Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Samsung Galaxy I899 Launched In Reliance CDMA

Assisted GPS Server is saved in OMH and because of that thing it could not be changed.

and OMH values can not be changed !

Assisted GPS Server is saved in OMH and because of that thing it could not be changed.

and OMH values can not be changed !

This is interesting. Do all OMH cards have this AGPS server information or is it only the OMH cards that are bundled with i899 that have this information? I guess if it requires a specific OMH card or OMH activation from samsung i899 , then I need to do that. I could not dial *228 from i899 because it did not let me enter the digits (the message "Activation in progress" blocked the dialpad.

I heard from customer care that EVDO for this handset is only available when you connect the mobile to the computer. Otherwise from the handset it is 1xRTT. Is it true?

@ Hetal, Muffaddal, Dkaile, Kshah - EVDO is available for tethering only, our customer care saying...lols

Woh waha pe hai isi liye hum yaha pe hai..

CC are ash****les no matter of which company they are. I know how my GPRS on Reliance Prepaid was understood by them and every call made my BP to extreme level. Be cool and dont call them just figure it out.

Ti Peng : Dont tell me that Master Shifu tought you that.

Kung fu Panda : Forget it, i figured it out. ( This is the way to live the life )

Sahi baat hai...wo waha hai tabhi hum yaha hai..

Sirft script read karna aata hai...apni akal se kaam nahi lete...

I got a replacement handset and everything seems better in this. I was able to get the GPS lock too by keeping the phone on the roof for about 2 minutes. Thanks everyone for the help.

i hv a samsung i899 but no one from reliane or samsung is able to help me in regards to settings for using the EVideo.

Reliance customer care have no idea about this samsung model and both samsung and reliance are pointing the finger at each other and not ready to take responsibility for activation of the phone. I am suprised and want your help

^^^

first and foremost evdo has to be activated by reliance for your mdn , only then u can get evdo on ur handset

samsung have nothing to do with it

u gotta bug reliance people only

i hv a samsung i899 but no one from reliane or samsung is able to help me in regards to settings for using the EVideo.

Reliance customer care have no idea about this samsung model and both samsung and reliance are pointing the finger at each other and not ready to take responsibility for activation of the phone. I am suprised and want your help

first you need a omh sim card,...

go to settings-->wireless controls->mobile networks-->cdma settings-->reliance net connect

over there just give your phone number in both user name and password

and you can use evdo

Edited by chiragkrishna

was just checking about the phone in china forums and guess what i found this

this phone has android 2.1 well according the china samung site,... here is the site

http://promotion.samsungmobile.com.cn/event/I6500U/index.html?intcmp=cn_home_keyvisual_I6500U

dasdas.jpg

hope some chinese people can through some light into this,...

Edited by chiragkrishna

^^^ There are no chinese people on RIMweb.in

Reliance Contact Centre ki Jai Ho.

All customer care peoples are DUMBO !! thats why RimWeb is here to help. 

and guys like you who can do without CC !

Hello rimwebians,

I am seriously considering buying this phone. Only problem is I have a htc legend gsm on vodafone. The main reason I went for an android device was to have push like gmail.

But to my astonishment I came to know when I srarted using the handset that when you are using the edge connection the android phones do not accept voice calls. The callers get a message sayong the subscriber is not rechable even if iam in I have full signal and other vodafone mobiles near me are able to receive calls. This is a known issue with android mobiles . So iam guessing this issue is only with gsm android phones.

Can anyone using the samsung 899 confirm me if they are able to be active on evdo and are able to receive incomming calls ?

^^^

This is also issue in cdma , but only on 1x data, you can activate EVDO on i889 and while using EVDO data u can get calls ! that is a plus point for EVDO :Riendo:

this is not issue with edge

in edge u should recieve calls even in data is on

and if it is edge class a then u should get data also on while u on calls

its only on 1x where ur phone will come busy , and thats major drawback for people who keep data on al time

but on evdo calls comes when data is on , and when calls connects data stops

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your reply, I got a Samsung i899. Only issue I notice is that when I keep the data on at all the time, it costs me really High. I am on the EV mode, ( I previously had the Samsung TV Handset with my Reliance Pre-Paid Number activated for EVDO and used the same OMH RUIM to Samsung i899 ). I mean, one full day data usage and with may be some 20 calls and 5 text messages Cost me almost 300/- :Equivocado:

My Full data usage would have come to a max of 40 MB.

I thought that the General plan for the Broadband + for prepaid mobiles like Corby TV was 10P / 10 KB ( was informed by one of the Reliance Webworlds in Chennai :Confuso: ) .

Now I don't know if there is any special plans based on Data any special recharge for Prepaid Mobiles.

Can any one inform me ?

@@ Mufaddal Bhai - Sorry I am going off topic : I too was of the opinion that the calls in GSM should connect even if there is Data activity , the data should be interrupted and calls should connect. After all a mobile phone's primary activity is for Voice communication. But none the same , this problem is existant in GSM, and I wonder how I am the Un lucky one to get the full blow of it. Obviously in 2G when the mobile is active in Data call, it cannot accept Voice call simultaniously. This was a problem with GSM version 1 and they upgraded it ( but most operators did not upgrade ). In this upgrade, when there is data communication in the mobile and when a call comes in the Telecom company sends a packet data to the mobile to interrupt the data communication and for the voice communication to connect. Due to some misfortune this never happend to me . During my 10 years with Hutch / Vodafone, I have changed aleast 10 Sims and 20 Handsets. Only handsets where I did not have the problem was with the ones where there was no Data Access ( Basic Mobiles ). I got fed up and when I noticed that I did not have this problem in Reliance under EVDO with the corby TV, I switched to reliance full time and got the Samsung i899, selling the TV mobile to my friend.

I don't know if I can give links for website here . Mods Sorry, please edit if I should not. Source : http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android/thread?tid=61e3a6c8d8070707&hl=en

I have purchase new Samsung Galaxy i899 but not getting internet speed 2.1 mbps?

Does any know what to do?

Any Special Settings for enable hi-speed Internet in Handset?

Please help.

I have purchase new Samsung Galaxy i899 but not getting internet speed 2.1 mbps?

Does any know what to do?

Any Special Settings for enable hi-speed Internet in Handset?

Please help.

You have to get it enabled from the backend. Contact the RWorld from where you bought the handset.

whether this will allow wifi Tethering or wifi hotspot..

thanks..

dear friends , i purchased the phone ,and am satisfied with it except that i cannot access phone memory while connecting to my pc via data cable. i can only access the sd-card.

kindly help

Hi

I am in Bangalore. Can someone please tell me where can I get this phone and what is the price?

Hi

I am in Bangalore. Can someone please tell me where can I get this phone and what is the price?

I would suggest go for some other phone like HTC Hero or Incredible or Samsung Epic,

you can buy it on rimweb....

Could Samsung/Reliance not find a more dated phone to release?

Hi

I would suggest go for some other phone like HTC Hero or Incredible or Samsung Epic,

you can buy it on rimweb....

If you want to use EVDO with android , then this is option

Hi Friends,

First Let me wish you all a happy new year.

Now I have been using this phone for the past 4 months, and I have speedtest.net app on it.

I notice that the speed is almost always a constant of 240 to 300 kbps even if the EV reception is Full.

Is this normal ? Other friends who have this mobile can you confirm ?

I ask because I also have bsnl gsm 3g with a HTC legend, and the same app I get up to 3 MBPS download speed.

Also another problem I face in this phone is that the tower information is not constantly updated. For example, I have this mobile in my pocket, and if I look at the tower , it shows full . But, I try calling , it does not connect. Then, after a 5 seconds the tower goes to just one point. I think this is a problem because of older version of Android.

Has any one successfully installed newer version of Android on this Mobile ?

Thanks.