Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

Most of said rejections in Haryana happened

primarily due to mistakes in either reading or writing of alpha numeric characters as some alpha-numeric characters e.g.‘I & 1’, ‘U & V’, ‘S & 5’ etc are prone to be wrongly entered

To rectify such confusion, TRAI had revised the UPC(unique Porting Code) regulations through the below direction.

http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/Directives/143/MNPdirect21jan11final.pdf

The change lies in last 6 characters of 8-character UPC. Now the last 6 characters can only be of numerals 1-9.

Earlier those 6 characters can be of alpha-numeric in the range 1-9, A-N & P-Z.

:previous:

But what I received from RCDMA and RGSM is last 6 alphanumeric UPC only. Is it invalid then? I have so far only opted for Port-out and not for any Port-in.

Actual porting process starts only after you've provided your UPC to recipient operator.

I think you can send SMS to get new UPC again which may comply with TRAI's new direction.

previous.gif I dont think so that a new UPC will be generated for those who has already got existing UPC.

The guidelines will be applicable for new request for UPC.

Otherwise there will be 2 UPC for same number !

@Kapil K Dev

Do one have to pay for the OMH sim from MTS or since it is the MNP kit, are they waiving off the charges?

They charged me 49/- for the sim

I enquired at nearest mts store.

He said Sim free

FRC13

SRC(second rechage coupan Rs50.

TT 75(43 main 32 promo)

Tariff 1/2 paisa local, 1 paisa std

Tariff validity 90 days

sim validity lifetime.

Then can rechgarge with Rs103/109 etc.

Where i will get 75/125 MIN(not sure for exact) min local for 6 or 12 months ...

Also Sim card was having old mts number, which will be erased out. and new number put in place.

OMH sim card.

Procedure takes Mainly 4 days.

I requested COde for RGSM today at 7:00 PM got all alphabets. Vodafone has also accepted this code.

:previous:

Thank you me_saket, the staffs in the MTS store said they have no correct clarification from MTS company and they will refund me the money if they charged wrongly.

Guys just one question?

is there any good data triff on mTS??

today i called videocon CC n told them that i want to port my RCDMA no to videocon...........at firse he told me to wait for few moments so that he can check..........then he told that CDMA to GSM is not possible yet............can anybody throw light on this issue??

Kyu cc ki baatoh me aa rahe ho ?

Please read faq posted on rimweb. All your doubts will vanish....

sent from android

• Like 1

Today I again visited Web World to Transfer my RGSM to RCDMA, but as per WEB WORLD they have still not received RUIMs for MNP.

So finally I have given requested to Vodafone. Everything was ready with them.

Reason to use MNP: Most of the time I have to search for RGSM Network.

Customers Find it Hard To Port To Other Networks Even As Telcos Enter Slanging Match

25 JAN, 2011 Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Mobile number portability got off to a rocky start as customers complained they were unable to swap service providers and telcos accused rivals unfairly hanging on to top clients. Customers queuing up to switch operators without a change in cellphone numbers were told "servers were down" or there were technical glitches that prevented quick action on their request to desert their existing service provider.

Airtel customer SK Ghosh has been sending a text message for two days only to get a terse reply: "invalid entry". ET spoke to a cross-section of customers across the country. All of them faced similar hurdles. The response from another service provider for subscriber in West Bengal was "no default configured".

Vodafone Essar , which runs a countrywide network, said customer helplines were awash with complaints from angry subscribers of rival networks complaining their requests to make a switch fell on deaf ears. The telco plans to take up the issue with sector regulator Trai.

"We are getting complaints from customers who want to port in to us that they are not getting the unique porting codes from their existing service providers or there is a delay in the process. It is not appropriate to name any specific operator," Samaresh Parida, Vodafone Essar's director (strategy) told ET.

Reliance Communications , the country's second largest telco by customers, also said its rivals were not processing requests to switch to the Anil-Ambani promoted company.

"I can confirm that RCom helplines have received umpteen complaints from (customers of rival networks) that their SMS requests were not being accepted by their present service providers. Most complaints emanated from Vodafone, Airtel and some Idea Cellular customers in Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Karnataka who been wanting to port into RCom," said RCom's president (marketing) for wireless business, Mahesh Prasad.

The CEO of Bharti Airtel , India's largest telco by both customers and revenues, Sanjay Kapoor, said his company was not blocking customers' request to switch to rivals. "There may be some technical issues, but we should not jump to conclusions, and allow the system to stablise," he said.

Kapoor said Airtel would gain the most by the introduction of MNP. "Our revenue market share is far higher than our customer market share, an indicator of the quality of our subscribers. We have a credible track record for services and an enviable reach in terms of our networks and MNP will therefore enable us to get more customers," he said.

He said eventually, a customer would be able to make a switch. "If a subscriber does not get a response, he will resend the SMS. It is not possible for any telco to block the process," Kapoor added. According to Rajan Mathews, director general of The Cellular Operators Association of India, the body representing all GSM telcos, technical glitches were bound to crop up in the first weeks especially considering that scale of the project.

"No country with over 700 million cellphone customers and 14 operators has ever attempted such a project. Given the complexity involved, I can categorically state that there is no malicious intent by any operator to stall or delay porting requests. Besides, any telco that has complaints can always approach regulator Trai," he added.

Reliance GSM has lot of new plans for delhi circle on the occasion of MNP.

The best plan i found out was.

699 Plan

Local Rim : Free

Local Other:50p

STD Rim: Free

STD Other: 50p

+ 900 minutes free Local/STD offnet call

Sms:50Pp (Local/STD)

The Department of Telecom has told operators to implement mobile number portability (MNP) properly or face penalty. :clap:

The DoT notice was sent on Monday after it received a number of complaints from subscribers who were unable to port their numbers.

Under the MNP system, when a subscriber sends in a request for porting to number 1900, operators are required to reply with a unique porting code (UPC). This code is required by the subscriber to complete the porting to the operator of his choice.

“Some operators have been found to deny the UPC to subscribers and are sending messages like ‘sorry customers, please try after some time' or ‘dear customers, please wait for some time'. Thereafter, operators try to contact the customer for retention. This is not allowed. We have told the operators that UPC generation is not to be hampered under any circumstances,” said a top DoT official.

Technical problems

“Some operators, after sending the UPC, are rejecting the applications saying that the code is not correct even though that is what had been sent to the customer. This is also not acceptable. The operators are required to follow the conditions laid down by the DoT and TRAI and any instance of violation may lead to penalty.”

An industry representative said that there may be initial technical problems in implementing the system but the operators are working towards resolving the issues.

“When such a huge initiative is rolled out across the country covering over 700 million subscribers, there is bound to be some start-up problems. By and large, MNP is being implemented properly but there could be a few instances of technical glitches. This will be sorted out,” said an industry representative.

MNP was first introduced in Haryana on November 25 and in the rest of the country on January 20. In Haryana, over one lakh subscribers have availed themselves of the porting facility.

Courtesy : The Hindu - Business Line

today i called videocon CC n told them that i want to port my RCDMA no to videocon...........at firse he told me to wait for few moments so that he can check..........then he told that CDMA to GSM is not possible yet............can anybody throw light on this issue??

Friend, CDMA to GSM and GSM to CDMA is surely possible. I suggest you better to keep away from such foolish networks. They can not train their staff properly, then how they give you a better service?

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2011/01/27/stories/2011012750410300.htm

2-3% of mobile users may shift operators, says Syniverse chief

Syniverse is one of the two companies which were given the licence by the Government to set up the mobile number portability (MNP) system. Business Line spoke with Mr Sanjay Kasturia, CEO, Syniverse Technologies India Pvt Ltd, on how the company went about implementing the system and its expectations.

How difficult was it to set up the entire system?

From Syniverse perspective, the implementation of the entire system has not been difficult at all. Syniverse has deep experience with number portability and has played key roles in MNP implementations in a number of countries around the world, including in the UK, Finland, Singapore, the US and Canada. The transition in those locations to MNP has been nearly seamless for both the operators and the subscribers, and we are experiencing the same successful process in India.

What percentage of subscribers do you think will churn due to MNP?

As regards the porting percentage, we expect there would be an initial excitement on MNP but it is likely to stabilise to the levels we see across the world. We expect this percentage to be between 2-3 per cent over the next few years.

Do you think India will go the way other markets where MNP was introduced in terms of overall impact?

The success of MNP and its impact largely depends upon a) Customer awareness of the MNP services and its advantages by the operators, B) flawless roll-out of the MNP service, and c) proper monitoring of the MNP process by the “regulator,” such that the end customer experience is not compromised. In our opinion, MNP will have a very positive impact for the subscribers.

Is the revenue share fixed by TRAI profitable for you?

Syniverse will be paid a “Per-Port Transaction charge” as decided by the TRAI from time-to-time.

How many people have you taken on ground for the MNP business?

There are multiple teams managing different tasks to ensure the porting process is smooth for the end subscribers. We would not like to provide numbers here as a part of the work of managing the Data-centre operations has been outsourced to TCS.

I don't understand why operators are either misleading customers about MNP or delaying the process. In my case, its been six days since I have applied for porting in from Idea to RCDMA. But the process is yet to be cleared from my donor operator. Anyway, its very clear that MNP can take place between two different platforms as well ie from CDMA to GSM and from GSM to CDMA.

Friend, CDMA to GSM and GSM to CDMA is surely possible. I suggest you better to keep away from such foolish networks. They can not train their staff properly, then how they give you a better service?

^

Its a mere start, so it will take time for proper implementation.

Do expect delays.

Media Reports of Telcos intentionally blocking Port Out Request does seem valid http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__217657

Yesterday, tried getting a Porting Code From RCDMA in Mumbai...Tried 5 Times During The Day...Everytime got the message...Service is temporarily unavailable, kindly try later..

And in the same message, Call Back 001901..When you call back at that number..A Pre Recorded Message...Please Contact Reliance Customer Care to Enable this Service..

Finally in the night, Contacted CC, I was asked Which Operator You want to Shift..Told None of Your Business..Complaint Taken and Resolution promised within 24 Hours...

Surprise, Surprise...Again Tried For Port Code after Half an hour and Got it...

Vodafone reaps rich harvest from MNP

Indian Express

Thursday, Jan 27 2011, 01:40 hrs

After years of waiting, mobile number portability, or the technology to change your telecom operator while keeping the same number, was launched pan-India on January 20. Initial data from the first four days of number portability accessed by FE throw up some interesting trends, in terms of operators as well as regions.

Vodafone-Essar, the country’s third-largest mobile operator has won hands down in terms of consumer preference. It

has emerged as the clear winner with a net 61,789 users wanting to switch to it, followed by Aircel (28,088) and Idea Cellular (15,220). The country’s largest mobile operator Bharti Airtel is at No.4 with a net of only 10,412 users wanting to port to it.

In terms of losers, it seems there’s neck-and-neck competition between state-owned BSNL and the country’s second-largest mobile operator Reliance Communications. While BSNL’s net loss of customers going by the initial trend stands at 51,462, RCom follows closely at 48,089.

Among telecom circles, Gujarat ranks on top with 30,627 subscribers so far sending in their requests to port. Maharashtra follows with 25,000 requests and Rajasthan is at the third place with 19,706 requests. The maximum number of Gujarat’s subscribers (10,845) want to port to Vodafone. Similarly, in Maharashtra, the first choice is Idea Cellular with 11,502 wanting to port to it. In Rajasthan too, Vodafone is the first choice with 5,984 wanting to shift to it.

Among metros, Delhi ranked the highest with 15,449 users wanting to port their numbers, almost half of whom (7,218) want to move to Vodafone. Mumbai ranks second with 11,220 wanting to port and once again Vodafone is the first choice (4,812). Only 1,121 subscribers in Kolkata have so far evinced interest in porting and their choice is also once again Vodafone (469).

it clearly proves that indian consumer is now awaken and he prefer quality (vodafone) rather than cheap tarrifs (rcom).

now anil bhai ab bhi time hai please improve your network and cc.

• Like 1

^^^ Interesting find, and I am proud to be a gujju.. Lol..

BTW, I just gave my request to port into DCM's postpay network from my RGSM postpaid..

Let the process begin.. :)

I'm trying to port two of my RCDMA mobiles to MTS and send the sms nearly 15 times.....but received this from Reliance :

"Your request could not be processed. Please try after some time." :ranting:

Logged complaints twice and got the sms next day from Reliance that my issue has been resolved.....but still I'm unable to get the porting code. :(