Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolkushi

LAN Extension

Hello Friends,

I have been breaking my head over this since a week and am sure to find a solution on rimweb.

I'm currently using a Airtel Connection with a Wi-Fi Router and 2 laptops & 1 computer connected in same office premises which is in First Floor

All are nearby so, no connection problem. All my office data are stored in computer which we can access over network in our laptops.

Recently, i have built a new showroom backside road which is about two buildings backside and on ground floor.

I have installed an intercom from my office to the showroom and its perfectly working.

The distance of the wire is around 150 meters.

Now, i need to access my computer data from in my office from my showroom.

Can i extend an Ethernet cable over 150 meters and will it work perfectly fine???.. Can i access my data over LAN (+ share my net connection)??

Or any other solution????...

One Solution is Using another connection for your showroom

and then team viewer or VNC can be used.

else cable of 150m is risky i think Jus check if the cable is feasible..

if you can have 2 seperate connections than you can share files thru a software i dont remember the name

shall post in the morning.......

Hello Friends,

I have been breaking my head over this since a week and am sure to find a solution on rimweb.

I'm currently using a Airtel Connection with a Wi-Fi Router and 2 laptops & 1 computer connected in same office premises which is in First Floor

All are nearby so, no connection problem. All my office data are stored in computer which we can access over network in our laptops.

Recently, i have built a new showroom backside road which is about two buildings backside and on ground floor.

I have installed an intercom from my office to the showroom and its perfectly working.

The distance of the wire is around 150 meters.

Now, i need to access my computer data from in my office from my showroom.

Can i extend an Ethernet cable over 150 meters and will it work perfectly fine???.. Can i access my data over LAN (+ share my net connection)??

Or any other solution????...

Use Cat5e Ethernet Cable which is rated for 350 Meter Distance.

Cat5 Ethernet will work only upto 100 Meter.

Since you are using Airtel Wi Fi Router, most probably it will have 4 Ethernet ports on the back side.

-Connect your main computer from which you want to access data through Lan port on your router.

-Connect the computer in your showroom to Lan port on your router by usind Cat5e Cable.

-Configure your operating system for peer to peer network access by creating shared directories and user permissions on the host computer.

which wi-fi router ur using ? have u tried n series router that might can help or buy wi-fire with this u can access the connection 1000 feet away .. ...

or u can use Universal WiFi Range Extender ..

hope this work for u ..

I am having right product for you,

you can extend your lan upto 2kilo meters, just by using 0.5mm telephone cable .

I have used this in my Bangalore railway staion LCD charting project, they works just fine ! (working from last two year without fail)

little slow but for sharing printer , NET, this is best solution ,

you will not get this item in any computer hardware shop, as this is industrial item,

I have used made in india and chines both, they work perfectly fine,

eg:- office hub/wifi router---cat5e---Lan extender(master)-----------0.5mm telephone cable (up to 2km) ---------------------------------------Showroom Lan extender(Slave)---hub--pc

(if only one pc at showroom then no need hub at that place)

EDIT:---

also one simple solution, you need to put one more hub / network switch after 70-80 meters,

so it will be like from your wifi hub one cat5e cable will start, after 70meter put one 8 port or smallest available hub/Network switch, and again run cable from hub to your showroom, put one more hub in show room and attach more than one pc

eg:- office hub/wifi router-------------cat5e--------------75meter (one hub)-----------------cat5e-----------------------show room hub---pc

Ths is also tried and tested solution .

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 1

will be best to try and extend it wirelessly.

if the wireless signal is not already strong enough, try hacking a wifi extender

http://lifehacker.com/296367/boost-your-wireless-signal-with-a-homemade-wifi-extender

also see

http://askbobrankin.com/10_ways_to_boost_your_wifi_signal.html

Midway LAN Extender or HUB require power supply . And safety too can be an issue.

Wifi is the best solution

Or

cat6 cable with gbps ports at both ends can be a solution

what hitesh is saying is right. it works perfectly fine and i think its called lanextender or something. the cost may be little high

It is called LAN extender cost only 5K per pair.(master and slave)

@coolkushi

Bhai itni sari advice ke bad finally kya hua?