Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ravi_patent

AirTel's 3G Roadpath

Bharti Airtel has unveiled its new logo and launched 3G services on the Nehru Maidan in manglore on Monday, Nov 22 afternoon..

Full story here:-

http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=broadcast&broadcastid=208883

Edit:-

Airtel has also come up with handset offers with 3G

Galaxy Tab and S and Wave:-

2 GB data download per month for 6 months @ just Rs.300

other Samsung Phones:-

2 GB data download per month for 2 months @ just Rs.49/month

Nokia N8:-

2 GB data download per month for 6 months.

Other Select Nokia Phones:-

2 GB data download per month for 2 months @ just Rs.49/month

Edited by rahulmalik_81

We Try Out The Airtel 3G Video Calling and Mobile Broadband

The battle is set for 3G mobile service operators to fight an exciting game in Metro cities. Some like Airtel have gone ahead in launching the 3G much ahead of its peers in Mumbai and Delhi Metro circles.

Yesterday TelecomTalk got privilege to officially Test the Airtel 3G / HSDPA + network, Data Speed and Video Calling in Mumbai before the commercial launch which is expected in December 2010.

We tested Airtel 3G connection in Mumbai by using 7.2 Mbps Huawei HSDPA 3G Data Card then we tried it out on mobile handset Nokia E75 and Samsung Galaxy S for Video Calling (Airtel to Airtel and Airtel to MTNL both) and Mobile Broadband-Internet.

Airtel 3G – Following are the observations :

1. The Airtel 3G network is very strong in-terms of Out Door coverage in Mumbai city area while Indoor coverage at most of the place in South Mumbai area are available along with MTNL and Reliance 3G . Here i can say Thumbs up to Airtel for good 3G network !

2. We got the 2.4 Mbps downloading and 360 Kbps uploading speed with Airtel 3G. The speed test was done using the Huawei 7.2 Mbps Data card by Airtel 3G Team with the 3G Sim Card.

3. While testing Airtel 3G the constant speed received was on average about more than 2 Mbps, please be noted that the maximum speed was up to 2.4 Mbps.

4. Finally We test the Video Calling capabilities of Airtel 3G. The Video Call facility is available for Own Net and Off net both. Video Streaming is really good however I didn’t found any difference of quality of Video Streaming/Video Calling between the MTNL 3G and Airtel 3G.

It is significant to say that Bharti Airtel is more prepared to 3G rolls out because it allows Video Calling to any other/existing 3G operators like MTNL/BSNL which is still not available with the Tata Docomo’s commercial 3G network in 9 telecom circles.

Every operator claims that it has won lucrative 3G circles. The question is who will win the 3G game? Here i can say the operator who will lead the 3G race will be the one who creates a perfect ecosystem (Innovative Products and Services, Affordable Pricing/Value, Network coverage, Network QoS, Good customer service and reasonably priced hardware – dongles and bundled handsets.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/we-try-out-the-airtel-3g-video-calling-and-mobile-broadband/49488/

:previous: Now thats a pretty good example of a really poor article on Telecomtalk. Just look at the language. It is probably not even factually true - I'v heard from several people that AirHELL has a pretty poor network in Bombay, just like rest of Maharashtra. Don't know about the 3G network though.

1. The Airtel 3G network is very strong in-terms of Out Door coverage in Mumbai city area while Indoor coverage at most of the place in South Mumbai area are available along with MTNL and Reliance 3G . Here i can say Thumbs up to Airtel for good 3G network

^^^Amazingly lame way to write... :GirandoOjos:

Edited by raccoon

Although I'm not an Airtel user buy there are many friends of mine who have Airtel Connection from quite sometime and they never complained about Airtel's Network in Mumbai. :)

Yes i am an Airtel user in Mumbai since many years and however hard one hates them for clever tariff packagings, extracting maximum revenue etc, the network has been absolutely good here.

@Honest, I don't know your friends, so this is of course not personal, but people can have really wierd opinions about quality. For eg. some people I know also told me they have no issues with Airtel. When I probed deeper, they were indeed facing issues... or rather these issues are not issues for them. Like one was facing very frequent VAS activations on a regular basis (we all know Airtel is the leader in this too) and continually deactivating the services as a routine... and he thinks thats something he can live with and a few bux here or there does not matter so much. Also some do not indulge in longer calls, so of course rarely faces call drops. Further those who call only from specific areas of the city which incidentally have better coverage/network also said they don't have issues. Some do not use the phone while on a moving vehicle, so they don't experience the super-frequent call drops that happen on the network due to failed cell handovers.

So in short when I'm saying bad, I mean bad in most possible scenarios.

So basically the lower your consciousness and/or the lower your mobile usage, lower are the problems you will notice. :)

Edited by raccoon

^^^

Don't worry dear Raccoon Bhai....woh mera MAHA YAGYA yaad hai na..... Ishwar Pune mein jald he Airtel ke network ko theek karengey. :)

^^^

Don't worry dear Raccoon Bhai....woh mera MAHA YAGYA yaad hai na..... Ishwar Pune mein jald he Airtel ke network ko theek karengey. :)

Lol, I don't care. I hope they don't. I don't have an AirHELL connection anymore.

If fact, I do care - I will be the happiest person when they loose their position as the current market leader. So please, please do not perform this MAHA YAGYA!! :NOTriste:

The only reason I kept it as secondary connection for so long was because I was on the Friendz plan, and it was the cheapest option to call my friends on AirHell and for them to call me. But the network and cheating got so bad, I got rid of it when, to rub salt on the wound, they increased the daily deductions...

Edited by raccoon

Like one was facing very frequent VAS activations on a regular basis (we all know Airtel is the leader in this too) and continually deactivating the services as a routine...

I disagree with the statement that Airtel is the ''leader'' in fake deductions :P Our dear own Reliance owns the post. At the height of its activity (I think after the 3G auctions when the needed to pay up) they deducted Rs.120 from my balance for friends chat pack, hellotune, astrology (they auto assigned me Aries though I am Leo but you know Mom Knows Best). I believe they are into 'Micro finance', deducting small amounts from the huge subscriber base. Airtel have been more considerate, they activated some obscene bikini pack and my monthly itemised statement prominently showed to my father that I have grown up and no longer his lil' kid. Come on Airtel! You know better that some sort of secrecy needs to be maintained in these matters :(;) I thought we had an agreement, I dumped them soon after that.. My Aircel connection also activates random hello tunes at times.

Reliance is leader in fake deduction, they activate their own caller tune and charge for that. The people from rural areas suffer most as they are not well conversant with fighting and deactivating VAS services.

^^^

Hmmmm.....strange....but I think the default Caller Tune of Reliance is not chargeable....its free. :Decepcionado:

Like one was facing very frequent VAS activations on a regular basis (we all know Airtel is the leader in this too) and continually deactivating the services as a routine...

I disagree with the statement that Airtel is the ''leader'' in fake deductions :P Our dear own Reliance owns the post. At the height of its activity (I think after the 3G auctions when the needed to pay up) they deducted Rs.120 from my balance for friends chat pack, hellotune, astrology (they auto assigned me Aries though I am Leo but you know Mom Knows Best). I believe they are into 'Micro finance', deducting small amounts from the huge subscriber base. Airtel have been more considerate, they activated some obscene bikini pack and my monthly itemised statement prominently showed to my father that I have grown up and no longer his lil' kid. Come on Airtel! You know better that some sort of secrecy needs to be maintained in these matters :(;) I thought we had an agreement, I dumped them soon after that.. My Aircel connection also activates random hello tunes at times.

Lol, bikini pack and all... :rofl_200: Well, then in my case at least they were more decent - they thought I'd be happier if I find more friends, get married, change jobs, and what not. But as you say, Mom knows best. :rolleyes:

Anyway, experiences can differ; and also we are in different circles altogether. In my case, Airtel has been the worst experience I have had on all parameters - network, service and billing. My experience with RGSM wasn't half that bad (not talking about the network quality... which is just pathetic and probably even worse than Airtel) - they did try these activations/deductions couple of times in the 1st few months, but both times I got a refund. With AirHELL, forget about refunds, they won't even listen to your case.

Edited by raccoon

Airtel's Upcoming 3G Launch Ad. Music by A. R. Rehman

Bharti Airtel to launch 3G services within a week

23 Jan, 2011, 11.29AM IST,PTI

NEW DELHI: With the government clearing decks for video calling on mobile phones, the country's largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel today said it will commercially launch 3G mobile services within a week.

"We will make the announcement for the commercial launch of our 3G service in next six to seven days," Bharti Airtel CEO Sanjay Kapoor told PTI.

On the telecom circles in which the service will be launched, Kapoor said that those details will be announced soon.

Bharti had won spectrum (radio waves) for 3G services in 13 of the country's 22 telecom service areas in the auction held by the Government last year.

Recently, after initial hiccups, the government permitted carriage of video calls on mobile networks subject to an undertaking by operators that they would provide interception capability by July 31.

Last year, Airtel's competitors, Tata DoCoMo, the GSM arm of Tata Teleservices and Reliance Communications had launched 3G services in some circles, but were forced to stop them due to uncertainty over interception guidelines for video calls.

Besides, state-owned firms BSNL and MTNL are also offering 3G services in the country.

Another major private player, Vodafone has also announced plans to launch the service within the next three months.

Bharti Airtel has given contracts to leading global vendors -- Ericsson India , Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) and Huawei Technologies to set up infrastructure for providing 3G services in the country.

These vendors would plan, design, deploy and maintain 3G-HSPA (third generation, high speed packet access) networks in 13 telecom circles where the company has won 3G licences.

Bharti Airtel had close to 150 million mobile customers in India at the end of December 2010.

<< Please continue discussion in this topic >>