Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dinkoarun

Blackberry Tour: Unable To Get Data On 1XEV

I have been having loads of problems in getting my Blackberry Tour to have data throughput on 1XEV(caps). Basically, my phones shows 1XEV in caps whenever there is a tower that has 1XEV services. But when I try to send emails or browse the internet, there is no data throughput. It waits for about 1 minuite and then switches the connection to 1X to get data. So my phone only works on 1X and not 1XEV.

Called up Reliance Blackberry Customer Care (*363), they have been trying to resolve this thing for over a month and still no success. They called a couple of times to inform me that is was resolved from their end, but unfortunately that wasn't they case, so I had to call back and reopen the service ticket.

The sad part is that 1XEV services were working perfectly on my Blackberry 8330 before I switched to Blackberry Tour 9630.

After seeing some of the posts in the forum, and out of my own interest, I went into the Blackberry Engineering screen. In there when I went to the EVDO Session Status screen, it says AN Auth:Authentication Failure. So from my intuition I am guessing that my EVDO services have not been setup properly. My biggest problem is how do I get the dumb Customer Care people to understand what my problem is. They are not able to comprehend anything I am saying. Does anyone here have any ideas.

Here is the content of the EVDO Session Status under Blackberry Engineering:

Session State: Open

Connection State: Idle

UATI024: 0X42DF93

AN Auth: Authentication Failed

Sess Close: Rx session close msg

EVDO Personality Details

EVDO Protocol Details

Support GAUP Token: 1

SMP Close Time: 7200

RANHo (Accepted/Value) : false/0

I dont know much about BBs' but I think its to do with the HDR username and password.

Most probably they de activated your EVDO from backend while you changed the handset.

Here go through this entire post to know how to get it activated http://www.rimweb.in...ng-in-reliance/

Though the handset is different, principle of getting EVDO activated with Reliance remains the same.

And best of luck for one more hair raising experience while you fight it out with them for activating EVDO

I have been having loads of problems in getting my Blackberry Tour to have data throughput on 1XEV(caps). Basically, my phones shows 1XEV in caps whenever there is a tower that has 1XEV services. But when I try to send emails or browse the internet, there is no data throughput. It waits for about 1 minuite and then switches the connection to 1X to get data. So my phone only works on 1X and not 1XEV.

Called up Reliance Blackberry Customer Care (*363), they have been trying to resolve this thing for over a month and still no success. They called a couple of times to inform me that is was resolved from their end, but unfortunately that wasn't they case, so I had to call back and reopen the service ticket.

The sad part is that 1XEV services were working perfectly on my Blackberry 8330 before I switched to Blackberry Tour 9630.

After seeing some of the posts in the forum, and out of my own interest, I went into the Blackberry Engineering screen. In there when I went to the EVDO Session Status screen, it says AN Auth:Authentication Failure. So from my intuition I am guessing that my EVDO services have not been setup properly. My biggest problem is how do I get the dumb Customer Care people to understand what my problem is. They are not able to comprehend anything I am saying. Does anyone here have any ideas.

Here is the content of the EVDO Session Status under Blackberry Engineering:

UATI024: 0X42DF93

AN Auth: Authentication Failed

EVDO Personality Details

EVDO Protocol Details

Contact Here

Call 30336363 from any phone

Or you can email us at customercare.smartphone@relianceada.com

@Dinkoarun : How did you get to the engineering screen on your Tour? Please share the same with me as I too am a BB Tour user. Thanks in advance.

@Retro182 here is the link to get the blackberry engineering screen.

Here goto

1. Radio Engineering Screens (MULTI)
  2. CDMA Engineering Screens
  3. EVDO Screen
  4. EVDO Session Status

I finally spoke to a Reliance Blackberry engineer. Initally, he said that the EVDO services was enabled for my phone at their end. I said, that their EVDO setting was not provisioned properly onto my phone. He finally took my suggestion and said that he will disable EVDO services for my account and re-enable them. Lets see if that helps. I'll keep u posted.

AN authentication failure

means that HDR of your blackberry tour is not flagged active in system .......

each phone has its own HDR

its not that if you switch no from one evdo phone to another phone it will work

your new phones HDR should be flagged active in reliance system , only then u will get evdo

YAHOOO... Finally they have enabled the settings for the phone. Now EVDO data works fine. Here is the latest EVDO Session Status:

UATI024: 0X623335

AN Auth: Authenticated

EVDO Personality Details

EVDO Protocol Details

Sent from my BlackBerry® on Reliance Mobile, India's No. 1 Network. Go for it!

@Mufaddal thank for the info. That was what I was telling the CC. Finally someone listened to me yesterday and reset my EVDO (HDR) settings. I just got it working 10 mins back. I don't know his name, but if he checks this forum, thanks for the help buddy. I just hope all reliance CC people are trained on this issue and can quickly identify and resolve this problem. It would have saved me 1 month of haggling and pain. I was almost on the verge of giving up and jumping to BSNL 3G.

For me data is everything and Reliance has the best EVDO(3G) network in the country.

I'll update this post if my problem returns.