Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KAPILKDEV

Tata Indicom Shops Are Closing In Kerala

Tata Indicom Shops (True Value Shops & True Value Hubs) are closing in Kerala due to low benefits. In places like Kothamangalam (Ernakulam District), Chalakudy (Thrissur District) all tata indicom shops are closed. A shop keeper in Tata Indicom True Value Hub in Thrissur town told that his business is very bad, running with full losses, no one taking new connection and recharging (Top Up) is also very rare now a days. He pointed out that Tata Indicom True Value Shops have no permission to sell Docomo but as he is a franchisee (True Value Hub) he can sell Docomo connection and there is some benefit from Docomo but not to a good level. He added that all True Value shops and Hubs are suffering losses and all of them will close soon. I have spent about one hour in his shop and seen that no customer visited his shop in that time except me.

As I am a Tata Indicom user (Phone Numbers 9249736222, 9249835487,9249292560,9249385303), I am suffering a problem that Tata indicom recharge coupons (top up cards) are not available in open markets except a very few shops in the town (they have only a few coupons of low value like Rs 25). Shop keepers in the open market are giving a disgraceful smile or headshake while asking Tata indicom recharge coupons. They are saying that no one asking these coupons and they are not keeping in stock. But in the mean time I have seen that MTS CDMA exclusive shops are opening in different parts of the state.

All friends in rimweb please write about the condition of Tata indicom shops and your experince while recharging indicom connection in different circles.

If you have access to online banking platforms, then you can recharge TI numbers very easily...

Tata indicom is simply not in sync with the dynamics of the industry. Except for a good website and the ichoose platform, tata did little to understand and retain customers. Reliance keeps sweeping with their flagship cdma offers and tata reacts but a little too late. Hope they stand up to the competition as Tata is the only company with enough resources to take on Reliance head-on. Else telecom market in India would be monopolized by the two behemoths Reliance and Airtel..

Cheers!! :GirandoOjos:

If you have access to online banking platforms, then you can recharge TI numbers very easily...

Yes, online (net)banking/Credit Cards/Debit Cards/bank ATMs... or erecharge in shops. Why waste time hunting for paper vouchers?

@raccoon

Recharging online is picking up with youngsters and predominantly people with an IT background or knowledge. Recharging and paying bills online is still a taboo topic with our earlier generation..

Cheers!! :GirandoOjos:

previous.gif Hehe... you sound exactly like my pop... Riendo.gif

He still goes out looking for paper vouchers only of any random denomination... (no matter how hard I try), it does not register how/why some denominations carry full talk time and some don't, etc., etc. Furthermore, he considers online recharges and even e-recharges to be voodoo... devil.gif

Edited by raccoon

Me to have a TATA indicom franchisee owner in my area. (Perumpilavu in Thrissur Dist, Kerala) I Started my shop on Dec 28th 2006. From the 2nd year onwords it come in to loss, or some what equal to meet the expences (rent, shop boy salary, electricity etc...) I closed shop on 31st Dec 2009, after completing three "successfull" years.

Ajin T.Raju

thinkpositive

3years + 3 days extra u may say !

Is that hard to sell mobile products in kerala ? its most educated part of India.

@ i think the difficulty tehre is to sell cheap indicom phones to the one of the richest ppl in India

I have seen a tata shop being closed near my area some 2 months ago in Delhi as well.

This is not very fair to TATA indicom users. Once business is dull, why they are going to close the business? then what about the customers?

Many stores keep closing and new keep coming, same is with RCom also, I see a lots of Stores get closed and New gets opened,

Survival of store depends upon the profitablity (In terms of nos of sales volume) from the particular location in fact. Company shut down there store when they find a low sales from there store.