Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Undersea Cable System Repair Hit Internet Service In India

Couple of members messaged me and said the forum pages were loading slow yesterday and both were using AirTel and I could see the high latency in the trace route. This is due to the repair activity for the recent undersea cable cut in the SEA-ME-WE4 network system. The cut actually happened on April 14th and was affecting internet traffic in the Middle East mostly. They have started repaid work from Sunday and may continue till April 30. During this time higher latency (slow browsing) will be affecting customers of ISPs like TATA Communications and AirTel.

25 Apr 2010, 1423 hrs IST

Press Trust of India

The disruption in the SEA-ME-WE 4 undersea submarine cable system, which links South East Asia and Europe, is likely to affect the high-speed Internet services in the country.

The South East Asia-Middle East-West Europe 4 (SEA-ME-WE 4) project links the two regions via the Indian sub-continent and the Middle East. The project is run by a consortium of 16 international telecom companies, including Indian majors Bharti Airtel and Tata Communications.

According to sources, the disruption in the undersea cable network near Italy is likely to hit the broadband connections in India.

Maintenance of the undersea cables will be carried out for the next four days, which may cause some disruption in services.

However, the companies have taken various steps to minimize the impact, sources said.

Going by the project's official website, the undersea cable system has terminal stations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Italy, Tunisia, Algeria and France.

:previous:

This will affect Tata and Airtel customers mostly, right...? But very strangely, for a few days I am experiencing good browsing speed and uninterrupted BB service from BSNL :GirandoOjos: (earlier, it is near to impossible to browse continuously for 1 to 2 hours in BSNL)..

Whether it has any link with the UnderSea cable repair works in anyway?? Say like limited traffic in india or something like that??? Or it is a silly co-incidence???? Please tell me...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

^^^ My BSNL speed had gone down considerably for some time.. during that period.

Yea, was facing very high latency and speed issues last one week, even now things have not improved much.

My BSNL BB speed downgrade in few days download speed is very poor in few days

My BSNL BB speed downgrade in few days download speed is very poor in few days

Me too.

And it continues to be bad... anyone still facing issues ?

My plan is 256 kbps but for March, they had promised 512 kbps. I did get the double speed benefit until about last week... but approx. last 7 days it has come down below even 256 kbps!   :angry:

Here in Bahrain, Zain's network is very slow and they confirmed that some cable was cut and they are trying to en-route to another cable. Also in my home there is no intenet connection from 29th of April until now.

Now my BSNL BB is back to the form... I mean, it has became VERY VERY BAD as in earlier months/year...