Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

Sunil Mittal, The Ministerfixer

Please have a look at this article.

"Sunil Mittal lobbied against Raja becoming Telecom Minister"

Sunil Mittal, India’s telecom czar, did not want A Raja to be the communications minister after UPA came back to power in 2009, according to phone conversation between Sunil Mittal and Mrs.Radia tapped by Income Tax authorities. He lobbied with Congress to ensure that Raja did not get the communications ministry. He wanted Dayanidhi Maran to be the communications minister. However, when he failed he approached lobbyist Nira Radia to do the damage control, says a note prepared by the office of Directorate General of Income Tax.

“As per a conversation between, Sunil Mittal of Bharti Airtel had been lobbying to prevent Raja from becoming Telecom Minister essentially for two reasons, first (i) GSM lobby aggrieved at the favour shown to CDMA lobby on spectrum, (ii) Mr Mittal was lobbying for Dayanidhi Maran,” according to the note prepared by the Office of directorate General of Income Tax.

“Sunil Mittal later contacted Mrs Radia and wanted her to work for him on informal basis. Mrs Radia however said she would as long as there was no conflict of interest with TATA’s. However, she would help him mend fences (for a fee with Telecom minister Raja). There is a third person who apparently met Sunil Mittal at Suhail Seth’s house who is acting as a link between Mr Mittal and Mrs Radia,” says the note.

There was a lot of debate in the two houses of parliament on the basis of this note. However, the debate was limited to Raja’s link with Radia, a PR lobbyist who claimed to have influenced the policy.

The parliamentarians should also have debated how the industrialists influence Ministerial berths.

source :: http://telecomtiger.com/Corporate_fullstory.aspx?storyid=9051&flag=1&passfrom=topstory&section=S162

The key and important issue here is industrialists influence Ministerial berths.

I think this may not be the only case where Sunil Mittal has played foul-sport.

By looking at his monopolist nature, I feel he could have done lot of croooked things in his life.

This incident is atrociously bad for the democracy.

Sunil Mittal as a citizen of India has right only to cast sigle vote. nothing less and nothing more.

Horribly dangerous for democracy if such money thugs tried to fix ministers of democratically elected government.

Only failed case of Sunil Mittal has come out....I don't know how many other money thugs have succeeded in placing their pawns in the echelons of power.

CBI should investigate this matter to unearth how much Sunil Mittal has spend to arm twist a democratic process.

This looks like another invasion of India by another set of merchants(unfortunately they belong to this same holy land).

This has to be stopped before we become slaves again.

Edited by kesav
  • Like 1

Airtel ka 'Gair'tel honewala hain bahut jald... Im loving it..

I dont know, but I hate airtel since the start only... Not that I love reliance, I hate all telecom companies... lol..

Here is another story on the same topic.

After Income-Tax note, audio transcripts emerge of tapped conversations between Raja & lobbyist

The UPA government was put in further embarrassment today as the TV channels in India are running tapped conversation between the Union Communications Minister A Raja and lobbyist Nira Radia.

The audio transcripts being run by news channels of India precisely point out the timing of calls as well as the conversation which took place.

The conversation between the two is regarding ministerial berths. It appears that Nira Radia was lobbying for ministerial berths for some MPs. Many prominent industrialists were also in touch with Nira Radia to lobby for favourites to be handpicked for ministerial berths.

It is less likely that the politicians will address the issue of corporates influencing ministerial appointments as political parties bank heavily on funds from large corporate houses.

Even most of the media houses are going soft on this issue and are virtually turning a blind eye on it.

source:: http://telecomtiger.com/PolicyNRegulation_fullstory.aspx?storyid=9069&flag=1&passfrom=topstory&section=S174

For sure, Media will not highlight for the reasons they're paid by these money laundering vampires(like Sunil Mittal).

Unfortunately our national media (AIR and Doordarshan) is in coma.

Slowly democracy is becoming moneycracy.

These merchants are fixing the government.

Government is not a cricket match to be fixed and I hope that all Indians should raise against this horrible case of merchants fixing democracy.

Edited by kesav
  • Like 1

Airtel ka 'Gair'tel honewala hain bahut jald... Im loving it..

I dont know, but I hate airtel since the start only... Not that I love reliance, I hate all telecom companies... lol..

Airtel is the biggest crook of them all. The more I have observed... and used their services, I'v only observed foul play. Not just the service but even their products (Bharti Teletech, etc.) are less than mediocre. I'm sure they mostly sell thru similar crooked tactics only.

But by far the bigger evil is what Kesav has highlighted.

Edited by raccoon

A. Raja is the most incompetent telecom minister that we have had in last decade. I wish Mr. Mittal had succeeded in kepping A. Raja away from cabinet.

A. Raja will be known for 2G license scam for a long time to come.

How many Ghotala's do we need to talk about. I think we are reaching a stage where the list of 'not ghotalas' may be shorter. We had the Bhalu eating up our roads, Raja playing his game.

The next one coming up, release of Kasab in exchange for a minister's poodle.

Nehru was right. When asked why ar you friendly with Birla, etc. He replied 'They have less reason to be corrupt'.

We only elect governments who do scams. Aren't we equally responsible?

Apna Tharoor tried to change the system from within... He became AAP (PAP) KA THAROOR.... lol...

Edited by dkaile

We only elect governments who do scams. Aren't we equally responsible?

each and every babu is corrupt,

to keep the chair they have to.

so we need some one new and strong , who can stand out in this dirty crowed !!!

• Like 2

^^ I have a strong feeling Shree Narendra Modi is not among corrupt babus...

^ in general Gujarat has been least corrupt. Modi era is even less corrupt that is why there is so much of visible growth. I can say this with conviction as my father was government officer in PWD

• Like 1

^^^ Thats a great input Kalpakbhai.. :)

Narendra Modi is like a Hitler.

His development agenda is only to prepare for a mass homicide against minorities in India like what Hitler did to Jews.

Like Hitler, he has come to power just by pleasing certain section of society by pluverizing another section.

If Hitler had died in 1935 by accidenet, then whole world would have been praising him as the tallest leader of the world ever for his stupendous developmental,economical,scientific capabilities which he has brought to Germany.

His real intention of developmental pursuit came to light only when he invaded Poland in 1939.

This kind of pseudo developmental policies with vulgar intention should be nipped in the bud.

World will never forgive us if we do the same mistake as Germans did albeit having lesson learnt from Germany.

Dear Indians, raise to the truth if a state is polarized against minorities then Democracy(Poll results) cannot give you proper feedback.

The resaon is polls are decided by simple majority.

Don't forget again Hitler has come to power through democracy.

Inefficient politics can be tolerated but never tolerate sectarian politics.

Gujarat will be number one state with or without Modi but it cannot be fearless(for all citizens) state if Modi rules.

Edited by kesav

Coming back to the topic of discussion, It's time the Government act against these business crooks like Suni Mitall for fixing Government.

If the politicians are corrupt it's democracy's internal problem that can be corrected automatically when information level of voters improve.

But the virus is these business thugs who are influencing each and every decision of the government just by their sheer money power.

This virus has to be eradicated otherwise it will eat the whole system of democracy.

Narendra Modi is like a Hitler.

His development agenda is only to prepare for a mass homicide against minorities in India like what Hitler did to Jews.

Like Hitler, he has come to power just by pleasing certain section of society by pluverizing another section.

If Hitler had died in 1935 by accidenet, then whole world would have been praising him as the tallest leader of the world ever for his stupendous developmental,economical,scientific capabilities which he has brought to Germany.

His real intention of developmental pursuit came to light only when he invaded Poland in 1939.

This kind of pseudo developmental policies with vulgar intention should be nipped in the bud.

World will never forgive us if we do the same mistake as Germans did albeit having lesson learnt from Germany.

Dear Indians, raise to the truth if a state is polarized against minorities then Democracy(Poll results) cannot give you proper feedback.

The resaon is polls are decided by simple majority.

Don't forget again Hitler has come to power through democracy.

Inefficient politics can be tolerated but never tolerate sectarian politics.

Gujarat will be number one state with or without Modi but it cannot be fearless(for all citizens) state if Modi rules.

I dont know which state you belong to. But seems to be words of frustated soul who perhaps is not the witness to development in Gujarat. Also in my opinion you seems to be fully influenced by english media who hate narendra modi and politicians who hate India being developed. How much you really know about hitler and how much you really know about europe history? I would suggest you to read Book named "Churchil, hitler and unnecessary war" Charchil was the one responsible for WW not the hitler. Gujarat is the state where there is no psuedu development. Agricultural growth in gujarat is highest.

What minority you are talking about? In India muslims are 20% yet minority other castes are about 50-60% and enjoy equal amount of reservations - still minority? Its politicians who do not want growth talks about minority.

For your information, gujarat is safest state in India, you can not imagine type of safety gujarati has.

Here I could clearly see the trend between Hitler and Modi.

Exactly like you, there were few in Germany who whole heartedly supported Hitler's developmental policies.

Exactly like you, they were unaware of his lunatic fascist mindset which he masked with developmental veil.

Exactly like industrialists like TATA,Mittal there were Diamler, Benz, Bosch who were friends of Hitler during his "developmental" time.

Any where in the world what industrialists want is just short term fertile land to harvest money.

They were never worried about people who struggle to exist and live their daily lives.

Please let me request you not to worry about my knowledge in European history. :)

Your endorsement of Hitler clearly shows where you belong to in your mental make-up.

Let God alone save Gujarat and India.

For the benefit of the users, let us stop this off topic argument and allow others to focus on on-topic.

^

I and a vast majority of open minded Indians TOTALLY DISAGREE with your point of view Mr. Kesav...

and EXACTLY LIKE YOU (read communists/pseudo securalists) there are people who are envious of the developmental strides a state makes in between the rot and without any help from the system...

Even if Mittal succeeded in avoiding R@ja to chair, that would be of LITTLE use, since another ARROW from DMK will be selected as Telecom minister... It is the BOW (DMK) that should be blamed...

But, I too agree that R@ja is the most N@STY, SH@MEFUL, DE@DLIEST, P0ISONOUS, $HITTY, BL0OD $UCKING, arrow from the ARROW basket of DMK...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Please avoid brining in politicians into the topic.

Unnecessarily the thread will run for KMs with each and every post blasting politicians.

They are dirts and don't get dirty by speaking on them.

I've started the topic only on the point which I feel very stressful and harmful for democracy.

Industrialists fixing Government appointments and in this case the Government itself.

Are we become slaves of money?

What we know here is the one failed attempt.

I don't how many have succeeded and how many ministers are serving the Industrialists now and not the Nation?

:angry::angry::angry:

What we know here is the one failed attempt.

I don't how many have succeeded and how many ministers are serving the Industrialists now and not the Nation?

:angry::angry::angry:

I'm willing to wager that MOST of them are. Is this revelation even surprising??

And serving the nation? BS!! They all serve themselves...