Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ravi_patent

Idea Issues 3,640 Connections To One Person

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/idea-issues-3640-connections-to-one-person/403737/

Telecom service provider Idea Cellular has issued a whopping 3,640 connections to one person and the company he owns, Limco Sales Corporation.

“Idea Cellular had issued 3,640 post-paid connections to a single person and his company Limco Sales Corporation in Delhi and as per the report of the Department of Telecom, the bulk connections have been rented out to other customers,” Minister of State for Telecom and IT Sachin Pilot said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.

“The practice of providing mobile connections to an individual without maintaining his identity particulars has security implications and operational activities of security agencies are hampered due to non-availability of identity of a suspected target,” Pilot said.

According to licence conditions, vigilance should be exercised in providing bulk telephone connections for a single user as well as for a single location. Provision of 10 or more connections may be taken as bulk for this purpose, he said.

The home ministry has said security agencies are facing problems in establishing identity of actual users in cases where bulk connections have been activated in the name of a single user, location or an organisation and the numbers have been further distributed or rented out for use.

I too have more than 500 connection,prepaid.so what the issue for it? :confuse:

That man was misusing those postpaid connections or what??? If NOT (for example a corporate scheme) what is the issue in this??

Distributors of All mobile company to complete the targets they make false application,

If they don't reach target they won't earn the extra money.

May be this person was victim by some distributor or any other reason

:Riendo: :Riendo: :Riendo:

there are various type of connection activation schemes. like my 1st organzation was in Telco Retail and they were suppose to have recharge sims at across all the stores these sims were activated with id of one of the director. also all landline and corporate phones(Which were given top level management) were activated under the name of Director. for all these things All Operators took written agreement that any misuse will be the responsibility of the user.

To keep things simple, corporate connections can be taken on Corporate/Company name. Why use individual or personal name?

Main issue is fixing the responsibility for (mis)use of mobile number. If operators take written agreement for responsibility then I think theres no problem to the operator atleast.

Guys the connections were taken on a corporate name....

And given to individual persons for their personal use....

Say like if their bargain for 3000+ connections then any telecom company wud be giving dirt cheap plan....

Like RIL Industries plan with Rs. 50 plan or something else.....

Oh... Good.. Now I can understand the behind the screen activities... :Sorprendido:

Even I have heard one such scheme for Vodafone in TN, whereas the rent is Rs120 all v2v calls FREE and all Locals @ 25p, First 600 Local/National SMS FREE and comes with Rs100 FREE usage :rofl_200: .. I got news that, it was part of corp connection of size 2000+ users and I will get bills by that corp name.. I rejected their offer (espewcially for their name issue)..