Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
test

Is Tata Indicom Still Accepting Foreign MEID?

I'm planning to get a new phone from the US. Is TATA still accepting foreign MEIDs? Also, will they work with new postpaid connection?

they have different policies in different regions

they accept esn readily

but not meid

You need to have good contacts with TATA guys for using MEID

Even some times they dont activate ESN (ask Deepan about it)

So first confirm with your local tata guys and they go a head.

As you are going to take new connection they may help you in it.

New prepaid number can be done on MEID.

Try Your Luck !!!

• Like 1

^^^

they do take esn

but u gotta make sure they put in as non Tsim esn

^^^

As deepan says tata hub guys are lazy in his area, so that could be the problem,

so my suggestion is first check with local tata hub and confirm .

can a handset change card help? Also who is the person to contact for this like CC,true shop or nodal officer etc???

strange

may be he shud try other locality

they will do it

strange

may be he shud try other locality

they will do it

It is NOT just a locality, full ROTN (Rest of Tamil Nadu) circle.. As usual, heavy politics is behind this problem..

The problem is "Liver of Tata Indicom" in ROTN got decayed.. Capable TI staffs have already left TI and those vacancies are NOT AT ALL filled by TI.. Only worthless guys are sitting there, though under-paid.. Further they are also given unbearable work-load.. Guess, in this situation, if I came and ask them to activate my number in Foreign BB, what they will do??? THIS IS GOING ON IN RoTN circle..

Tatas are keen in cost cutting activities.. They are NOT even paying the incentives (for the target achieved), allowances (incl. travel, food and other expenses) of staff in FULL from NOVEMBER2009 (I don't know whether it is the management's fault or some MIDDLE-MAN eating others incentives)..

As a result, nice staffs, who has stuff and having technical knowledge and willing to work has already left TI.. Few examples are Mr.Hari, a very good friend of me (Infact I got Treo800w from Hitesh, with only hope of him) didn't got allowances right from endOf2009 and left for Datacom during MarchEnd2010...

Later Mr.LaxmiNarayan (Retention Dept. of TI) tried a lot to help me & finally said MEID based 800w is difficult and if I bring an E$N based set, then he will definitely help.. Guess what??? When Hitesh Bhai disabled MEID in 800w and made it E$N based, Mr.LaxmiNarayan also left TI for RGsm.. (I think he is Head there with salary upto 4 times he got in TI)

In the mean time I got one BB8830 from HiteshBhai for my wife.. Now I am trying to load my wife's TI mobile number in it.. I got the help of them once again and got the Head number, Mr.Venu.. But the captain of TITANIC (the SINKING SHIP) said colourful lies in English, that TATAs have NEVER ACCEPTED Foreign Handsets, and if I know anyone whose foreign handset got activated in TATA, he will look into it and help me.. I said that "RATAN TATA used PALM Treo755p in TI", which is a foreign handset.. SupremeFireWorks from my hometown, SIVAKASI has used MotoQ in TI, which he bought from USA (but Unluckily, his whole group left TI, due to BAD network <<Another Story, will tell later>>, when I tried to contact him)..

Later I got help from HiteshBhai once again, to give me few member's numbers who are using foreign handets in TI without any problems (of course after getting their permissions).. I got Mr.SumitVerma's (Thanks, Sir JI) number, which I have given to Mr.Venu and WAITING TO GET YET ANOTHER RIDICULOUS LIE from him..

Well, sometimes having good contacts in TI is NOT ENOUGH... Being a GOLD segment customer, I threatened that if I left TI, then my friends (MeenaPaper <GOLD>, VaanavilOffset <Silver>, RK Process<Blue>) will also leave TI.. They are COOL-LY saying that, "YOU CAN LEAVE ANY-TIME, THAT IS YOUR WISH".. You think, these people will help me????

Simple steps to do:-

1) Add foreign E$N to their DB

2) Associate my number with that E$N, give 14 digit code to me for activation (*228)..

The problems are:-

1) Staffs are NOT happy in TI of RoTN.. Under-Paid, overLoad..

2) So they are NOT AT ALL ready to help customers..

3) Even worse, they Don't CARE if customers leave TI, in bulk..

4) Just for last 2 months, N/W is CONGESTED and coverage has dropped... I think this is due to n/w guys activity to show their anger on TI..

The condition of SIVAKASI is even worse.. The dealer KJP (my distant relation) is NOT happy with TI.. No staff-in-charge for SIVAKASI.. Even the collection boy (ONLY ONE GUY) is planning to leave TI, due to heavy work-pressure (though he is paid GOOD) and NOT interested in answering customer's queries..

------------------------------------------

Well, MY LONG RANT is not for our fellow members... It will be boring for them, I know.. But I know few Tata guys (atleast in Docomo) are here in rimweb, and this reply is dedicated to them...

The TI(TANIC) ship is sinking down... I am seriously thinking of closing all my and friends' 30 connections... But the only problem is I got fancy numbers from them 924422xx99, where x=2 to 8 and 9244224492)... I am confused whether to wait for MNP or to close my connections...

^

Dont you worry, Buzz me on my number.

Atleast will get your issue resolved.

Mail me the documents as well, Kindly grab my mail from Hitesh bhai.

• Like 1

Sumit Bhai good to see u helping tata guys

Dont you worry, Buzz me on my number.

Atleast will get your issue resolved.

Mail me the documents as well, Kindly grab my mail from Hitesh bhai.

:previous:

Thanks Sumit bhai... I initially hesitated a lot to even give your number to Tata guys of TN, thinking it may affect you later.. You are really very helpful, like Hitesh Bhai..

I am in business tour and so somewhat busy now.. I will call you by 11-June-2010 morning, when I reach Raipur..

And what documents, you want me to send by e-mail... Really I don't understand sir.. Please PM me those details or mail me at kanagadeepan at gmail dot com.

Thanks a lot...

No Issues at all, just remember from next time, you dont need to change your esn, just change the registered esn of old phone and copy it in the new one and copy paste the MIN as well, just like Cut-Paste. You will never need to go to tata Hub for activation.

Also make sure to write down your current MIN and keep it handy as it doesnt change and OTAF wont update your MIN due to some technical issues with Tata OTA.

Check your mail as well.

@ Parin Bhai

Thanks, I have been helped by gurus millions, billions, zillion times, this is nothing that I am giving in return :winko:

Edited by SumitVerma
  • Like 1

Dear Sumitji,

I got new BB8330 from Zayed bhai ,few days back.I have tata indicom cdma SIM working on chinese handset which had stopped working due to immersion in rain.I have corporate post paid account with tata indicom, I went with my new BB and they refused to activate it .They insisted on me having to subscribe for bb paid service for 300 rs per month before they would even consider trying.SO i chose their plan and they tried activation but they got message saying ESN not registered.

Now seeing this post of yours ,can i get the ESN and MIN from my presently working CDMA SIM and input that on the new BB?will this work?

Zayed bhai has suggested getting ESN registered using nonOTA option and getting them to generate MIN for that but I dont think the tata indicom people will co operate.

What do you and other experts here suggest?

^

Zayed needs to learn more from Sadikk bhai. non-ota option doesnt allow to change esn from T-SIM to Non T-SIM anymore.

as far as your esn is concerned, Kindly contact your cell provider, they should be helping out you with that.

If still stuck leave me a message and will try to help you out.

TATA will not accept any foreign ESN.

You can do below things..

1. Give ur BB's esn & Akey to TATA & tell them to upload this Akey to their database. Concerned person for the same in TTSL is Shehnaz Shaikh & Imran Khan5. Once they send this mail to them, they will upload the Akey in their database, but after toooo much of followup.

2. Once they confirm Akey uploaded, after 2 days you tell TATA Hub staff to swap ur ESN without OTA Update. And SR will be closed successfully. Then just take MIN & put in ur BB.

This will 100% solve your problem.

Akey needs to be calculated by you. You can use this link to download Akey calculator. Once downloaded, you just put ur ESN & put any 20 digit number in Akey. accordingly, u the cheksum is generated.

Once done u have to give your ESN, Akey (20 digit) & Cheksum (6 digits ) to tata for uploading. You also have to put your Akey in your BB by ##SPC. This should be same that you generated & type it full 26 digits in your phone.

I have did the same & it took me a week to activate my phone. This is a recent change in TATA & they are not accepting any foreign ESN/MEID wither for post or prepaid.

You must have patience & regular followup. Also, dont try to clone as they have enabled Akey, your cloned phone will not work.

Hope this helps...

Thanks to HetalDP, Hitesh.rimweb, Mufaddal & Parin for all their support during these 8 days.

Need help urgently. Bought a Incredible from Sadik Bhai, programmed it with his help, got the new ESN registered and got it working perfectly on Tata Indicom. But off late my some issue in my handset cropped up and was not able to open any application/market/etc. Also lost all my contacts. Then did a factory reset. I forgot to copy my MIN. After the reset, I programmed my registered ESN in the phone, but to no use. My phone no. kept coming switched off. Tried dialing *228, but they said that the programming cannot be done on my handset as it has been blocked.

Then i tried registering a new ESN for my no, but now the the Tata Indicom guy says that they are not able to register the new esn as they are getting the error that the esn in not in the A-Key database.

Please help me as to how can i get my phone working. I still have my old tata sim (if that is of any help. Mine is a CDMA postpaid no.

Thanks and Regards

Manuj Gupta

Edited by manujgupta

Dear Hitesh Bhai,

I have given MEID yesterday to Tata Indicom help desk.Today i received a mail that their ESN is not registered and they wanted fresh ESN, SO i gave the BB's ESN which they have said they will upload.

Is the AKEY still required to be given after this?

Incidentally I have not told them that it is a Blackberry I have told them that its a chinese mobile,as they were not willing to register blackberry and were forcing me to apply for corporate Plan for blackberry mail which I did not want.

I hope I have not created confusion ,If I tell them I have AKEY will they know its a Blackberry or is AKEY for all CDMA mobiles?

Also In the operator details it shows Fast 100 as operator but not Tata or anyother service provider.

ALso ##SPC gives operator code/country code for TATA ,but in 'status' thes operator called FAST 100 appears only and a phone number starting with 515 appears as my number,and when i tried *228 it told me my handset was blocked, after asking language preference ,and then postpaid or prepaid plan?

Does this mean im in a mess?

Hope you and other Rimwebians can guide me further by providing your valuable opinion.

• Like 1

and when i tried *228 it told me my handset was blocked, after asking language preference ,and then postpaid or prepaid plan?

Having same problem.

Any solutions as yet ?

- wow! Before reading the posts, I didnt know that TI's management and operations were in such shambles in Tamil Nadu. -

Did the below mentioned procedure...

But the tata guys are not even accepting the AKEY given by the customer....

any other way out???

TATA will not accept any foreign ESN.

You can do below things..

1. Give ur BB's esn & Akey to TATA & tell them to upload this Akey to their database. Concerned person for the same in TTSL is Shehnaz Shaikh & Imran Khan5. Once they send this mail to them, they will upload the Akey in their database, but after toooo much of followup.

2. Once they confirm Akey uploaded, after 2 days you tell TATA Hub staff to swap ur ESN without OTA Update. And SR will be closed successfully. Then just take MIN & put in ur BB.

This will 100% solve your problem.

Akey needs to be calculated by you. You can use this link to download Akey calculator. Once downloaded, you just put ur ESN & put any 20 digit number in Akey. accordingly, u the cheksum is generated.

Once done u have to give your ESN, Akey (20 digit) & Cheksum (6 digits ) to tata for uploading. You also have to put your Akey in your BB by ##SPC. This should be same that you generated & type it full 26 digits in your phone.

I have did the same & it took me a week to activate my phone. This is a recent change in TATA & they are not accepting any foreign ESN/MEID wither for post or prepaid.

You must have patience & regular followup. Also, dont try to clone as they have enabled Akey, your cloned phone will not work.

Hope this helps...

Thanks to HetalDP, Hitesh.rimweb, Mufaddal & Parin for all their support during these 8 days.

Did everything possible for tata indicom Postpaid activation on phone. After some efforts Phone got activated for few hours then services stopped.

SO i guess Tata Indicom activation is difficult.If anyone succeeds please let me know the method.

I was helped in my efforts by Hitesh.rimweb who is really a gem of a person as are other senior members in this forum.

^^^

Thanks ! but sorry to hear that phone just worked for few hrs.

still working on other ways for activation. will let you know if get something solid.