buy/Sell forum.

@ade - you may also contact me if you dont find any deals over there. I may have 1 as good as new piece available shortly.

@ade - you may also contact me if you dont find any deals over there. I may have 1 as good as new piece available shortly.

PM sent..

thanks also to you arun..

Hi Everyone.

I could use your help on a couple things on the Incredible that I'm trying to do/fix:

I've been getting less than expected sound quality (in coming) on my Incredible. The voices are muffled at times and it gets hard to understand what the person is saying. This happens even with 3 or 4 bars.

On the xda-developes site I found some information regarding switching the phone from EVRC to EVRC-B. With the caveat that the service providers needs to support EVRC-B.

Does anyone know if Reliance is supporting EVRC-B on thier CDMA network? Or any other fixs I can try for this issue?

Is there a way to change the way the phone searches for contacts in phone mode? I'd like the phone to search contacts in phone mode in the same way non-smart phones do.

Currently when I search for a contact in phone mode it searches for all contacts that have that letter in any name field for that contact (i.e. in first name, last name, etc..) While in all the phones (non smart phones) that I have used in the past it would search from the first letter of the name entered (i.e. if I entered P it would search with all entries that start with P).

I prefer the way second way because the searches are done by alphabetically (i.e. all first entries of P are shown when entering P). This is easier and faster for me to find my contacts, and it makes it easier for me to visually pick the name from the screen.

Thanks,

ghanshyam

:previous: Reliance is EVRC-B compatible...

I am facing a strange problem on my Incredible (Froyo 2.2 Rooted) in Wireless and Network settings.

I am not able to put the phone in Airplane mode neither I am able to turn on the Mobile Network for data (using MDN)

Rest all option in the Wireless and Network setting are working fine (e.g. Bluetooth and Wifi) but these two options are not working.

Whenever I check the option for Airplane mode or Mobile Network, it keeps on trying without any results.

What may have gone wrong, please advise.

Regards

@n_iceman- thanks for thanks for the earlier list of apps

@amit.shah - thanks for EVRC-B info. I did not realize that the first page of this thread was updated with that info as well (updated 9/2010)

ROOTING / Unrevoked Clarification:

(If I should create a new thread for questions like this please let me know.)

I need some clarification/advice on Rooting.

I'm running a totally stock phone with an OTA 2.2 update. So I should have the latest radio update (I have 2.15) and only need root to install some apps and remove some default apps,etc...

From my understanding with the release of Unrevoked 3.21, it gives you root access, permanently unlocks your NAND Flash, and gives you S-OFF.

So what is the difference between Unrevoked 3.21 and Unrevoked Forever? Do I still need to run Unrevoked Forever after running Unrevoked 3.21?

Do I need to install a SuperUser App? Does Unrevoked3.21 install a SuperUser App?

After these steps I'll make a NANDROID backup. I believe that's all I need to do, correct? From here I can install and remove apps!

P.S. For background info in addition to the very useful info that dkaile (thanks!) put on the first page of this thread there is good summary infor for Newbies (like me) at - http://www.cyberjunx.com/blog/android/about

Thanks,

ghanshyam

Recently god Incredible from Sadikk

Had the same google login problem.

did a hard reset and it solved.

now the problem is after the hard reset during the first boot

i chose country is India (404)

and even in my call settings there is something NB** country setting - chosen India

but every time I place a STD call with a zero prefix

it automatically adds 001 to it

can anyone help. i m new with android. it may be silly but cant find a solution.

:previous: see post #233/234 in this topic.

Hello.

Need some guidance.

I'm having issues using the Market App on Froyo 2.2. I'm currently running Froyo 2.2, Rooted, S-OFF.

History:

I got the phone recently and after having it programmed I was pushed the 2.2 OTA my phone (wifi) by Verizon. The phone worked fine in all aspects with good performance after that. The Market App was responding, however I was not able to use the Market App - getting the server down / could not establish connection.

As per advice I down graded to 2.1 (unrooted, etc...) I was able to register and use the Market App to download some apps. I then upgraded to 2.2 by manual (via SD card) process as per the instructions earlier in this thread. The upgrade went through, but when I tried to use the Market App I got the error "The linked app is no longer installed"

I used a fix as described here, http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=2d18c1ad06262499&hl=en Essentially this fix had me force the reinstall of the Market App. (then after Market App then showed as a downloaded app in the app list)

This worked temporarily, because after several reboots of the phone the App again disappeared and I got the same "The linked app is no longer installed". So I did a data wipe in Clockwrok recovery, (some online searchs had advised this), but now I'm back to the issue from the beginning I can no longer sign-on to my google account via the Market App (get the - the server down / could not establish connection - error again).

------------

It seems that applying the OTA via SD card broke the link or did not install the Market App. Is this so? Is there a way to force an OTA push to the phone again from Verizon or whomever? Would this solve ths issue? Any other way I can get the Market App to work on Froyo 2.2

Any adivse/guidance is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

gjp

My Incredible got stolen :(

yup... sad and true at the same time...

:( sad to hear this sir..

Thats a sad news... Hearing this, a question comes to my mind... Do you think 'Lookout' (android app) can save such incidences ?

(Of course I know that some people will know how to bypass it, but if he is an un-informed theif, Do you think It might help ?)

Lookout is for GSM where stolen phone can be used with different Sim card

Kailes phone was unprovisioned and a thief its useless crap of electronic

I am missing my Incredible even though I had sold this lost one and had moved on to the Epic.... I still feel its one of the best one's in the class...

anyway its a great loss for our side.. and the idiotic thief who got that for hime its just an electronic box...he cant use that....

well no theif is dumb

if he cant use he will sell to someone else , and so on , unless it reaches a person who knows what to do with it

if he gets stuck in prgramming may be some of us will be contacted for sure

^

Hope some of you are contacted and the thief gets caught !! :)

@ Dkaile - Really sad for your loss...

@Hetal :

Just installed Lookout... It does give u an idea of where the phone is(even for CDMA)(mine got located to 100 feet). However, as said above, if the thief is smart, he can easily get though it. But in cases that you realize the phone is missing and try to track it before that, I think there might be a chance. Atleast I feel something is better than nothing !

How about activating latitude on our phones ? that should give exact gps coordinates (though it will eat up battery) ?

Also lookout will be free till they launch a premium service, so those who have signed up before that should still get it free.

I am discussing this just to make sure we protect ourselves to the max when such things happen.....

i faced a strange issue.. recently, when i was outstation (in roaming), i tried to make a international call to a no. saved in my phonebook starting with 0061... when i tried to call, the calling would change the no. from 00.. to +61.. & woundn't connect the call.

after i came back to mumbai, i tried again and the call went through and that too starting with 0061...

does it mean, i won't be able to make international calls in roaming. or do i need to change something.

gurus pls. help :help:

Hi everyone.

I came across the new post on Engadget.com about a software update comeing out for the Increbible.

"Droid Incredible update starts rolling out, packs fixes and V CAST Apps "

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/11/droid-incredible-update-starts-rolling-out-packs-fixes-and-v-ca/

Does anyone have any more insight on this update other then what's in the article? Will those of us who are rooted have to go through the whole Unroot, Downgrade to 2.1, upgrade, apply update, reroot process?

@dkaile

I was following your directions for getting a rooted 2.2 phone back to unrooted 2.1 (post # 339) and I think there is a step missing. I may very well be wrong since I'm still fairly new to rooting, etc... and you have much more experience than I at that so I'll defer to you.

In Section A Step 3 gives a link to a file that is ~3.3MB in size. I think it's only the recovery software and not the 2.1 OTA. I believe that the 2.1 still needs to be installed to update to 2.2. I followed your instructions to get the Recovery and then followed these instructions, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=760651 (Section 6), with a link to the 2.1 OTA update. This worked for me.

regards,

today evening i got notification of system update saying that

"This software update includes the installation of V CAST Apps, slacker and many other improvements for ur droid incredible by HTC. .... etc."...

what should i do.. shud i install it its 18mb file...

I installed the OTA this evening. I had to download it from this URL: http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_incredible/00cb7fa66e35.OTA_IncredibleC_Verizon_WWE_3.26.605.1_3.21.605.1_release_sign.zip . I reinstalled the stock recovery (2.1) and then installed with no issues (the OTA the was pushed via wifi hung. Then reinstalled ClockworkMod with no issues.

I'm still trying to judge any tangible improvements in performance. As per some postings on driodforum.net and xda-developers.com the are rumors as to improved battery charging with the patches in this update.

Here is the change log of OTA. The most useful may be the improved Yahoo Mail support, larger attachement size, security enhancements, and Google Maps portait/landscape viewing:

* Updated Flash Player with security enhancements

* Visual Voice Mail Wifi improvements and removal of incorrect service messages and post-call notifications

* Better support for Yahoo IMAP e-mail

* Update to Slacker Radio app

* You can attach files larger than 5MB

* Updated Cox POP3 e-mail settings

* Updated Comcast POP3 e-mail settings

* Play YouTube videos in the YouTube app (that's new?)

* Seamlessly switch between portrait/landscape in Google Maps

* Search key and other buttons displayed in the correct order (what's the wrong order?)

* VCAST app lets you bill apps to your Verizon account

cheers,

gjp

• Like 1