Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amitnsonu

Which GSM Android Phone to Buy?

Hi friends (and RIMWEB Gurus)

I want to buy a GSM Android phone, budget is max 15000. I have chosen 2 phones HTC Wildfire and SE Xperia X10 mini pro. but somewhat confused between them. here is my views about both of them, I want suggestions from your side.

HTC Wildfire

Plus points

1. Running android 2.1 and getting update to 2.2 in december while SE Xperia X10 mini pro is running only android 1.6 and getting an update to 2.1 only.

2. large 3.2 inch screen.

3. good looks and built.

minus points

1. Low resolution.

2. although battery power is 1350 mah, but I have read reviews that battery drain out much faster.

3. less powered processor (528 mhz) although RAM is 384 mb.

SE Xperia X10 mini pro

Plus points

1.well built slider keypad

2. good resolution.

3. although battery is of 930 mah but have read reviews that battery is long lasting.

minus points

1. smaller screen.

2 it looks like lady's phone. (like micromax bling)

3. older android 1.6 version.

friends please suggest which phone I should go for ?

is there any other phone in this category, I dont like samsung at all (because they have poor built quality, poor looks)

Out the 2 phones above, I would suggest the HTC one (and stay away from any Sony phone for that matter)

In medium budget Samsung Galaxy 3 is also very good choice; even cheaper is Galaxy 5

Other choices for you in higher budget - HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy-S / Captivate, HTC Desire, Google Nexus One in that order...

Edited by dkaile

HTC WILDFIRE OR HTC LEGEND...i think both r of same budgets..My company usually test Sony Erricson handsets...so I have personally used and its like Ladies phone !!!!

Most of the girls in our company are using and testing X10 mini and the guys use X10 phones..

So better option is go for HTC !! <_<

Out of the two phones you listed, i too would go for HTC Wildfire.

Some other choices.

Motorola Quench Xt3. This is officially available in india. See this link http://www.rimweb.in...phone-in-india/

LG Optimus. LG specs shows this as Android 1.6 but Genius is using this phone and he has Android 2.1 on it. Specification Link http://www.lg.com/in...obile-gt540.jsp

And finally this Huawei Ideos X6 seems to be father of all this phones. See here http://www.rimweb.in...d-in-hong-kong/

Some Indian Manufacturer Choices. (I may not recommend them but still they are choices and not very very bad considering the price points.)

Videocon V7500 Evolve http://www.rimweb.in...roid-21-mobile/

Spice Mi-300 http://www.rimweb.in...roid-21-mobile/

@ Amit - i had suggested you Htc Wildfire before also and now

Dhiraj Bhai has put his seal on it.

Between HTC WILDFIRE & LEGEND i think Legend is more expensive.

With in 15 k wilfire is a good phone.

Edited by taunk23

@ dhiraj bhai

thanks for your suggestion, I dont like samsung phones and even dont have higher budget for desire etc. so HTC wildfire from ur side.

@harishmahesh

legend is much costly than wildfire, I also think same about x10 mini. HTC wildfire from ur side too.

@rajan bhai

thanks for suggestion. apart from quench xt3 motorola also has launched backflip. I am thinking of these 2 also. any link for detailed review of these phone. but LG phones are not upto the mark if we compare with sony and HTC. huawei, spice and videocon handsets are just crap.

so till now wildfire is winner but just two doubts

Is the processor performance really bad, I am not going to use it very heftily ?

Is the display is very bad ?

what about battery life ?

any comment...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dell launched XCD28 & XCD35, 3G Android mobiles in India

Dell-XCD28.jpg

US leading computer manufacturers after leading the market in PCs, has now launched two 3G Android mobiles called XCD35 and XCD28. Both the models launched are based on Google Android 2.1 operating system.

Some of the prominent features Dell XCD28 are that it has 2.8inches touch screen display, 100gm weight, 3.2Megapixel Camera, 3G support and its Android 2.1 OS is powered with 600MHz processor, 256MB of RAM and 256MB of ROM where as Dell XCD35 has a 3.5-inch OLED, capacitive touchscreen, a 3 megapixel camera, 3G, Bluetooth and WiFi and the Android 2.1 OS is powered with 600Mhz processor.

Dell-XCD35.jpg

Both the phones are carrying high end specification and are launched at very competitive price to give head on competition to other Mobile manufacturers like Nokia and Samsung.

Dell XCD28 is priced at Rs 10,990 & Dell XCD35 can be brought home by paying Rs 16,990 however the later would be availabe in the month of December where as XCD28 has reached the stores and available for the customers.

Edited by dkaile

dhiraj bhai: I also saw the new item - looks interesting. Presumably the OS can be field upgraded to 2.2. The 500 MHz processor as against 1GHz - pros and cons please? Also, I hear that Dell has some model with a slide out QWERTY keypad. Is it true in any of these?

^

Obviously at this cost 10-16K u cant get a snapdragon or a hummingbird processor... performance will be prorata... No qwerty from Dell though, its a 5" mini tablet/smartphone - http://www.dell.com/...obile-streak/pd

the qwerty is coming from motorola (droid pro) as a world phone (cdma+gsm); that could be the best bet for blackberry (read keyboard) lovers... http://www.motorola....D-PRO-US-EN.alt

Edited by dkaile

any thing apart from SOny will do - i am using LG optimus with 2.1 - giving good result, new optimus has also come with 2.2 preinstalled u can check that too..

waise Dell sounds like a good deal to me

@amitnsonu

My dear friend you can have a look at the below mentioned thread to choose from various Android phones. :)

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/27884-comparing-android-touch-phones-under-rs-20k/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

I think the analysis of Techtree is NOT up to the mark...

I would have done a better job.... for sure... (provided they give me all those handsets for free....) lolz... :rofl_200:

Edited by dkaile

I think the analysis of Techtree is NOT up to the mark...

I would have done a better job.... for sure... (provided they give me all those handsets for free....) lolz... :rofl_200:

I agree...

Btwn these two HTC wildfire is preferred

It's a nice ph with 2.1 android and 5 mp cam the only issue I faced in it is its battery backup but this is with every android rest all is gud in wildfire and after it gets the 2.2 update it will too become a beast

Btwn these two HTC wildfire is preferred

It's a nice ph with 2.1 android and 5 mp cam the only issue I faced in it is its battery backup but this is with every android rest all is gud in wildfire and after it gets the 2.2 update it will too become a beast

any info about when wildfire is getting 2.2 update ?

Saw the report. The Motorola Driod 2 & X are very close (74 points v 75 points). iPhone 3 and htc Aria are a further point behind.

Edited by sgiitk

If one is not greatly constrained by the current handset, it makes emminent sense to wait for further 2-3 months for a prospective Android Handset Buyer.

There will be even more choices, better price points and higer specs.

Android OS is at a stage what we call Infection Point for Tech Products. When it happens, there is a mad rush of all manufacturers to be present there.

OS is same except for some manufacturers like HTC, Samsung who add their own customisations and may charge more for that.

Some early adopters are always willing to pay more.

For the rest, get the best at the most attractive price and at the right time. :)

For majority of the manufacturers, competitive pricing, offering better hardware specs is going to be the way forward to stay in Android market and increase their share.

I saw the phone (htc wildfire) at reliance digital.

resolution is very poor, otherwise phone is good, well built.

is moto quench xt3 better choice ?

:previous:

cant say about the moto quench xt3.

but remember one thing about wildfire its memory is very less. and this will block you from installing many applications on it.

PRICE CHECK: What is the price of Samsung Galaxy 5?? my cousin is interested to purchase this handset.

PRICE CHECK: What is the price of Samsung Galaxy 5?? my cousin is interested to purchase this handset.

Price is approx Rs 8,900

Samsung Vibrant T959 is much better, bought one from Hitesh bhai, contact him for details!

Samsung Vibrant T959 is much better, bought one from Hitesh bhai, contact him for details!

My Cousin Want to buy this Phone,Can i know the price of this handset....