Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HetalDP

Now Possible - Tata Indicom Migration From Postpaid To Prepaid Migration

Fantastic Hetal !!

Great to hear TRAI chairman addresses customer complaints so promptly.....

Kudos to you and TRAI chairman

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good news in deed.

Hetal, please tell me if it is now possible for me to migrate my postpaid Tata mobile number into a prepaid one? It is possible for a new handset from you to get registered against a prepaid number easily as you said.

What about the phones activated on that number will they be ported too? or we will be stuck with a dumb phone after we change plans from pre to post and vice versa due to MEID probs.

Hmmm. What will happen to our pre activated phones? what will they (TATA) do while converting Prepaid to post paid and vice versa. OR will we be stuck with a dumb phone after plan change or can we activate at prepaid and then transfer the Activated phone phone to post paid or vice versa?

I am talking about MEID based handsets

Hope you get my point.

Edited by keanu_reeves

Gooooood ---- HP (+1 for the man behind the MASK)

Postpaid to prepaid was avialble long time back,

I my self is having converted postpaid mobile to prepaid...

Even Photon+ was also avilable for post to pre (status : 6 month back).. but i refused.

I thnik prepaid to postpaid not possible..

V for vendetta.. Awesome HP... :clap:

I had a talk with the Tata Exclusive Store here at our place (Bolpur, West Bengal) right now. The personnel told me that the migration process is not new, it was very much there. He even showed me a list of subscribers who have migrated from post-paid to prepaid during last month and were paid back the security deposit. He also informed that migration in data service (Photon Whiz) was also carried out before the Pujas.

So, it is nothing new. It is already there.

Anyways, everybody in the forum came to know about the news. That's good.

Very good :signthankspin:

indeed HP is transforming impossible things POSSIBLE & contributing to the community..

I had a talk with the Tata Exclusive Store here at our place (Bolpur, West Bengal) right now. The personnel told me that the migration process is not new, it was very much there. He even showed me a list of subscribers who have migrated from post-paid to prepaid during last month and were paid back the security deposit. He also informed that migration in data service (Photon Whiz) was also carried out before the Pujas.

So, it is nothing new. It is already there.

Anyways, everybody in the forum came to know about the news. That's good.

After Complaining to TRAI Chirman the Following have been Approved and Implemented in TATA Tele Maharashtra and Mumbai and other Circle where it was not possible

May be in WB, this migration was there from the beginning.

we wish to inform you that we have process to migrate all the products except Data services from Postpaid to Prepaid and vice-versa.

However, the process for migration of Data products shall be implemented by next week.

May be in WB, this migration was there from the beginning.

But the Tata Teleservices personnel in the letter (excerpt above) did not mention that they have just changed the policy, he mentioned that they "have process to migrate". That means it was there already. Saket from Nagpur (Hetal's same state) also migrated himself from postpaid to prepaid earlier (see post #8 above). So why are you pointing at WB as an exception?

Good initiative for benefit of customers +1

Edited by rajanmehta

TATA Tele Maharashtra had Different Postpaid and Prepaid Server becase of the Post to Pre and Vice versa was not Possible, but from last 4 month they are doing Post to Pre on case to case basis but still not allowing Pre to Post since last 7 to 8 days they have started it.

TTML ( Tata Tele Maharashtra Limited ) operates Maharashtra + Mumbai + Andhra Pradesh

• Like 1

TTML ( Tata Tele Maharashtra Limited ) operates Maharashtra + Mumbai + Andhra Pradesh

TTML operates in Andhra? IMHO it's not true. Check this.

TTML and TTSL are different entities, registered separately in the bourses. They also offer different plans and tariffs in prepaid and postpaid. e.g. Pay Per Call is not available in TTML circle.

I wanted to mention that when Saket from Nagpur could migrate long time back, it was surely available in Nasik also. I voted Hetal's post nonetheless, wanted to cheer up the positive move.

@sougatadc, sorry somhow I missed to read the post8 by Saket.

At least urge to write to TRAI chairman should be appreciated and should encourage others in the forum to fight of cosumers' rights.

Edited by kesav

indeedly good work sirji

keep it up Hetal Bhai

All members are correct.. Hetal bhai, Sougatadc sir, saket ji..

1) TTML is a listed company and hence no low-margin (read: mouth-watering plans like PPC) are allowed there..

2) TTSL is different and more flexible and allows such conversions..

3) Saket told me (in our first meeting) that once there was a CDMA operator in Mah&Mumbai. Later Tata bought them under the name TTML..

4) TTML allows post to pre conversions only when customers threaten to leave TataCDMA..

5) TTML doesn't allows Pre2Post, which I have seen many times in TataIndicom's official forum..

And now Hetal sir, took much effort to bring that Prepaid to Postpaid benefit to us in Mum&Mah circle.. Thank you sir for your great efforts and +1 for you..

Yes,

Previosly, TTML was owned by Hughes Tele.com (India) Ltd. link.

Hetal's effort are for PRE to POST.

So i requset to modify, title of thread to "POST to PRE and vice versa"