Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

:previous: I could make outgoing calls from my RCDMA phone for a week after porting out to TGSM. During this time, all incoming calls came to my TGSM phone.

I look at the above article in a positive way - we have seen that outgoing calls and SMSes can be made from two networks with the same number. Thus, if the security aspect can be solved, MNP V2.0 can involve the facility of a subscriber keeping his number across multiple service providers. This has many benefits - if I am subscribed to two service providers with the same number, and am in an area where one service provider has network but not another, I can still make calls and my recipients don't have to store multiple/frequently-changing numbers. People are already used to carrying multiple phones / SIMs, why not consolidate them into a single number? The MNP process can ask the subscriber to set their preferred network for incoming calls.

Taking it a step further, MNP V3.0 could involve assigning network priority to incoming calls too?

@honest you have tested this? I mean why'll they advertise another providers no?

@igloo

Dear friend, in other countries, where MNP implemented long ago, it works like this only. :)

People who have completed porting, can please anyone confirm if this is working? It should but wanted confirmation.

:previous:

No such thing like this. Only you hear a normal ringtone in a ported number.

^

Thanks then how can one identify onnet? This is important for those who have special call packages for particular network.

^^^ woh sab bhool jaao abhi...

Or better way is, call someone and ask, "Hello are you reliance cdma customer?" If the answer is yes, and you have a rcdma to rcdma pack, then continue with the conversation, otherwise, say the opposite listener, "Bye Bye"..

:previous: Nice one .... heard from internal sources that Reliance trying to implement some kind of indication bell when you call any Reliance number so now I guess you won't hear any caller tune as you will hear -

First a bell (to indicate its Reliance number)

Second a Callertune Promo (press *9 sort of)

Third "User is on 3G" notification

and if even after this you have patience you will hear his callertune :Riendo:

Edited by confused_follower

Its all a Publicity gimmick by various operators.

Everyday a new report with different operator being number 1. Even the counts vary drastically.

Only thing consistent is the bottom 2 RCOM & BSNL :Contento:

I think we will have to wait for the TRAI report to know the correct numbers.

Heard they are planning to include the MNP report in their monthly subscriber reports.

Here is the data on the subject:

You are right.

Rcom is the worst and last in the list.

post-67497-0-71466800-1299118033_thumb.j

Edited by thilak.kmb

CONGRATS to RCOM :rofl_200::Contento:

They deserve to be there - after all they have earned their place in the dust. :Riendo:

They are having the highest problems with MNP and wonder of all wonders with INP also. It appears that they were not expecting MNP at all and they had a lackadaisical attitude towards MNP right from day one. No one in RCOM where, when and why about MNP. All the horses are pulling in different directions.

They are not even able to manage port ins.

Worst service

Its really surprising that Reliance is biigest looser. Most people were anticipating BSNL to be biggest looser.

vaise, has our life changed after mnp? NO

are we getting better services after mnp? NO

I just see import and export of customers in search of something drastically better... and the net result... all the hooligans are in fact same...

Nothing willl change unless huge number of customer opt for MNP. Most customers who are opting out must be prepaid / people having absolutely genuine problems. We Indians are very tolerant.

Very correct Dhiraj and Kalpak Bhai.....nothing gonna change here. The number of subscribers who are porting their numbers are very less.....until and unless a huge subscriber base port their numbers, there will be hardly any affect on these greedy operators....

Maybe the figures released are the successful Port-ins and hence the number of pending cases are not being reflected. RCOM is the master of the game as they do not want the customer to do INP also and neither does RCOM want them to do MNP. So if these subscribers become successful in their MNP quest, the figures will dramatically increase. RCOM is not allowing INP and MNP purposely, so that the figures do not set off an alarming trend. They will be successful only in delaying the inevitable, IMHO....:rofl_200:

In my experience, after a few recent interactions, RCom's service has actually declined further.

What happened to all those poached (highly paid, I'm sure) AirHELL management guys? They truly seem to have sabotaged RCom.

Nobody can have any doubts that RCom deserves the 1st position from the bottom.

Edited by raccoon

If RCOM goes under, then it is bad for CDMA in India. The GSM cartel already has monopoly, and TI is all but dead. Only RCDMA is a biggie in CDMA space as MTS is still fledgling.

rcom managment also looting RCOM, so that it goes off

Rcom has widest and perhaps best network, backed by dumbest, zero empowered customer care. Handset quality is another big issue in CDMA. In airtel I have seen them resolvng billing problem in a day and CC executive will revert all charges and also will offer 50 buck as bonus with apology. I have not visites airtel hub in last 2.5 yeears. Reliancei s just opposit, for every small reason they want customer to go to their store. Billing issue can never ever get resolved on phone for sure.

Consumer will be looser in case rcdma looses customer base.

Edited by kshah

Maybe the figures released are the successful Port-ins and hence the number of pending cases are not being reflected. RCOM is the master of the game as they do not want the customer to do INP also and neither does RCOM want them to do MNP. So if these subscribers become successful in their MNP quest, the figures will dramatically increase. RCOM is not allowing INP and MNP purposely, so that the figures do not set off an alarming trend. They will be successful only in delaying the inevitable, IMHO....:rofl_200:

reliance figures will would have been double if they allowed mnp for all customers.

by just unethical practices they are not allowing port outs.

in my family/friends not a single no. has been allowed to port out by different (wrong) reasons including my number.

on the other hand no improvement in network despite several feedbacks.

I will again apply for mnp till the process OS not complete.

I have an argument in favour of Reliance. Its true that cumulatively, Reliance has lost nearly three lakh customers in MNP, while Vodafone and Idea are biggest gainers. But look at the figures of number of customres these GSM giants have lost. If Reliance has lost 3.5 lakh customers, Vodafone has lost 2.95 lakh customers, Idea has lost 2.40 lakh customers, while Airtel has actually lost 3.6 lakh customers, which means more than what Reliance has lost.

If we go by the figures of customers lost of all companies, one can conclude that Reliance is second company to have lost maximum customers, but one cannot ignore that Vodafone and Idea stand 3rd and 4th respectively.

So if Reliance lost because of bad service, being complacent etc, what can we attribute the loss of Vodafone and Idea customers to? If 3.5 lakh Reliance customers were unhappy with the company, 2.96 lakh were also unhappy with Vodafone. Is it not a big figure? It is a different story that Vodafone gained more customers that what it lost and hence stands tall in the list of gainers in MNP.

My submission is that there is a churn out in all mobile companies and not just Reliance.

^

True it is the lack of port ins which is worrying, because the trend is customers moving away from CDMA. If RGSM was better then RCOM would have seen more INPs. RCOM is losing because RGSM is not upto the mark and RCDMA, though has immense potential for growth, is being mismanaged. It is bad for the CDMA space if RCDMA is losing out, especially noting that CDMA is better technology.

I plead again not to run the arguments based on these frivolous malicious reporting.

These figures are just paid campaign by vested interests to turn the tide towards them.

The real figures can only be released by TRAI and DoT and nobody else can have those figures.

Edited by kesav

previous.gif But then where are these reports coming from? Assuming that they are wrong, it raises serious questions about the sources that are publishing them.

However, considering the current state of affairs, I'm quite sure it will be RCom who will be at the bottom anyway, even though the figures may differ. Riendo.gif

Edited by raccoon

Country-wide MNP requests crossed 38 lakh by the end of February :: TRAI

New Delhi, 9th

March, 2011- The facility of Mobile Number Portability(MNP) Service is available in the country from 20th Jan.2011. As per the data reported by the service providers, by the end of February 2011 about 38.33 lakh subscribers have submitted their requests to different service providers for porting their mobile number. Out of these requests around 3.20 lakh pertains to Haryana wherein MNP was implemented from 25th Nov. 2010. In rest of the country, in MNP Zone-I(Northern & Western India) maximum number of requests have been received in Gujarat (3.65 lakh) followed by Rajasthan (3.14 lakh) whereas in MNP Zone-II(Southern &Eastern India) maximum number of requests have been received in Karnataka ( 3.18 lakh) followed by Tamil Nadu Service area(2.76 lakh). The status of MNP requests in various service areas is given below:

Service Area Wise MNP Status(as on 28th February 2011)

Zone -1

LSA --> Number of Porting Requests

Delhi --> 173437

Gujarat --> 364849

Himachal Pradesh --> 20242

Haryana --> 319850

Jammu & Kashmir --> 1291

Maharashtra --> 262110

Mumbai --> 136067

Punjab --> 194167

Rajasthan --> 313725

Uttar pradesh - East --> 177368

Uttar pradesh - West --> 227752

Total --> 2190858

Zone -2

LSA --> Number of Porting Requests

Andhra Pradesh --> 229,034

Assam --> 8,308

Bihar --> 83,030

Karnataka --> 318,092

Kerala --> 123,812

Kolkata --> 96,382

Madhya Pradesh --> 235,039

North East --> 1,863

Orissa --> 56,989

Tamil Nadu --> 276,950

West Bengal --> 212,681

Total --> 1,642,180

Total (Zone 1 + Zone 2) --> 3,833,038

TRAI is constantly monitoring the implementation of MNP in the country.It is observed that the primary reasons for rejection of port request are Incorrect Unique Porting Code, Non-completion of 90 days, existing Contractual Obligations and Outstanding Dues.

In view of the large number of rejections and complaints, TRAI is in the process of verifying the correctness of the port rejections done by the service providers on sample basis.

http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/PressReleases/803/PressRelease09.pdf

Edited by kesav