Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chintan1

Need Suggestion For Laptop

Dear All ,

Need ur valuable suggestion for buying a new Laptop for home purpose replacing current desktop . :).

Budget is between 30- 35 K can stretch a little bit if good options r available .

Main usage for surfing internet , watching movies & personal use . some what for mobile programming & no gaming :D .

So kindly suggest for which company to go for & for which model .

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions . :)

I would suggest, seeing your needs, to go in for a Netbook and save some moolah... However go for one offering minimum vertical screen resolution of 768 and not 600 (as is the conventional resolution in netbooks)...

e.g. - 1. http://www1.ap.dell....s=dhs&cs=indhs1 (This has an option to upgrade to higher screen resolution of 768)

2. http://www.acer.co.in/acer/product.do?link=oln85e.redirect&changedAlts=&kcond48e.c2att101=-1&CRC=2759084358#wrAjaxHistory=0

Edited by dkaile

you can go for Dell 3300 vostro laptop, its commercial so have a better components and battery life, plus 24x7 support.

I have just bought an Acer TIMELINE 3810T... Search the internet for specs... Im impressed btw.. The processor is slow (1.4GHz), but its ok for my nominal use... Just like yours... btw, I got mine from Dubai and it costed me 2050 dhirams...

Another option I would like to give is Asus UL30A-X5... Not available in India though... Search for it.. DJ and DKaile are also searching for one.. ;)

If you wanna buy something from here in India only, then nothing better than the DELL Studio series with intel 13/i5 processors...

I would suggest, seeing your needs, to go in for a Netbook and save some moolah... However go for one offering minimum vertical screen resolution of 768 and not 600 (as is the conventional resolution in netbooks)...

e.g. - 1. http://www1.ap.dell....s=dhs&cs=indhs1 (This has an option to upgrade to higher screen resolution of 768)

2. http://www.acer.co.i...wrAjaxHistory=0

Don't you think netbooks are little small for watching movies...OP would like to watch movies too....in my opinion 14" is best for his need...and it's in his budget too...and never ever go for Acer...their parts are not durable and service is very poor....Dell has excellent service and their laptops are durable....

Edited by konquerror

^

I disagree; I am using both Dell Studio 15 and have used Acer 4710 and AspireOne Netbook. I dont feel that the quality is anywhere inferior and commensurates with its cost. I am also not overly impressed with quality of my dell Studio 15 notebook... With screen resolution being as it is, 10" to 14" would be quite similar in the movie watching experience and both would in fact lack the movie watching requirement. For that a minimum screen size of 17"+ would be required...

Friends, I am planning to buy one for me as well in May.. I would request someone to enlighten me about notebooks and laptops regarding the major and minor differences and pros and cons.. I am planning to keep the cost upto 35K.. I intend to use it for surfing net, music, movies alone and no heavy duty stuff..Thanks in advance..

i have been using a netbook and based on my experince , its worth every penny

it can do almost all basic tasks , and even watching movie doesnt hamper your experince

if ur usage is not much graphic intensive , i suggest you to save money and get a netbook only

^

For all my heavy duty and business related work for which I use softwares like Photoshop, AutoCAD, CorelDRAW, MS Office, Tally and other custom made business softwares, I use my Desktop PC (assembled but very high configuration specs). For normal browsing only I use my Laptop. I like to watch movies also on my Desktop's 19" LCD as I feel anything smaller than that is not justified for this purpose. Also even the best of laptops cannot offer you the sound quality of even a 2.1 sub woofer based Creative/Lansing speaker system, which I have installed on my desktop.

Now coming to difference between netbook and notebook the main differences are in -

- Processing power (though netbook's atom based processors suffice in all general environment)

- Ram (that is a major problem in netbook's limitation to max. 2GB); here the notebook wins...

- Hard disk (here the netbook's 160-250gb suffices for most general application)

- Screen Size and resolution (here the netbook looses big time and mostly the notebook's win; however for general browsing etc. and if your eye sight is good (LOL), then netbook COULD suffice)

- Keyboard and Trackpad (here also netbook's are nearly there but still lack the tactile feel of the notebook's input devices)

- Battery Life (No competition; Netbook's win by a huge margin)

- Portability (again Netbook's win big time)

- Economy (No competition here either; the Netbook wins)

Now choose what is more important to you out of the above parameters and make your decision...

• Like 4

^

Thats a beautifully laidout difference. Anyone could easily choose now.

Dear All ,

Need ur valuable suggestion for buying a new Laptop for home purpose replacing current desktop . :).

Budget is between 30- 35 K can stretch a little bit if good options r available .

Main usage for surfing internet , watching movies & personal use . some what for mobile programming & no gaming :D .

So kindly suggest for which company to go for & for which model .

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions . :)

I'd suggest the Olive Netbook:

http://www.olivetelecom.in/laptop/mini-laptops/netbook-x107h.html

To view movies on a larger screen one could use the VGA & Audio OUT to connect to an external display.

It has an inbuilt high speed EV-DO modem which comes with a default TATA Photon+ connection. I have tried it out n its superb! :)

The best part is it costs just around 18K!!

Best wishes,

Clinton

if screen size is not a problem, its max 10", then go for netbook. u can buy 2 in the 35k that too from hp and still save money. i generally dont recommend netbooks as screen size is small and no optical drive. other option, go for acer notebooks. good brand at better cost...

Dear All ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion & specially Dhiraj bhai for explaining difference between Net book & Notebook . :)

As i am purchasing for my dad & sister they need large screen .. :( Even i was suppose to get desktop with 21' inch LCD but will be shifting to temporary location for a year so have space constraints there ... :'(

I searched in Croma in Mumbai but they only have hp , comapaq , Acer & Sony & overly priced .

so mostly will be getting Dell™ Inspiron 15 New Laptop (S541206IN8) thru there website itself .

Thanks a lot once again to every one here . :signthankspin:

Edited by chintan1

^

Dont forget to BARGAIN with the Phone Support staff at DELL.... Yes, you heard me right... I bargained nearly 4.5K on price + 1.5K on goodies on my Dell Studio 15 (4GB RAM/500GBHDD/512MB Graphic Card). They were selling for 48.5K that time and he gave me discount of Delhi Billing anf net at 44K + gave me free Targus Laptop Bag, Backlit Keyboard and USB Dell Mouse... So dont be afraid to bargain with them, specially at the end of their billing cycle (15th and 30th of every month) when they are desperate to complete their targets...

:previous:

Thanks sirji .... discount on Delhi billing means was it delivered on SEZ address area or what ?

Will now for sure bargain it .... :)

^

They were not giving discount at my Meerut (UP) address citing tax structure there, but gladly gave at a metro address, which in my case was Delhi...

Ok ..because if u take Dell Studio & bill address in SEZ area no vat is charged thats what CC told me ..... :Riendo:

^

no sez funda vunda in my case

Dear Rim Webians

I Want to buy a laptop in which i can do a bit graphic work like adobe photoshop, corel etc

Which should the best laptop to go for

My Budget is 30k

Edited by Arun
<< Topic Merged >>

You might need a dedicated graphics card rather than the integrated graphics card, right? You have to consider a budget above 35k for that.

Than whats ur suggestion to go for

I think Acer is giving that options ar cheap

Hi All,

I am planning to buy Dell XPS 17 L702x from South Africa (since I am south africa) with following specifications

Product features

• Intel® Core i7-2720QM processor 2.2 GHz
  • 8192MB RAM
  • 1.2TB HDD
  • Tray load Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo (Read BD and
  • Writes DVD/CD)
  • Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6230 (2x2 b/g/n
  • Bluetooth Combo Card), memory card reader and webcam
  • nVidia GeForce GT 555M 3GB dedicated graphics card - 3D capable
  • 3D True-life (1920x1080) 1080p with 2.0 MP with Nvidia Glasses, integrated camera,JBL Speakers
  • Internal backlit keyboard
  • 17"
  • MS Windows 7 Home Premium
  • 4 Year International onsite warranty

This is available here at R17999/- on which i will get 14% VAT return which amounts to apprx R16000/- which is INR 96000/-

http://www.incredible.co.za/ProductDescription.aspx?SKU=77102

Please suggest me if this would be a correct purchase rather than purchasing from India.

Mr Parekh the hardware is pretty good also the prise

But windows home premium!!!!!!!!

Na na go for professional or ultimate .... Take a upgrade.

Taptalk on ™iPad 2