Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaurangbhartia

Request TATA Indicom To Activate EVDO on Non RUIM Handsets

Hello Everyone,

I call upon the people of this forum to request Tata Indicom to activate EV-DO on the Non-Ruim devices. I have personally put a letter to Tata Indicom through their website with proper reasoning as to why they should do so. I request everyone to do the same. Although I am not sure whether this will make the Tata Indicom heads change their mind or not, but it may be well worth a try.

Thanks

Gaurang

Your satisfaction with our services matters most to us. If our efforts do not meet your expectations, please get in touch directly with me. Send me your feedback at anil@tataphoton.com. I assure you of our prompt attention.

- Anil Sardana

Managing Director

(TATA Teleservices Ltd)

http://www.tataindicom.com/md-feedback-emailid.aspx

That's what Mr.Sardana wishes, so let us send a mail Anil Sardana & reproduce here.

I couldn't understand what Partha wanted to tell. Did he ask the members of this forum to write mail directly to Anil Sadarna or to the Mods so that those will be forwarded to Anil Sadarna?

Partha has reproduced a portion of the MD's mail which is creating confusion.

Bloody they don't accept ESN, EVDO is far far away now.

I couldn't understand what Partha wanted to tell. Did he ask the members of this forum to write mail directly to Anil Sadarna or to the Mods so that those will be forwarded to Anil Sadarna?

Partha has reproduced a portion of the MD's mail which is creating confusion.

Sorry for the confusion, I have edited my post.

@Sougata - He means mail directly to Anil Sardana.

@Sumit - They dont accept an ESN cause now they have shifted to a unified system wherein ALL accounts would need an Akey, be it ESN or MEID. Try giving them MEID with Akey, they might accept it(if you get lucky)

@Sougata - He means mail directly to Anil Sardana.

@Sumit - They dont accept an ESN cause now they have shifted to a unified system wherein ALL accounts would need an Akey, be it ESN or MEID. Try giving them MEID with Akey, they might accept it(if you get lucky)

I tried to give them MEID or ESN with AKEY only one Success Ratio out of 10, not worth the efforts

Why are they doing this..

I think they are concentrating more on DOCOMO than in Indicom

I tried to give them MEID or ESN with AKEY only one Success Ratio out of 10, not worth the efforts

Such an abject success rate, that too for a person of stature of Hetal! I'm pessimistic about handset sales to Tata subscribers by all the sellers here.

Do something, friends.

@ Hetal - That's really bad...Now I consider myself very very lucky that they activated my handset !

Edited by gaurangbhartia

^^^

u had 10 corporate no thats why they had to listen to you

same is with reliance , when u hold many connections many times they have to listen to you

Why are they doing this..

I think they are concentrating more on DOCOMO than in Indicom

YEP! They cant invest in Indicom 'cos of the DOCOMO burden. And now with the launch of 3G the crisis deepens. Havent seen much ads of TI lately, new offers are less frequent.. Who knows, maybe one fine day they will completely pull out of CDMA and shift its subscribers to the GSM wing! It will be a nightmare for me :(

^

I dont think they will pull put of CDMA as they have invested a lot in it. Infact their coverage is more in CDMA than with Docomo. As far as I know, they also have a bigger stake in TI.

Moreover, by technology itself CDMA provides more subscribers to be online in the same bandwitdth.

@Doc - I agree..

Btw,I guess even Hetal has good connections with them ... so he should not have faced a prob of 1/10 handsets...

Edited by gaurangbhartia

^^^

u had 10 corporate no thats why they had to listen to you

same is with reliance , when u hold many connections many times they have to listen to you

Dr sir.. Even I am also having 10 corporate connections with me and I am 4% of the total value of my town for them(by revenue/billValue).. But still they refused to program my number in Verizon BB8830.. Yes, I have threatened them to close all my connections too.. But those lazy, non-technical, non-customer-centric, non-performing, Tata guys gave me lame excuses and even didn't care about my threatening..

Later Hitesh ji and Sumit bhai helped in programming my number in foreign handset.. Yes, it took me FULL FOUR months of fight and struggle to use the BB8830 for Tata.. Now I am the first one and to be precuse, the ONLY ONE in my town Sivakasi, who use foreign handset for TataIndicom..

As Hetal sir rightly said, NOT WORTH THE EFFORTS, wrt TATA INDICOM... Tata should first accept the very fact that, "Handset sales IS NOT A REVENUE GENERATING AREA.. Customers dont want the RIDICULOUSLY low priced and RIDICULOUSLY HIGH priced handsets, sold by them"

They should accept foreign handsets readily, as it will help them in growth of base(volumes).. Growth in base is much more important than earning some tens_of_1000s from OVER-PRICED outdated handsets sold to customer, who bought it un-willingly as there is NO OTHER SIMPLE WAY/choice for him to get a decent feature-rich handset..

With MNP around the corner, I am sure my beloved TataIndicom (they have best of tariffs, data speed is good, new dealers are very good) will suffer due to these very same HANDSET issues... The second issue is the speed at which they are increasing Photon+ coverage, especially in circle where their GSM wing missed the 3G auction..

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

^

I fully agree with Kanaga in each and every word he has uttered in his above post. I feel lucky now that I've my 2 and half yr old hTc Touch in my hand, otherwise I would have been using one of those worthlessly overpriced handsets or an avoidable worthless Chinese handset from Tata Indicom collection. My place is yet to be covered by Photon+ signal. They sent Photon+ devices to their company owned Exclusive store here, but they are still lying unutilized.

With MNP round the corner, my handset will become redundant, as I'll port my BSNL postpaid number to a better 3G operator and use it on high-end handset. In that case I'll not use data on Tata Indicom any more. Tata will be a loser in the long run.

@Kanagadeepan

Do you have photon+ coverage in Sivakasi?

TATA's website still says only Chennai & Coimbatore in TN.

Edited by kesav

Reliance & Tata both CDMA subscribers are unhappy precisely for the points mentioned by Kanaga. Now if subscribers of both operator will migrate, most probably it will be to a GSM operator as MTS CDMA still does not have a good nationwide network.

One possible fallout i see is drastic reduction in prices of CDMA handsets (Atleast in resale market) as all such users will have to dump their CDMA handsets and buy a GSM one.

I second the words of Kanaga and Hetal ji.

I hold 20 tata connections since its launch, paid premium for all the VIP numbers and this A-key **** is what I have at last.

MNP starting from 1st. November that too from Haryana, I think I have no other alternate than to switch network.

@Kanagadeepan

Do you have photon+ coverage in Sivakasi?

TATA's website still says only Chennai & Coimbatore in TN.

Yes Kesav sir.. Tata Photon+ coverage is NOT even available in Madurai itself (But MTS has EV-DO coverage in Madurai), let alone Sivakasi...

I am using Photon+ only in Nagpur while roaming (2 days a month).. Further now, MTS allows EV-DO on foreign handsets too...

Time to say good-bye to TataIndicom after the introduction of MNP..

lucky i am...

today i get activated my HTC HERO with TATA INDICOM prepaid connection.... :grin:

^

what way did you use to activate?

^

By reading the posts , I think TATA is a hit and miss.. though one thing I have to agree is that they were quite co-operative with me regarding the activation of my phone. However, they refuse to activate EVDO. I am patiently waiting for MNP to come and the Telecom operators to start a price war... I wont shift immediately once MNP comes, but sooner or later after seeing the situation.

^

By reading the posts , I think TATA is a hit and miss.. though one thing I have to agree is that they were quite co-operative with me regarding the activation of my phone. However, they refuse to activate EVDO. I am patiently waiting for MNP to come and the Telecom operators to start a price war... I wont shift immediately once MNP comes, but sooner or later after seeing the situation.

See, with such a good handset and not having EVDO on it (even if EVDO signal is available) is really painful. This is what Sourav was telling in another thread. But when I was pointing out the same bottlenecks, Mufaddal spat fire on me. He became exasperated and termed me a CDMA-hater.

Buying a good & costly handset what everybody cherishes. But narrow handset choice, difficulty in procuring a handset (not as easy as buying across the counter), difficulty in changing handset (not an easy proposition at all), low resale value (sometimes it is impossible to sell one, e.g. if I now buy a new handset, my two and a half year old hTc Touch will become nothing but a costly paperweight-- it will be difficult to reprogram it into another number) are what making prospective buyers of high-end CDMA handsets reluctant buyers. MNP is knocking at the door.