Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Samsung Galaxy I899 Launched In Reliance CDMA

^

- The OS can be updated by Samsung Customer Care to 2.1 or over the web (google it)

- In 2.1 BT File Transfer is there

- Not true; You can delete any particular SMS in between the thread also

- ?? couldnt get you

- AGREED, Its a dumb phone at this price, as hardware wise, its weak...

Edited by dkaile

Samsung Galaxy will be available from Monday in Trivandrum, Kerala(Got call from one of Reliance mobile store in Trivandrum).

They sent the offer details(2 months free internet)

Forward me the Exact email you got from reliance

this phone is a big cheat got it the 1st day in chennai. and was disappointed from that time.

1)there is no bluetooth file transfer (even the basic phones has this feature)

2)it has cupcake 1.5 (ancient os)

3)gps takes a lot of time to pin point the location

4)no google maps navigation support because it has OS 1.5

5)it gets heated up pretty soon

what all you need to do to get these things working

1)you need to hack or root the phone (which is not available for this phone and nobody is even intrested to hack this phone)

2)there is no firmware upgrade for this phone i contacted the Samsung customer service people regarding this and this is what they replied

Thank you for taking interest in Samsung products and services.

Bluetooth data transfer feature is not available in SCH-I899 handset. There is no firmware upgradation available for this handset. It is a reliance proprietary handset. Only Reliance card will work with it.

For further assistance contact Samsung Customer Care.

Thanking you and assuring best services always.

-----------------------

so untill and unless the reliance communication takes a step ahead and releases an update dont go for it. wait for them to update the phone. or everybody send a request to them so that they do it.

1)you hav to root/hack(which is not there for this phone) your phone for the 2.1 BT File Transfer to work

2)Samsung Customer Care doesnt upgrade it to 2.1 i confirmed it from them

3)gps takes a lot of time to pin point u

4)phone gets heated up very soon

^

long live hacked phones.... LOL... Long live our Hero's/Incredible's/Evo's....

this phone just has evdo it seems and nothing else... pata nahi kisne advice kar diya Reliance ko itna ancient phone launch karne ke liye... :NOTriste:

reliance launched outdated phone and then say there are no takers for high end phones. they had done with HTC and now with samsung. when will they realise that everyone knows the handsets available in international markets.

Actually the samsung galaxy is a cdma phone with ruim slot

samsung has manufacured this one in bulk for chinese operators who also use ruim like us

may be thats why even reliance took the part of deal or something like that

there will be a strong business reason as to why reliance opted for this phone

only reliance insider can shed light on it

^

- The OS can be updated by Samsung Customer Care to 2.1 or over the web (google it)

- In 2.1 BT File Transfer is there

- Not true; You can delete any particular SMS in between the thread also

- ?? couldnt get you

- AGREED, Its a dumb phone at this price, as hardware wise, its weak...

Could you please tell me how I would upgrade the OS. The customer care has emailed that they wouldn't.

About deleting the SMS here is how

Lets say you receive and send SMS to & from a person. All the SMS are stored as threads. Now if you would wish to delete one of those SMS from the thread there is no option because the only available option is "Delete thread" from the Menu.

There is no file manager by default and the gallery is the worst. I cannot have the pref to store images in the phone memory and the SD card is taken by default. This would limit my option to store ringtones & Caller photo in the phone memory, This is important because everytime an SD card is switched all your pref is lost.

Now here is how Reliance cheats.

this phone can be brought only through WebWorld. Its well know that Webworld clearly says they dont support phones other than those by Reliance. and when I asked for replacement they claim this is Samsung, why should it be Samsung alone? Dont they see the Reliance logo been printed on the box. Also many of the features are locked as need by Reliance. One cannot set the user name or change the local settings on the phone isnt this Reliance's monopoly?

Coming back to Reliance WebWorld the guy now says its printed Bluetooth(HSP & A2DP only) and that fellow doesnt even know what A2Dp and HSP stands for and he is promising HSP is Hi Speed Protocol to connect to internet through the phone using Bluetooth.

It was Reliance who cheated by not revealing the OS version in their publicity knowingly that this is a dumb phone which lacks every basic feature of a smartphone. When its told HSP & A2Dp how would a common man understand the Abbrevation and by default Bluetooth means to assume it will have the basic feature of file transfer & exchange.

With such a draw back this phone lacks even the features of a phone that costs less than Rs 8000, where as this phone costs 20000. Isnt this cheating and stealing customers money with Reliance partnering Samsung?

:previous:

u need to check specs and go through the reviews before purchasing, Hope u get upgrades with members here, coz most of your problems can be solved by software upgrade.

Due to poor volumes expecting samsung to release any OS upgrade is very big expectation..

Also for those who consider it too old, this phone is no inferior than Hero. Incredible and EVO are very recent launch and who will spend more than 35k in India for them???+

Non ruim devices are cheaper in bulk deal as it save manufacturer from many compatibility issues. OMH ruims only support EVDO and it uses concocted PRL so there re many phone - despite being EVDO can not read OMH RUIM. O really fail to understand purpose of OMH and what is the difference for service providers it makes. Even non OMH RUIM has been supporting EVDO in russian sub continent and in pakistan, why not in India?

Edited by kshah

Could you please tell me how I would upgrade the OS. The customer care has emailed that they wouldn't.

About deleting the SMS here is how

Lets say you receive and send SMS to & from a person. All the SMS are stored as threads. Now if you would wish to delete one of those SMS from the thread there is no option because the only available option is "Delete thread" from the Menu.

There is no file manager by default and the gallery is the worst. I cannot have the pref to store images in the phone memory and the SD card is taken by default. This would limit my option to store ringtones & Caller photo in the phone memory, This is important because everytime an SD card is switched all your pref is lost.

Now here is how Reliance cheats.

this phone can be brought only through WebWorld. Its well know that Webworld clearly says they dont support phones other than those by Reliance. and when I asked for replacement they claim this is Samsung, why should it be Samsung alone? Dont they see the Reliance logo been printed on the box. Also many of the features are locked as need by Reliance. One cannot set the user name or change the local settings on the phone isnt this Reliance's monopoly?

Coming back to Reliance WebWorld the guy now says its printed Bluetooth(HSP & A2DP only) and that fellow doesnt even know what A2Dp and HSP stands for and he is promising HSP is Hi Speed Protocol to connect to internet through the phone using Bluetooth.

It was Reliance who cheated by not revealing the OS version in their publicity knowingly that this is a dumb phone which lacks every basic feature of a smartphone. When its told HSP & A2Dp how would a common man understand the Abbrevation and by default Bluetooth means to assume it will have the basic feature of file transfer & exchange.

With such a draw back this phone lacks even the features of a phone that costs less than Rs 8000, where as this phone costs 20000. Isnt this cheating and stealing customers money with Reliance partnering Samsung?

1. Many people on this forum have been able to upgrade. Kindly search the forum for them and send them pm how they have done it.

2. LONG PRESS on that particular sms and u will get delete option

3. there are 100's of good file manager in the market (thats the strength of android). I use Linda File Manger. Another common one is ASTRO File Manager

4. Storage on SD Card is always preferred. Though there should be option to change this. Search in settings. And how can SD Card "limit" your option, they only "increase" it as you can use upto 32GB.

5. A2Dp and BT2.0 are there and all stereo BT headphones will work perfectly; what u really need is OBEX file transfer, which is there in the hardware but not supported by this version of software and for that u need to upgrade to 2.1

6. Read My Hero Topic in my signature and many of your common problems will be solved (as OS is same), like where/how to store custom ringtones, sms tones, media etc.

7. Reliance Customer Care is JACKASS... thats why people prefer Rimweb

8. BOTTOMLINE - I always said it was a ****ty phone...and you didnt take our advice before buying the phone; you came to us afterwards...

Edited by dkaile

^^^

:thumb:

Reliance is selling this phone only because they must have got it in dirt cheap rates ! there is no other answer to that Q.

1. Many people on this forum have been able to upgrade. Kindly search the forum for them and send them pm how they have done it.

i guess these people are talking about the possibility of upgrading the android os. in fact for this particular phone there is no way they can do it untill unless it gets hacked or reliance people are kind enough to to release an update(which is imposible :P)

Reliance Launhed becuase it was Reasonably Priced and Android well they did not get it in Cheap at all.

Rs 18000 for AMOLED Based Handset is okay

Hi Guys

Anybody who has the piece with them can you please check if skype or fring works on the phone. I am aware that fring no longer supports skype or vice-versa. I want to buy this handset only for the voip feature so if anybody can help it would be greatly appriciated

can anybody confirm why reliance is advertising 4gb internal memory in their site? i have the phone and i cant see 4gb of space in any direction....

is it only me or others are also having this same issue????

FOR VOIP SIP DROID AND ACCOUNT WITH TERRA SIP WORKS JUST PERFECT ON EVDO OF RELIANCE. SIP DROID IS FAR BETTER THAN FRING FOR VOIP AMD TERRASIP CHEAPER THAN SKYPE

how to upgrade samsung galaxy spica -

^^^

both are different phones

that one is GSM spica

^

but help can be taken from Samsung Customer Care; if they can upgrade the gsm one then certainly they should soon be getting a update for the cdma one also... if not, then its pathetic on samsung's part... thats why I dont advice people to go for Samsung Phones... (are u listening Hetal.... No Galaxy S for u.... LOL :Riendo: )

^

the phone just got launched here , i doubt they wil be having 2.1 update

besides one member already took a round of samsung service centre they told him no

they always support gsm phones better

the spica 2.1 is GSM and 2.1 update has been launched for all spica available around world

this one is just on cdma networks in india and china

FOR VOIP SIP DROID AND ACCOUNT WITH TERRA SIP WORKS JUST PERFECT ON EVDO OF RELIANCE. SIP DROID IS FAR BETTER THAN FRING FOR VOIP AMD TERRASIP CHEAPER THAN SKYPE

I also wanted to understand this would work on the EvDo feature correct me if i am wrong because i am a little confused as i like the evo and the only thing that is stopping me from buying it is that the i899 has the evdo feature. I make a lot of skype calls as of now as i am using a touch pro2 but like usual the BSNL 3g is not of good suport to me therefore mostly have to get home and make the calls over wifi

Would be great if somebody could help me arond this or give me some ideas or suggestions. Also which phone should i go in for. read in one of the evo chats somebody talking about bsnl wimax etc. I dont mind trying anything as long as my calls do not cost me 7.20/pm as i have long conversations

Thanks in advance for your help guys

If you are using too much of VOIP, then do not go for any imported handset, go for GALAXY with EVDO, evantually it will be much cheaper for you.

SIPDROID is VOIP client for android and terrasip is VOIP call service providers.

Terrasip tariff are here (US is about Rs. 0.40 per minute + EVDO data charges. Usually its about 1 MB per minute - maximum valvue so, 1 GB means almost 1000 minutes of calling, plans here http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet.html#tariffP)

http://www.terrasip....en&t_country=gb

Once you have terrasip account, its very easy to configure and it also gives you option to choose default way to make calles, i.e. cellular, VOIP or VOIP when available. Voice clarity is reallly good - provided EVDO connection is good. I have not seen any crashes of SIPDROID on phone so far.

I dont know if this app is available for samsung galaxy (Indian) or not, but if not available you can get easily from other user.

Edited by kshah

If you are using too much of VOIP, then do not go for any imported handset, go for GALAXY with EVDO, evantually it will be much cheaper for you.

SIPDROID is VOIP client for android and terrasip is VOIP call service providers.

Terrasip tariff are here (US is about Rs. 0.40 per minute + EVDO data charges. Usually its about 1 MB per minute - maximum valvue so, 1 GB means almost 1000 minutes of calling, plans here http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet.html#tariffP)

http://www.terrasip....en&t_country=gb

Once you have terrasip account, its very easy to configure and it also gives you option to choose default way to make calles, i.e. cellular, VOIP or VOIP when available. Voice clarity is reallly good - provided EVDO connection is good. I have not seen any crashes of SIPDROID on phone so far.

I dont know if this app is available for samsung galaxy (Indian) or not, but if not available you can get easily from other user.

if you see the country i wanna call is saudi arabia and the calling rate is 0.0938/euro/min would still add up to aprox 6rs that like a rs a min cheaper that is why i prefer skype the skp to skp is free only pay for the data

still galaxy is better. Just check if skype to skype free calls are availeble from mobile.