Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
test

Is Tata Indicom Still Accepting Foreign MEID?

SO THEY ARE HESITATING TO PATCH SECURITY ISSUE.

AND WANT THEIR CUSTOMER TO SUFFER FOR CHOICE OF HANDSET.

^^^

Think they want to earn from it (bad )

There is a solution for TATA not to worry !

^^^^^

Is solution possbile with HSIA?

Edited by arjags

Could you be more detailed about this statement. Because I too think the same thing. (Some people in the local gray market were able to get ESN's registered with Tata Indicom when TI refused the same to some of my friends.)

^^^

Think they want to earn from it (bad )

Edited by anandjm

This is the current official response of TTSL on ESN/MEID registrations on Tata Indicom

... we do not allow registration of the ESN numbers of open market handsets due to security reasons and we have already put this as a suggestion to the concerned team ...

Edited by anandjm

Hello Everybody

As some of you might have already known, i bought a HTC Droid Incredible mobile phone unwittingly.

I want to use the mobile in Tata Indicom network anyhow.

The mobile phone don't have sim card slot.

Please someone gimme a candle.

Hello Everybody

It appears Tata Indicom Karnataka is or at least in my area, they are not objecting activating foreign mobile phones in their network.

I have some contacts with higher officials in Tata Indicom.

Can you let me know what i have to ask or how can i approach them ?

Should i flash Tata Indicom PRL before approaching them?

How i can associate a mobile number to my mobile phone without inserting T-SIM, RIUM card in it?

As my mobile phone don't have SIM card slot, i hope not having SIM card slots in CDMA mobile phone is commonplace in abroad.

The people i talk to in Tata Indicom are not having much knowledge in uploading ESN/AKey into their back-end n'all.

^^^

I think u got your solution !!

Any more recent updates on registering with TI, now that all TI are re-branded to Tata Docomo?

TATA

Ko

TATA kardo

Nahi sudhrenge

^^^^^

Very TRUE... They are NOT at all concentrating on their CDMA business...

That's why ported out my 5 year old TATA number to rcdma yesterday...

Would miss TATA's network though but can't bear this harassment any more..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

You would certainly miss ev do plans also

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Correct TATA really does not care about its CDMA business except in Delhi, Since they do not have GSM license here. 0/D SMS issue, but no resolution, Hub guys dont know about anything, but have no choice since their coverage is far better than Reliance at my home town & the place I am at Delhi now.

hey guys i'm new to this entire world phone thing. got a photon 4g from parin programmed for indicom. what has to be done from my side? any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Any update ??coz i want to port my number from rcdma postpaid to docomo cdma real bad.

Any update ??coz i want to port my number from rcdma postpaid to docomo cdma real bad.

TATA cdma seems to be on verge of shutting down the shop very soon ..

They have already closed jalgaon franchise few months back. So issues such as Sim replacement, new connection,etc have become history here now...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Agree on the same, i went through a big struggle to get my no ported from reliance prepaid to tata cdma prepaid and i am still struggling for porting to happen. Also there are hardly any retailers who have stock or are selling the indicom cdma connection. They all are pushing to sell Docomo 3G connection and are not interested in cdma at all.

Tata has also closed their office in my town Sivakasi... For last one year, I am paying using oxigen only...

The plan is simple, move or migrate all customers to Docomo 3g and use CDMA only for data services. This is the reason why they are not entertaining any port in request for cdma , and are not selling new cdma connections in most of the places. Only in Delhi i feel this would not be applicable as they do not have license for gsm there.

Only in Delhi i feel this would not be applicable as they do not have license for gsm there.

Bilkul sahi bola bhai.

for me I have no choice but to be on TATA since at my place Reliance does not have coverage.

in UP(W) tata is best and Reliance at its worst.

In my place also the COCO (Company Owned & Company Operated) Exclusive Store has been shut down few months back. The stores in Kolkata don't deal our problems as we fall under Rest Of West Bengal circle.

It's now a difficult proposition altogether.

Edited by sougatadc

There is still a rumor that Tata is going to convert cdma network to gsm once the NTP 2012 comes into effect (technology neutral) any service on given spectrum (850MHz in this case, like at&t in US doing).... but that's a long way to go, which will only speed up if reliance also trying to do the same..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2