Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
::Hitesh::

Blackberry Storm 3 Coming End Of Year, Storm 4 In 2011

BlackBerry-Storm2-9520.jpg

It looks like Research in Motion is still working on their BlackBerry Storm franchise; after having released the Storm2 last year, America's leading smartphone maker will be following up with a Storm 3 later this year and a Storm 4 in 2011. The Storm series, in their tablet touchscreen form factor, will be competing with the yet to be released BlackBerry Bold 9800 Slider, which uses a touchscreen that slides in portrait mold to reveal a keyboard.

The Storm 3 will be a multimedia and gaming device with RIM reportedly working with EA on bringing some gaming titles to the touchscreen tablet phone.

RIM is also said to be perfecting its SurePress touchscreen technology for the device. SurePress has been a polarizing technology for users as it is a different method of touch interaction, which requires an actual screen press--like a touchpad click--to make a selection.

The Storm 4 will be focused on augmented reality, which will employ a 5-megapixel camera, accelerometer, digital compass, and GPS.

Hopefully, we'll see some WebKit action with the new BlackBerry 6 operating system to enhance the browsing experience on both slate styled smartphones when they will be released.

No word yet on carriers for the Storm 3 or 4, but historically in the US Verizon has been the exclusive carrier for the Storm 1 and 2. The Storm 1 and 2 are both world phones, meaning that they employ Verizon Wireless' CDMA/EV-DO architecture while being used domestically and can use GSM/HSPA for overseas travel.

• Like 1

Now thats a deep research!

But still wont stop me from EVO!

^^^ Sumit is the EVO-FAN.... No one can stop u until some EVO successor is actually in the making..

Actually I dont really like changing phones quickly so I buy what I really feel I should!

Btw I got a good news for you! your Tata pre-paid number can now be activated on your Hero All thanks to HITESH BHAI!

Kindly call me for the same as I somehow misplaced your number :P

BlackBerry Bold 9800 Slider shows up again, shows off its browser bb-9800-slider-browser-630x473.jpg

Man. Unless they're trying to get this thing to leak all over the Internet, RIM is having one hell of a time keeping the BlackBerry Bold 9800 a secret. The prettier of two experimental form factors for RIM (with the uglier one being.. this thing), the Bold 9800 Slider has been leaking out in photos and videos for weeks now.

Aaaand it has leaked again, this time showing the smallest of peeks at RIM's new WebKit browser.

It's not a whole lot to go on, but this shot (as acquired by TheCellularGuru) shows the browser's fancy-pants tabbing system — and, for the sake of good ol' rivalry, the browsers Acid3 testing score of 100/100. (For comparison: Mobile Safari 3.0 gets 40/100, while 4.0 gets 100/100. Android 2.0's browser gets 93, while webOS and Opera Mini get 92 and 98 respectively. Internet Explorer Mobile 6 gets 5.)

Edited by ::Hitesh::

bad bad bad

they need to revamp their os very very badly

BIS is only thing which is keeping them alive in corporate world

^^^

and ugly too !

their os looks like ms-dos

bhai kitna research karoge blackberry's pe ;) ?

Blackberry Bold 9800 slider to ditch SurePress, more photos surface

BlackBerry9800-onscreen-keys-800-300x225.jpg

By now we’ve all seen the many, many, many and more photos (and video) that have been leaked of the up-n-coming BlackBerry 9800 slider phone.

So you’re probably not that amazed by the new batch of photos that have emerged over at The Berry Fix.

However, the photographer behind this latest photo shoot does have some interesting news for y’all: the new slider won’t be using RIM’s trademark, annoying SurePress technology.

For those not in the know, SurePress was RIM’s attempt at replicating the tactile feel of a physical keyboard on a touch-screen device by making the screen a big, clickable button. The technology débuted on the BlackBerry Storm, and wasn’t received well.

The removal of SurePress from the 9800 could be to do with the fact that the slider already has a physical keyboard, so those that are truly fearful of The Touch needn’t ever use the on-screen keyboard, and thus don’t need the assurance of SureType.

Don’t think that RIM have given up on SureType just yet.

The device should be released on AT&T in June.

After AT&T Verizon will get it.