Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Bsnl 3G Brief Review

BSNL 3G is launched in Ahmedabad and I bought it yesterday. As usual, just like any other operator, BSNL APN and settings were not delivered to my N97 (Some how N97 has problem with most operators) automatically. So I had to search net and found document and configured.

Speed is not comparable to EVDO and latency is higher. It operates at about 50-60% of EVDO and speed recovery in EVDO is much better. Interesting thing is host shown in speed test is huges. My phone shows it as 3.5G :Riendo: So I feel happy that my CDMA is 3G and GSM is 3.5G, even if its slower. One thing I am sure is 3G is going to disappoint we all. We will not get we all dreaming.

Advantage over EVDO Rev-A, is VOICE DATA SIMULTANEOUS IS POSSIBLE.

I am still not able to find a person who can do video calling with me so no comments about it.

867484778.png

867486944.png

867488140.png

867490420.png

lol

0.06 upload speed if not sufficient to Transmit video from local handset and if both party have this low video non of video will be transmited

I have BSNL 3G sim which i am using only for emergency data on my Dell Laptop (as I have also installed WWAN mini pci modem in my dell from HK @1.5K)

Topic, I discussed this was here -

My speeds were also posted there and were much better than yours - 0.68MBps in Meerut LOL... and 1.45MBps in delhi...

I am regularly using video call facility between MTNL-Delhi and BSNL-Kolkata numbers for last six months. have not faced any difficulty so far.

@kshah,

why dont; u exchange ur mobile number with "commonman" whhich gives to better idea about video calling,

AS STD video calls are also cheaper in bsnl

One thing I am sure is 3G is going to disappoint we all. We will not get we all dreaming.

Well I wouldn't agree with that based on the performance from BSNL. The EVDO connection from BSNL has poor performance when compared with Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ or TATA Photon+, except that the cost is higher. So 3G GSM from private operators should be used as a benchmark for which we have to wait.

I am not concluding from bsnl. I checked reliance and Tata evdo and bsnl. 3g. Does this mean that in ahmedabad every operator has speed issue?

One thing I am sure is 3G is going to disappoint we all. We will not get we all dreaming.

Well I wouldn't agree with that based on the performance from BSNL. The EVDO connection from BSNL has poor performance when compared with Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ or TATA Photon+, except that the cost is higher. So 3G GSM from private operators should be used as a benchmark for which we have to wait.

even i believe 3GSm wont be as good as evdo..coz they are operating in very limited spectrum, evdo is much more spectrum efficient than HSDPA used by GSM operators..and moreover EVDO is more robust and matured technology than 3gsm, Further evdo requires lesser no of towers, for 3gsm operator need to double their towers

Edited by suvirajshetty

COntrary to my first post BSNL EVDO is improving day by day in AHmedabad. See my today's download speed

Also I am getting 50 - 125 KBPS consistently and most of the times it hovers around 90-110 KBPS

post-842-033445200 1279601310_thumb.png

try speed test at singapore or netherlands server. You'll get better speeds.