Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

How they will let go OLD and GOLD Customers like you so easily? nono.gif

Bhai Purane rishte me daraar jarur aayi hai lekin todna to mushkil hota hai na... cray.gif

Bhai Purane rishte me daraar jarur aayi hai lekin todna to mushkil hota hai na... cray.gif

Rajan Bhai, kya kaha ? Todna mushkil hota hai ???? Lo abhi todey detey hain !

Arey Rimweb wale bhai log suntey ho ?.....dekho dekho BHAI kya keh rahe hain.......TOD DOH YEH DEEWAR.....!

Per yeh dewaar toot-ti kyu nahi hai ?

Tootegi kaise......DROPPED CALLS..... LATE DELIVERY OF SMS's aur UNWANTED VAS ACTIVATIONS se joh bani hai. :rofl_200:

• Like 1

kya baat hai kamal sir,

now u should start writing dialouges for priyadarshan's comedy movies....:Contento:

I had sent a port out sms. Got this message a couple of days ago.

"Dear Customer Your SR No. UCS1xx8xx6 has been processed. Thank you for being with Reliance." Whatever that means!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

UCS request are basically for Retention.

Closure of such case means either you have been retained or you have been allowed to PORT OUT.

Operators are acting up if the port out requests are sent to them. my wife's porting request has been rejected by Tata (to Vodafone) citing "outstanding dues" as the reason. whereas we paid the bill as soon as it was generated. this is sick!

Jasmeet

Per yeh dewaar toot-ti kyu nahi hai ?

Binani Cement se jo bani hai. (reliance cement se bani hoti to yeh problem na hoti)

I am not able to send msg to 1900 from my samsung epic !!

is it because handset if US born?

Can somebody help?

:previous:

That is NOT the case... I have sent the porting request from my EPIC only and got the UPC immediately without any issues... But I am using TataIndicom...

Further you can complaint to

if your operator is not sending u the porting codes, please complaint at ddgpg-dot@nic.in and ca@trai.gov.in (Got from tweet of @TelecomTalk )
Edited by KanagaDeepan

Can somebody help?

What error are you getting ?

I hope you are not using signature.....

Can somebody help?

What error are you getting ?

I hope you are not using signature.....

MSG not sent..

no i am not using signature..

msg sending fail in 1900 and i have complained in CC.

EVEN i cant send sms in 53000, twitter number..

may b reliance has blocked sending msg to special number.

I am from gujarat, i even tried from two other cell

DoT seeks status report on MNP from telecom firms

KOLKATA: The telecom department has asked all mobile phone companies to submit a detailed status report by Wednesday on the first wave of implementation of mobile number portability (MNP), the facility that allows mobile subscribers to switch service providers but retain their original cellphone number. The move comes after the department's monitoring wing received several complaints that customers of all operators were facing difficulty porting out from their existing service providers.

Each mobile phone company has been asked to submit a detailed factsheet on the total number of port-outs, port-ins and the number of successful unique porting codes (UPCs) generated since January 20. Senior executives of mobile phone companies that have attracted maximum complaints from customers are likely to be summoned this week by the telecoms ministry to resolve matters expeditiously.

"Customers who have been trying to port-out for the past 10 days have misgvings about virtually every service provider, be it Aircel, Bharti Airtel , RCOM, Vodafone Essar, Idea Cellular, Tata DoCoMo to BSNL. Which is why, we have asked all operators to make detailed submissions on their UPCs generated so far, along with the total number of people who wish to port out and port into their respective networks during the first week of MNP implementation. We reckon it is teething trouble as every operator realises that forcibly holding onto a customer would be a limited game that would come to nought in the long run," said a director in telecom ministry's Term Cell, who dod not wish to be named. The Term Cell is the DoT's vigilance wing that is tracking MNP implementation on a pan-India basis.

While executives at Vodafone Essar, Bharti Airtel and Anil Ambani-promoted RCom said that they had received a copy of the DoT directive seeking a status report on MNP implementation so far, Maxis-controlled Aircel declined comment on the matter. Though it could not be independently confirmed, industry executives familiar with the matter said Aircel's national retail network team was working the round the clock to address teething issues linked to MNP implementation . It is learnt that the Aircel network has logged a meaty 29000 port-in requests over the past 10 days.

Last week, ET had spoken to a cross-section of consumers across the country who had claimed their text messages for changing operators were not going through or were eliciting terse SMS responses saying "invalid entry" or "no default configured". Telcos, in turn, had liberally indulged in a slanging match by levelling allegations that a section of operators were creating artificial barriers to hold on to their high-end customers who were mulling a switch.

source :: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/dot-seeks-status-report-on-mnp-from-telecom-firms/articleshow/7401605.cms

It's good to see DoT is waking up to the problem.

I sincerely appeal to DoT to create a circle level help line manned by each TERM cell to receive and process MNP complaints.

Edited by kesav

I request our DoT and Mr.Sibal to please look into inter-circle number portability on a priority basis. :praise:

MNP-India.jpg

Initial MNP Data Reveals Vodafone As A Clear Winner Followed By Idea

After a long wait, Finally India will see nation wide introduction of Mobile Number Portability (MNP) — which allows a mobile phone users to change the service provider while retaining existing mobile number, which was launched pan-India on January 20. Now the Initial data from the first 15 days of Pan India MNP stats are with us !

The initial number shows India’s 2nd largest Mobile Service provider Vodafone leads followed by IDEA Cellular as per official MNP data available with us. Vodafone has gained by a total of 94747 GSM subscribers which is the highest number of new mobile subscribers additions via MNP however the operator lost 44,041 subscribers.

While IDEA Cellular notched up 74978 new subscribers at the end of Janurary-2011, While market leader and largest GSM operator Bharti Airtel added up 77240 Port In subscribers from other operators.

It looks like ad campaign by Vodafone (EveryBody”s Welcome ) and Idea (No IDEA GET IDEA) has really helped both operators “Where to Switch?” and gained a good momentum of subscribers.

State run Bharat Sanhar Nigam Ltd and CDMA Major Tata Teleservice (Tata Indicom) and Reliance Communication emerge as the biggest looser in the MNP scenario.These data are as of Jan 30th so everyday there is ups and downs happening in the industry .

Here are the details (as on 30th Jan 2011).

MNP-Data-as-on-31-Jan-2011.jpg

Courtesy : Telecom Talk

Look at the PORT IN and PORT OUT status of both RELIANCE CDMA & GSM :o

RCDMA : Port In 343 & Port Out 23,264

RGSM : Port In 1664 & Port Out 35,663

Really shocking. Waise yeh toh hona he tha.

So RCOM lost 55K customers for CDMA and GSM. Good progress. Will free up network for RGSM users.

Majority of CDMA users are opting to PORT OUT. Be it of RCDMA or Tata Indicom or MTS or PING Mobile.

Finally RCOM has become No.1 :rofl_200: (in losing customers, that is)

They truly deserve the honour.

3 (or should it be 8 - one each for the number of years it has been fooling customers) cheers to RCOM for achieving the impossible after 8 long years.:clap::clap1::whistle::cheer::punk::victory::drool::rofl_200:

True kumar same is in my place almost everyone is leaving except my Chacha who still says he done need network

^^^

Chacha Zindabaad....Genius Bhau. :)

Though this is just 10 days data but for all the earlier noice about 50% CDMA users will be porting out...

RCDMA and TATA both have lost less Gross Customers compared to supposed to be the Best Networks, Vodafone and Airtel

Gross Port Outs

Vodafone-44,041

Airtel-60,970

R-CDMA-23,264

TATA-CDMA-26,251

And as far as huge numbers porting in to Vodafone & Airtel, they may be All Prepaid, Low ARPU users wanting to taste the best at lowest cost

Personally seen this at Voda Store Here-Nearly 25 people with Port in to Vodafone-All into Prepaid...

But People Porting out from Vodafone & Airtel may be high ARPU users tired of their tariffs..So despite net gains..Negative Finacial Impact may be more for them..

• Like 1

Very TRUE, Rajan Bhai... +1 for you...

Further friends, TataCDMA (26,251) has MORE PORT-OUT (Port_In also) than RCDMA (23,264)... May be due to very very less handset choices (even comparing RCdma) and less EV-DO coverage...

I am also going to move from TataCDMA (all 10 connections) next month, since they refused to give me good 1x plans... Bye bye CDMA...

May be they are really going to sell themselves to MTS...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

^

Lol, he is "The Tata" Ratan Tata.

When he can buy the Jaguar and Land Rover, how could you even think he will sell his name to anyone? that too MTS :P

Dont even dream of that!

Well, my friend Sumit bhai... I am just dumping words, because of hatred towards them... This rumour is surrounding our forum for few weeks... Thats why...

Yea, you are right Rumor, that it will be :D